“Only one night but wow”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Carnarvon, Australia
“Only one night but wow”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed only one night and as many of the places that we went to on our tour over the Rockies we would loved to have stayed longer...beautiful rooms lovely hotel and setting what a magic place. It was our first night stay on our trip and it blew us away it was heaps better than we expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManteoResort, Director of Sales at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and commented with "wow" - that sums up the experience that we strive for our guests to receive during every single stay with us.

We hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again at a future date - hopefully for one than one night as well!

Dana Crichton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My review is for the one-bedroom suite. They also have regular hotel rooms and two-bedroom villas (condos), so be sure to book the proper accomodation type for your needs.

The one-bedroom suite was a true suite and included a full modern kitchen with full-size fridge, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, etc. The living space included a hide-a-bed style couch, HDTV, desk, small dining table and additional dinner seating at a small bar-type counter opposite the kitchen.

The bedroom included a very comfortable king bed (with four pillows of different thicknesses - thank you!) and an HDTV.

The bathroom contained a large tub and shower. The commode was tucked behind a sliding door and was also accessable from the front room via a different door.

The suites faced either Okanagan Lake or the parking lot, so book accordingly.

The setting on the Lake is beautiful, as the property is located on a crescent shaped beach. The view is enchanced by the small mountains directly across the water. There is also a lovely boardwalk that runs along the waterfront along the property.

A highly-rated restaurant, meeting rooms, clubhouse (billiards and ping-pong tables), library, waterslide (summer-only), indoor pool, and indoor hot tub complete the property. There is also a small tasteful playground for the wee ones.

My corporate rate for the one bedroom suite was $130, which I thought was an excellent deal for a location like this. This property would best appeal to middle-of-the-road travellers who don't wan't to pay waaaaaaaaaay higher prices for lodging that is only a slight improvement on this property, and who don't wan't to find themselves in a dump because they tried to pinch too many pennies. For the vast majority of travellers, this is the type of accomodation that will satisfy their needs.

Finally, thanks to Dana for her valuable assistance during my stay.

Room Tip: Not all accomodations face Okanagan Lake, so decide if that's important to you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ManteoResort, Director of Sales at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Looking at your profile, it is noted that you have stayed in a number of places and have provided a number of reviews - your opinion is greatly valued as you have a diverse listing of properties that you have stayed at and obviously have a standard level of service that you look to have achieved during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us - we are happy that you enjoyed your visit and were able to take in a lot of the amenities that we have to offer. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Kelowna & Manteo Resort again soon.

White Rock, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Upon arrival I was happy with the location the view was nice and the suit although a bit run down was nice. Unfortunately that is where the niceness ends. I am still blown away at how badly we were treated. We stayed in a two bedroom villa that cost over $300 a night. I am not a clean freak but while I was helping my toddler onto the toilet I noticed a pile of black hair around the toilet and a very noticeable smear of dirt on the base of the toilet. I took a closer look at the other bathrooms and was grossed out at the unsanitary conditions. I polity mentioned this to the housekeeping manager and she was very nice and apologetic. I didn't ask for anything I just wanted her assurance that when we got back the room would be sanitized properly. We got back late and I went to the bathroom and the same pile of hair was still on the floor the toilet was still dirty and the other bathrooms were no better. I very polity asked the housekeeping manager to come and see what a poor job her staff had done. She was apologetic again and said there would be a new team cleaning for me. I still didn't ask for any compensation but when I came back to the room again and found it STILL NOT CLEAN I was not happy. I phoned again and asked her to come and have a look at the hair on the toilets. She came right away and stood over the team as they cleaned. Still being polite but not happy I finally asked to be compensated and was told she would look into it. Days passed and I finally phoned the Hotel manager, to no avail I left messages daily with no call back. I finally phoned the front desk to see what was the delay and I was told that they were aware of the situation. NO apologies, NO compensation. I am outraged. I will never stay at this resort again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Emerald F
Dear Guest,

I believe that you have previously discussed your concerns with our General Manager, as well as our Housekeeping Manager during your stay with us. It was our understanding that the situation was resolved while you were here - we pride ourselves in providing a high level of cleanliness & service to all our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Heather Schroeter directly.

We hope that you will consider providing us another opportunity on your next visit to Kelowna.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have not stayed at the Manteo as a guest but I have eaten at the Wild Apple (their restaurant) numerous times, I have visited friends that have stayed there and I have been a guest at a wedding and an attendee at a conference. This is written from a wedding guest point of view. A point of view I think you most definitely should consider before booking a wedding or a conference here.
In a nutshell, ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING WHATSOEVER and diluted (expensive!) alcoholic beverages.

