“Somewhere between poor and average” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lake Lounge on Okanagan

The Lake Lounge on Okanagan
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Lake Lounge on Okanagan - the newest and one of the largest cruise boats on Okanagan Lake.Departing from The Sails at the foot of Bernard Avenue in downtown Kelowna (corner of Abbott St.), this chic dinner boat spares no expense to ensure passenger safety and comfort. The lower deck offers an inviting atmosphere with vaulted ceilings, dining seating for 35, a state-of-the-art kitchen, a gas fireplace for chilly evenings on the water, and a premium entertainment and sound system including a 50" Plasma and a 32" LCD TV with satellite.The upper-deck is truly the best seat in the house, providing uninterrupted, 360 degree views of spectacular Okanagan Lake. The Lake Lounge features the largest floating bar on Okanagan Lake, a raised dance floor, a hot-tub, a premium sound system and lighting and a 42" Plasma TV equipped with satellite. Book the Lake Lounge on Okanagan today for a Okanagan Lake dinner cruise, event, or party. This vessel can accommodate up to 90 passengers and crew, making it the perfect venue for any event.
Sylvan Lake, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Somewhere between poor and average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is the only poor review that we are giving for our recent holiday in Kelowna. My husband and I took a Tuesday afternoon 'cruise' and weren't too impressed. It would have been nice to have some information during our 1 1/2 hours on the boat, maybe even a short taped commentary about the homes or history of the area. There was a large tour group that were onboard so staff really didn't have time for the few individuals that paid for this tour. The boat stopped for awhile so that the tour group people could take a short speedboat jaunt, meanwhile we the other passengers just sat and waited. In fairness, the cost of this tour wasn't a lot so I guess you get what you pay for. It was a boat ride and nothing more. As out-of-town visitors to Kelowna, we were disappointed in this attraction and won't repeat the experience.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank lr2009
TheLakeLounge, Owner at The Lake Lounge on Okanagan, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hi Ir2009,

I'm sorry you had less than a desirable experience on our afternoon cruise.

To answer some of your complaints about the cruise:

We are looking into having narration on the cruise next year, most likely live. It will not be on all of our cruises because I think a lot of guests like just going out for a cruise, having lunch, listening music, and keeping the cruise price to a minimum. $15 for a 1.5 hour cruise I think is fair for the cruise that we offer. A narrative cruise will have more costs associated which will increase the price a bit.

In terms of the tour groups getting picked up and dropped off with the jetboat, at the beginning of 2013 I thought we could offer the jetboat ride to other guests onboard to add to the experience of the afternoon cruise. However, I found that not many guests, other than the tour groups that pre-arranged the jetboat, were interested. The jetboat pick-up and drop-off will be discontinued from the boat for the 2014 season.

Thanks for your comments. We can't fix our operation and know what guests like and don't like unless we get your feedback.

Best Regards,

Mike Reddecliff

Perth, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Dine on the Okanagan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Visiting friends in Kelowna they chose for my husbands birthday to take us on the dinner cruise on the Okanagan. Captain Mike welcomed us aboard, we chose seats at the bar, and proceeded to enjoy great service form the start. We enjoyed the pamoramic views from the deck while listening to the great live music from the band, the 2 Steve's.
The buffet diinner of either cedar plank salmon or BBQ peach chicken was fabulous.The venue , the weather and the atmosphere was enjoyed by us all and I would recommend this trip to everyone

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mishmash35
Vernon, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoyable dinner on the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The staff were very friendly, the food was delicious. They had great music and it was an enjoyable dinner out on the lake!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank NJK99
Vancouver
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE GREATEST EXPERIENCES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Wow, where do I start... I booked the Lake Lounge a few months ago and was shocked to be able to get a spot ( they are very busy at this time of year)! I booked a dinner cruise for my parents 60th/Retirement Party as a Surprise with 50 of their closest friends. I was able to get on the boat early to decorate ( the theme was Hawaiian), and the staff even stepped in to assist! The staff were all so helpful and very accommodating and flexible! They allowed me to bring on my own cake which they so nicely cut up for us also. The dinner ( two options - Cranberry teriyaki like Salmon and Peach BBQ Chicken), was fantastic. Our guests raved about the chefs wonderful creations inclusive of the many salad options!!! The boat itself is beautiful and really is laid out perfectly. There is plenty of shade/open space on the top deck and lots of table space/eating area on the lower deck. The cruise was beautiful and showcased how incredible the Okanagan really is! I personally booked the entertainer ( vocalist and guitarist) John Noren. He is fantastic and had guests wowed over our Cocktail Reception and filled up the dance floor later on in the night. Mike the Captain was a pleasure to work with but keep in mind, this guy is a VERY busy man!!! If you truly want a memorable experience for a private experience or a public cruise, hands down this is the boat to book!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank anita_findlay
Kelowna, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Boat with dinner cruise on Okanagan Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Boarded the Lake Lounge cruising boat for a very pleasant evening. With the flooding in Alberta, the live entertainment was not available. Being in the 'middle age', at times, we found the recorded music a bit loud and in your face; however, once the cruise hit about midway, the music geared down a bit. Dinner (salmon) was incredibly good with the onboard Chef. Captain and crew very friendly, informative and wanting to please. A worthwhile trip. The Lake - beautiful!

Visited June 2013