1,628 results
All reviews smack dab restaurant bedroom villa air hockey games room private beach breakfast buffet lake view off season business trip full kitchen indoor pool front desk staff parking lot hot tub amenities summer patio
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came for a Family Wedding. Some from the coast and the Shuswap.. stayed in the 3 bedroom Villa.. excellent space for 6 of us and even could sleep 8. All the extras, movie theatre, pool area with all the extra activities is awesome. Loved the boardwalk in front along the water and of course being near the water always great. We all enjoyed the stay. Plus being able to make your own meals is always great

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManteoResort, Front Office Manager at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful feedback Jacquie G and for choosing Manteo Resort, we love it when we can check all the boxes of what is important to our guests!

Thank you for choosing Manteo Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days last week. The hotel has a wonderful lake side patio with awesome views of the marina and Lake Okanagan. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurant called Smack Dab. All our meals were very good. Every staff member we encountered was very helpful and polite. Now the bad news. Our room (205) was very small, tired and had a view of the parking lot. Friends of ours, who paid the same rate, had a beautiful room with a great lake view. I would return only if guaranteed a lake view room.

Room tip: Insist on a lake view room.
Trip type: Traveled on business
ManteoResort, Manager at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed June 8, 2019

To add some context, my room was a suite facing the lake on the 4th floor.

The suite was large, clean, relatively modern, and very impressive. The bedroom was large, comfortable, with plenty of closet space. If you prefer using drawers, there was a unit, though somewhat small if you're carrying a lot of clothing.

The main living area had a comfortable couch with a view of the lake, plus a chair, an eating area, and a full kitchen. The appliances were functioning, modern, and perfectly acceptable for an extended stay.

My room also had a somewhat private balcony with ample space to sit outside and watch the goings-on on the lake while I munched on some of the delicious food brought up by room service. There's an on-site restaurant and while the menu is somewhat small, I enjoyed all the food I sampled without fail.

On the downside, my room was right over the restaurant which made for some noisy nights. If I wanted to keep the windows or balcony door open, I had to wait until after 11pm and by 8am, it was noisy again. To be clear, though, with the windows closed, I didn't hear much from the outside.

However, what I did notice is there was quite a bit of noise whenever someone else used the washroom on another floor. (Given I was on the top floor, presumably this was from the person below me.) I could tell whenever they were showering or flushing the toilet. The noise was loud, obvious, and at times annoying. It was not a leak, nor something coming from my own washroom -- I checked twice because of how loud the sound was. Obviously the sound was limited in time since no one used the shower for more than 10 minutes, but still, it was disconcerting given how good the hotel is otherwise.

The only other comment is more of an FYI: Given that I had a full kitchen, I was excited to load up on some groceries. Not every guest has a car -- myself included. The nearest grocery store (according to a map) was a good 20 minute walk, nothing closer. So needless to say I didn't make full use of my kitchen as much as I'd hoped.

Would I stay again, though? Absolutely. The location is beautiful, the hotel is clean, friendly, the rooms are fantastic, and I hope to experience it again some time.

Room tip: If you want quiet, face away from the lake as there's a patio right beneath you if you choose a room facing the lake.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Manteo Resort, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 7, 2019

The hotel grounds are very nice.
The restaurant is top notch with a very nice view of the lake.
The hallways are in need of some love.
The pool was, well, okay.
The room we stayed in was disappointing for the high rate charged.
See my photos. For $350 Cnd dollars we had a lovely view of the parking lot. The comparison view is from our room in Maui for $170 US.
You really need to adjust the pricing on the rooms not facing the lake.

Room tip: Don't stay unless you get a room facing the lake.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2019

This place was better than we expected. The room was large, the location was excellent and the food was very good. We were impressed with the kitchen and the living area. The patio was nice. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManteoResort, Front Office Manager at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Thank you for choosing Manteo Resort, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback!