“Super fun day!”

$121.35*
Beat the Bottleneck: Summerland Full-Day Wine Tour
Ranked #7 of 69 Food & Drink in Kelowna
More attraction details
Owner description: The premier wine tour company in the Okanagan! Open year round for 1/2 day, full-day, and multi-day wine and culinary experiences. Sit back, relax, and enjoy traveling in luxurious, discreet tour vehicles with knowledgeable wine ambassadors throughout the Valley.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My girlfriend Anny and I had a great time today getting to know the tour guide, Cara and visiting many local wineries. She was very easy going, flexible and informative and made our day extra fun than having just done it ourselves (which would be difficult anyway with all the wine tastings!). It was also quite enjoyable doing this on a beautiful fall day in West Kelowna and we were warm usually being indoors. John & Anny.

Cara M, Owner at Okanagan Wine Country Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Hi John, Thank you so very much for the comments from you and Anny. I had a feeling when I met the two of you that we would hit it off. I have said it before but, it is guests like you and Anny that make my job never seem like work. We will be in touch soon. Thanks again, Cheers, Cara.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

A big group of us girls went on a wine tour and it was fabulous!! Cara was so great and I felt bad for her, trying to wrangle 8 women is not an easy thing. She catered to all our needs and we really enjoyed our day!!

Cara M, Owner at Okanagan Wine Country Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Yes 'Wrangle' works but sometimes I call it 'Herding Kittens'. My job is to make you have the best Okanagan experience possible. Thank you so much for your comments, they mean a lot. Sincerely, Cara.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We will see Cara and Okanogan Wine Country Tours again. We traveled as 3 couples in a very comfortable SUV under the expert care and guidance of Cara. The tour is ours, not preconceived and planned to every detail. Cara knows so much and so many of the wineries and businesses and sites in the valley that we never feel limited to explore - and there is a lot to explore here. We will do tours with Cara and OWCT until we've seen everything and then likely start again. The day is not just a hired driver necessity so that you can enjoy the wines. We come to meet and understand the culture, background, people and of course the fine wines of the valley. Thanks for making the day a true and rich experience!

What can I say....We will see you next year... and the year after and the year after that and so on, and so on....

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a great time with Cara on OWCT. Having never been on a wine tour before I didn't know what to expect and had a lot of questions. Cara did a great job of answering them all in layman's terms and made a special effort to provide examples by selecting appropriate wines for us to try. During our tour we were taken to some quaint wineries which all had an interesting story and very good wine. Cara developed and understanding of our tastes and was able to select appropriate wineries and wines, which really allowed us to make the most of our tour. At the end of the day we parted ways as friends, having drank fabulous wine, eaten some fantastic food and had a great laugh.

Thanks Jamie! We did part ways as friends, I have the best job! Next time you plan to come up to the Okanagan give me a call- I have found some great new places for the two of you to stay. Cheers, Cara.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had the good fortune to meet Cara a couple of years ago, as driver for an amazing Naramata Bench wine tour. We enjoyed her so much, we hired her to escort our small group to an over-the-top wine dinner experience.

Returning to the OK Wine Festival this year, there was no question that Cara would guide our wine tour and chauffeur us to dinner. Cara embodies the definition of hospitality ... personality PLUS, personalized service, great knowledge of wine & the wine industry, ambassador for all-things OK, collaborator. It's no wonder that she is now partner as opposed to employee!!

OK Wine Country Tours is a great way to experience the wine region for the many reasons mentioned above, but also for their choice of SUV's over minibuses. Both times we were a group of 6, so it was really special having our very own vehicle on our terms. For the full day tour (highly recommended), Cara arranges lunch @ a local establishment (Naramata's Heritage Inn highly recommended). This trip, we went back to one of our favourites (Ruby Blues) and took in the OK Falls region for incredible views and very nice tastings. We also made impromptu stops at an art show, an amazing boutique B & B (Benchmark), and finished the day with a stop @ Quality Greens farm market (West Kelowna) for steak & veggie BBQ that night. Thanks Cara, truly a memorable day!!

1  Thank margoloves2travel29
Cara M, Owner at Okanagan Wine Country Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

It was so great to have your group back, I was so happy when I heard you were all coming again. We have made a lot of good friends and love to see them return each year. You can be assured that there will always be a comfy SUV waiting for you next year, we will get you down to Osoyoos the only change will be that my Husband and I are coming to the Mission Hill dinner with you ; )