Parking: I am certain that some event planner or front desk coordinator will tell you that there is municipal/city parking down the road, BEWARE,......read the fine print!!!!
I will not say this information is factual but I will give you the "guesstimates." This property has probably 100 hotel rooms, 20+ condos, a restaurant, a lounge, a conference room and a lovely outdoor area for weddings - and MAYBE 70 parking spots. You do the math. They will guarantee the bride and groom ONE parking spot and ZERO FOR GUESTS!!! And, don't make the mistake of parking there for a moment. I parked, dropped some stuff off and went outside,...parking ticket!!!! And not just your average City of Kelowna $10 parking ticket. They have their own parking people and their parking tickets are $50!! And if not paid in the first week, you get a bill in the mail for $93!!! WTF? (I do not have the actual ticket anymore but you get my drift)
And, when you go next door to the city parking lot, what they don't tell you is that half of that parking lot is reserved for trucks and trailers of boaters because the boat launch is right there. And guess where the guests of the boaters park? They also don't tell you that the half of the lot that is parking spots is shared amongst all the hotels and restaurants in that area who are also lacking in parking (who also do weddings, conferences, etc). There is also a public beach two blocks away. Guess where they park??
And if you think you can park up the street, off the main strip (Lakeshore), NO GO! The street parking is reserved for residents only!! Many attendees of the wedding showed up crazy late because, after driving around for, I am sure, seemed like hours, they went back to where they lived or stayed and caught a cab!!! HUGE inconvenience!!!

Liquor: During the wedding, I sat with 7 other guests, 2 of which were light drinkers. We drank before the ceremony, during the ceremony, during the lull time before the reception and during the reception. With very little food to hold us over for the day and the hot beating sun, we all should have been inebriated - especially the lady who sat with us who just had a baby and had not had a drink in a year! Nothing!! One of the guys brought this up at our table at the beginning of the evening. We dismissed him immediately and laughed about such an accusation. Mid-evening, we all began to wonder. Still no buzz! That same gentleman decided to approach the bartender and ask. Five minutes later, the Banquet Manager showed up with a rather guilty look on his face,brought a fresh bottle of booze from the back, and began pouring. Needless to say, we all left with a bit of a buzz by the end of the night. Now I cannot say that I can prove this for a fact but, I am saying that, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck,......you get my point.

To be fair,..I will give this property some merit. The location is lovely. There is a view of the lake and a lovely boardwalk. The food was also good and the service was good. I have always said in the past that good service will surpass any other fault that a location may have. This might be my one exception.
I would definitely NOT recommend this as a location for a large event but I would if you were from out of town and looking for a lovely place to stay, with great food and a good location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank missday76
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

You are correct in that parking in the Mission area of Kelowna is a bit of a challenge; however, I can assure you that we do have parking spaces available for all guestrooms. Parking is complimentary for all guests; therefore, we do use the service of a company to monitor our parking. Signs are posted that permits are required and parking is reserved for hotel guests. When we do have larger events, we do have overflow parking options available and as you have noted, we make sure that the Bride & Groom do have reserved spots available to them.

We have a high level of service that we provide in the hotel, including our food & beverage. Please feel free to send me a direct email in regards to your specific concern with your experience during the wedding and I would be happy to discuss with you further. My email address is dana@manteo.com.

We hope that we will see you at the hotel again at a future date - we have some exciting new changes in the New Year and expect that the hotel & restaurant will continue to be a popular location for locals & out of town guests.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Attended business conference and would recommend this resort for business or pleasure. Enjoyed all aspects of my visit. Understand goal for resort is to exceed gold standard of service. I asked many questions, made a few odd requests too; found every one was answered more than satisfactorily. Bed very comfortable, colleagues agreed; food for me was excellent, colleagues very good to excellent. Very friendly respectful staff!!

Give Manteo a visit...I know I'm going back for pleasure asap.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

I love to read reviews that talks about our amazing staff - we pride ourselves in this level of service and are happy to see that we did not disappoint. Manteo Resort does strive to be a gold level service and we work hard to ensure that these levels are met for every single guest in the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to pass this along to future guests looking to stay with us!

We hope to see you back at the hotel again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We only stayed one night but room was spacious, clean and quiet. Enjoyed a very tasty lunch at WildApple Restaurant on site. All staff were gracious and helpful. Enjoyed a long morning walk on the Mission Trail before checking out.

Room Tip: We had a room on top floor (4th). Lower floors may have some noise from parking lot. Lake view roo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the hotel and the Wild Apple Restaurant & Lounge. By the sounds of it, you had a bit of time to see some of the scenery around the Resort, including beautiful Okanagan Lake and the Mission Greenway. We hope that you have an opportunity to return again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Manteo this past weekend. Even though the weather was not fully cooperative, the warm staff, the incredible room and delectable food made for a wonderful experience! The view of the lake from our one-bedroom suite was amazing. Room service was fast and reliable. Our room seemed to be cleaned in a little bit of a rush and noise from adjacent rooms was quite audible. However, our weekend as a whole surpassed our expectations and we were sad to leave. We'll be back especially for the food at the Wild Apple! Kudos to the chef and kitchen staff on making every meal a gastronomic delight!

Alanna & Alain

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alanna & Alain,

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Chef Bernard & his culinary team about the gastronomic delight that you experienced in the Wild Apple Restaurant & Lounge! We have some exciting changes taking place within our restaurant in the New Year - we are sure that you will be delighted with the future changes... watch our website for information.

We hope that we see you back at the hotel again soon!

Dana Crichton, Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelowna
Central City
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#5 of 34 in Kelowna
The Cove Lakeside Resort
#1 of 5 in West Kelowna

Been to Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!