“Trying too hard to be Fancy. It's a Pub.”

The Train Station Pub
Ranked #24 of 649 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food too expensive for pub food. Portions were small and quality wasn't good. The patio is too close to Clement Avenue which is a very busy road.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant is located in a historic train station in old town Kelowna BC, with on site parking. The inside is warm and inviting, the decor is true to its history, and the staff are welcoming and responsive. Two of us had the fish and chips - a great choice, as the items were fresh and crisp, with no residual oil. The fish was firm and moist. One of our party worked with the server to create a guten free plate out of a traditional hamburger entree, which ended up delicious. The server's suggestions for local beers was spot on, and we enjoyed our introduction to BC beers. As the pub gradually filled up with customers, the noise level was only moderate and there was a nice mix of all age groups. We had a great time and it looked like others there did also.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was busy but not screaming busy. A server walking by said, go ahead sit anywhere - took a table that hadn't been wiped completely. Sat there and waited. Another server asked if we wanted to see a menu, but didn't look to happy about. Made 2 more passes before remembering to drop off the menus. When my friend asked what I felt like, I looked up and said "Sushi, let's leave". We were there around 15 min. and weren't even offered a beverage order or a warm greeting. Whoever did the interior design missed the boat. For a reclaimed CP Rail building, it feels very disjointed and out of place. Won't bother spending my money or time there.

1  Thank Ynotdive
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the beef dip, it was good, a bit of gristle but very tasty. MIL had the mac and cheese and couldn't eat it all.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was at the Train Station Pub a couple of times in the summer/ fall of 2011. Both times the food and service were excellent. Headed back with my hubby as we were looking for some good comfort food. We seated ourselves and a waitress arrived promptly but as soon as we opened the menus we were disappointed. The menu used to include a lot of local foods and was seasonal. That all seemed to be gone and has been replaced by standard pub fare. Our meals were alright but nothing special. My Caesar salad was slightly warm and although it was good my steak was not cooked how I asked. The plate also was underwhelming looking with only one onion ring on the steak sandwich. Overall we were not impressed with the value and quality of the food that we had a year ago :(