I have not stayed at the Manteo as a guest but I have eaten at the Wild Apple (their restaurant) numerous times, I have visited friends that have stayed there and I have been a guest at a wedding and an attendee at a conference. This is written from a wedding guest point of view. A point of view I think you most definitely should consider before booking a wedding or a conference here.
In a nutshell, ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING WHATSOEVER and diluted (expensive!) alcoholic beverages.
Parking: I am certain that some event planner or front desk coordinator will tell you that there is municipal/city parking down the road, BEWARE,......read the fine print!!!!
I will not say this information is factual but I will give you the "guesstimates." This property has probably 100 hotel rooms, 20+ condos, a restaurant, a lounge, a conference room and a lovely outdoor area for weddings - and MAYBE 70 parking spots. You do the math. They will guarantee the bride and groom ONE parking spot and ZERO FOR GUESTS!!! And, don't make the mistake of parking there for a moment. I parked, dropped some stuff off and went outside,...parking ticket!!!! And not just your average City of Kelowna $10 parking ticket. They have their own parking people and their parking tickets are $50!! And if not paid in the first week, you get a bill in the mail for $93!!! WTF? (I do not have the actual ticket anymore but you get my drift)
And, when you go next door to the city parking lot, what they don't tell you is that half of that parking lot is reserved for trucks and trailers of boaters because the boat launch is right there. And guess where the guests of the boaters park? They also don't tell you that the half of the lot that is parking spots is shared amongst all the hotels and restaurants in that area who are also lacking in parking (who also do weddings, conferences, etc). There is also a public beach two blocks away. Guess where they park??
And if you think you can park up the street, off the main strip (Lakeshore), NO GO! The street parking is reserved for residents only!! Many attendees of the wedding showed up crazy late because, after driving around for, I am sure, seemed like hours, they went back to where they lived or stayed and caught a cab!!! HUGE inconvenience!!!
Liquor: During the wedding, I sat with 7 other guests, 2 of which were light drinkers. We drank before the ceremony, during the ceremony, during the lull time before the reception and during the reception. With very little food to hold us over for the day and the hot beating sun, we all should have been inebriated - especially the lady who sat with us who just had a baby and had not had a drink in a year! Nothing!! One of the guys brought this up at our table at the beginning of the evening. We dismissed him immediately and laughed about such an accusation. Mid-evening, we all began to wonder. Still no buzz! That same gentleman decided to approach the bartender and ask. Five minutes later, the Banquet Manager showed up with a rather guilty look on his face,brought a fresh bottle of booze from the back, and began pouring. Needless to say, we all left with a bit of a buzz by the end of the night. Now I cannot say that I can prove this for a fact but, I am saying that, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck,......you get my point.
To be fair,..I will give this property some merit. The location is lovely. There is a view of the lake and a lovely boardwalk. The food was also good and the service was good. I have always said in the past that good service will surpass any other fault that a location may have. This might be my one exception.
I would definitely NOT recommend this as a location for a large event but I would if you were from out of town and looking for a lovely place to stay, with great food and a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kelowna’s Manteo Resort is beautifully located on the shores of Okanagan Lake, only minutes from downtown, championship golf courses, estate wineries, and ski hills. At Manteo, amenities are plentiful with indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs, kids water park, saunas, movie theatre, fitness center, tennis court, 9-hole putting green, playground, private beach and boat moorage. Accommodations are superb and provide the highest standards of comfort in spacious Deluxe Guestrooms, Premium One Bedroom Suites and in private Two & Three Bedroom Villas, located only steps from the lake.Our 102 unit full service resort features waterfront meeting & conference facilities, ideal for groups up to 200. Meeting & event facilities are perfect for meetings, retreats and banquets. The Waterfront Ballroom will accommodate up to 200 people and is divisible into three separate rooms to accommodate smaller meetings and breakout sessions. All facilities have a lakeview, with floor to ceiling windows in each room, which offers an elegant, yet comfortable setting to relax and enjoy.Manteo’s Clubhouse is located only a short walk from the main hotel. From casual to elegant, our Library and Upper Lounge are ideal for private receptions, meetings and events for up to 100 guests. The facilities include a pool table, big screen television, bar service area and a large outdoor patio with breathtaking views of Okanagan Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel And Villas
- Manteo Hotel Waterfront
- Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas Kelowna, Okanagan Valley