“Fabulous completely customized tour!”

Wine Your Way Tours
Ranked #6 of 68 Food & Drink in Kelowna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour through the Okanagan valley safely while enjoying the many spectacular vineyards. Servicing Lake Country to Oliver and everything in between. There is a variety of tours that are all fully customizable. Whether you want to learn a little or learn a lot, this is the perfect tour for you. Touring with a certified Sommelier and educated guides, will ensure you are in capable hands! Wine is my passion, and what's better than being able to share that? You Sniff, Swirl and Sip We Drive!
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I went on a tour with Wine Your Way last week and it was terrific! What really sets it apart for me is Shalyn's knowledge and ability to tailor the tour to suit everyone's individual preferences. She doesn't start with a set itinerary - she talks to everyone and then chooses the wineries based on what people like and are interested in. With this company, you get far more than just transportation.

We started our tour at one of the larger, more "commercial" wineries, just to give us a feel for that kind of operation. After that, the focus was on smaller, less well-known places. Everyone in the group preferred the smaller wineries - we were able to chat with the people who own the business and really know their wines, plus we were able to try wines that we might otherwise not hear of. At each winery, Shalyn told us what they were best known for and suggested the best wines to try.

The beauty of this tour is Shalyn's expertise. She's a certified sommelier and I was very impressed by her depth of knowledge. One of the women in our group is a horticulturist and Shalyn was able to show her the vines at the various vineyards and talk with her about pruning methods, harvesting, etc. She told us about the history of winemaking in the area - even some of the family dynamics behind the different wineries! She talked to us about wine and food pairings and had brought along some cheese so we could see how different a wine can taste on its own and with food. At one winery, we tried pairs of the same wine from different years and she told us about the differences in taste and why they were different. I'm not (at all) knowledgeable about wine, but by asking me questions, Shalyn was able to guide me to wines that suited my taste and I went home with several bottles. Our group had quite diverse tastes and she suggested different wines for each person to try. This is definitely not a one-size-fits-all tour!

This is a new company and the great reviews it's been getting are well deserved. It's a must-do!

9  Thank LJ2503

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I booked a tour with Wine Your Way Tours as part of a Stagette and we had a blast! Shalyn and David are very professional and friendly and totally exceeded our expectations. Shalyn is very knowledgeable about wine and the region and we felt struck the right balance between educating us and just leaving us to have a fun! Shalyn accommodated our request to go to a specific vineyard, as well as took us to vineyards which had the bride's favourite wine. We were especially impressed with the ice cold bottle of water on our seats after each stop, that Shalyn was able to provide vegetarian options at lunch for one of the girls at the last minute because I forgot to mention until 1:30am the day of the tour and that the focus was more on going to the vineyards we discussed as opposed to keeping to the time limit.

6  Thank CD154913
Shalyn S, Owner at Wine Your Way Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Your group was my first ever stagette! Not that I could ever forget you lovely ladies, but my firsts always have a special place in my heart. I am glad that we were able to "kidnap" your group for some extra time, I always feel disappointed when I don't make it everywhere I had mapped out.
Thanks again, and I love the pics you posted :)
Shalyn

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I highly recommend this tour. The guide is knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. Being part of a small group provides plenty of opportunity for discussion and learning about the Okanagan Valley wines and wines in general.

14  Thank AndreaFurness
Reviewed July 24, 2011

To say that Kelowna has wineries is an understatment, however I did the daunting task of finding wineries I might enjoy....after a couple of overwhelming hours I discovered a company "Wine your way tours" so I gave them a call. To my delight I was greeted by Shalyn (the owner/operator) and told her my frustration of trying to find wineries in the area. Shalyn filled me in on her company and what she personally provides.WOW is all I could think!! I am by no means a connoisseur of wine(Shalyn is a certified Sommelier) which was not an issue with Shalyn at all. She asked me a few questions on my preferences, if I was looking to pair up my wines with a specific meal and what type of pallet I had (sweeter,spicy,dry ect..) She also inquired just how long I was looking to have my tour for.After talking with Shalyn for a bit she said that she would design a tour for me that I was sure to enjoy, if I was still interested, I was, and sure enough I was NOT disappointed! Shalyn was amazing and very informative and funny! We went to a couple of "Popular and Pretty" wineries and they were just that, however I felt a bit lost among all the wine glasses and people...When we got back into the car I was asked how I liked the wine, "It was ok" was my response. Shalyn was smiling and told me not to worry she was going to fix that. The next winery we went to was a bit smaller and a little more rustic looking but the view was AMAZING. I learned a bit of the history and was able to "taste" the wine as each one was discribed! Shalyn had nailed it and what a fantastic afternoon.
I had gone from large "everyone knows" wineries, to very quaint just as beautiful wineries all by answering and talking with Shalyn. She really did design my tour to my pallette and I learned alot along the way. If you are ever in Kelowna this is a company that is a must book!

16  Thank Brandyd_lee
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We went for a friends birthday and it was an all around awesome day. We were picked up right at home and dropped off later in the day which was really convenient. The tour was personalized just for us and we went to some really cool wineries. We were able to go all the way out to Lake Country and then to West Kelowna. The guide really listened to what kind of wines each of us preferred and then chose wineries that kind of specialized in each of our favorites. We already booked again for my girlfriend's birthday but hope to do another tour before then even. Thanks for the awesome day guys.

10  Thank Kfogg89