“Absolutely unexpected and stunning.”

Okanagan Street Food
Ranked #15 of 647 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American, International
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've gone to this restaurant a couple of times for business lunches, always to the pleasant surprise of my company. Today was the first time my wife and I went as a couple (we are both big into food).

I ordered the pulled pork, my wife had the mac and cheese with pulled pork and we shared a poutine.

Having eaten pulled pork at some of the most reputable pulled pork dives in Western Canada, I can state without a doubt that this was the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had. The bun holds up so well to the last bite, is just a tad sour and is braised to sweet perfection with brown sugar. The onions are sweet and flavoured with balsamic and wine. The pork itself is unusually unsweet for pulled pork and favours more savory flavours like cumin. The pork was perfectly cooked and was neither tough nor stringy. Putting them all together you have a phenomenal sandwich. Of course, a great bottle of local beer helps it go down a little easier.

My wife's mac and cheese was made to order, as with all mac and cheese at OSF. This means you have to wait a bit for it to arrive, but when you see the crispy, bubbling gooey goodness, you know the wait was worth it. House-made noodles, rich cheesey sauce and layers upon layers of flavour. Mac and cheese is not usually a wow dish; OSF changes that.

The poutine was prepared with a cheddar style cheese curd, hand-cut double fried fries and a thinner, more savoury gravy. The poutine ranks up there among the greats. Make sure to ask for their house-made blackberry ketchup if you want an extra dipping sauce.

Having tried a number of other dishes, I can say that every item is an experience. With the prices and location, you can tell that the Chef is serving you good food because he has a passion for what he does. OSF is bar-none, the best bang for your buck you will get in the Okanagan with appies ranging from $6-8 and mains from $8-$12! A few places in town could learn that amazing, scratch-made food is inexpensive and a reward to your guests.

The dining area is small, but cozy and kitchy. A great place to bring a friend, grab a lunch or take a business relation for a surprisingly pleasant meal. I absolutely can't wait for our next visit!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two visits. The mac and cheese with pulled pork was outstanding! Fish taco exceeded expectations! Extensive collection of hot sauces to add if desired. Not to be missed if you are in Kelowna!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have patience getting there - it seems a little of the way - located in the industrial area of Kelowna. It is well worth the effort to find it! We went there for lunch - ordered the fish tacos, pulled pork sandwich and the mac n' cheese. They told us when we ordered that the mac n' cheese was made to order and would take 20min - if you are looking for warmed up kraft dinner this is not the place for you:-) The meals were delicious the sides were enormous - some of the best french fries I have EVER had served with a side of blackberry ketchup!!! YUM!!!

Open: Tues - Sat 9am - 3pm

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Since moving to Kelowna 7 years ago we have been searching for a great weekend breakfast place. Too many places we came across provided the bare minimum breakfast experience until we came across Okanagan street food. It is unassuming but a perfect diner style setting to meet up with friends and enjoy some truly delicious food! The menu items are top notch (especially the huevos) and the staff are always friendly.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've been a number of times for breakfast! It's one of those places where you find a dish that is so delicious (the Huevos Rancheros) that you don't want to try anything else! And the hot sauces!! So many to choose from!