“Clean and good value”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Duncan, Canada
“Clean and good value”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Stayed at this hotel based on price, location and it's Wyndham rewards partnership. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice the rooms were and how clean everything was kept. The price was very reasonable for the Okanagan in the summer season; the price included a mini fridge in the room, an semi-enclosed clean outdoor pool and hot tub area with tables and chairs surrounding; a free continental breakfast. I stayed at a much more expensive hotel during this trip and didn't get a free breakfast or a little fridge for the money. Though it is not 'downtown' it is right on the main highway just on the north edge of town near a large shopping plaza complex that includes lots of restaurants and it is easy to get down to the waterfront.
The only drawbacks were: no elevator, though it is only 2 stories; the open walkway outside the room got a little noisy when people were walking by talking at 2 am; the only window in the room faced towards the walkway so I had to use the A/C even though it wasn't necessary as I felt more secure not having the window open at night and the room faced the pool so it got noisy when a group of kids were playing in it (this would be a nice touch for parents who can go back and forth to the room and still watch their children).
However, the grounds were very clean, the staff were very friendly and the manager was very nice and cared about his establishment. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We like the service we did received they went out of there way to find us a room .
The warm welcome and fast service to get our room was great. Any question we had were answer to our satisfaction The room was very clean and welcoming. Everything work. The location was easy to find very inviting we like the desing of the Super8 very warm & clean. We are proud to said that they are Eco friendly Green. Everything is close to the Super8
( restaurent -mall- movie theather- gaz station ) The continental breakfast is big and appealing. All the staff made us feel welcome.

They only need more parking stall.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2010

The service here was ok, but forgetable. I liked the rooms, they were good, but the location was near a busy road and not near the centre of Kelowna, so not ideal. I walked a fair way to find a shopping centre where I could get some food. Based on the location I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel. However, it had a swimming pool and jacuzzi which were open till 10pm - the staff let us stay a little longer aswell before politely closing up. The breakfast was also fine but forgetable. Overall I would recommend the hotel because the quality of the facilities was good.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Super 8 Kelowna
2592 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna, British Columbia V1X 4J4, Canada

Stayed for one night during month of February for a stay for early morning flight home the following morning. Great location as it was easy to find on the main road. I was exactly halfway point between airport and downtown location.
Very close to main mall, food stores and eating places. Motel at the front desk had a fast and efficient check in process. Plenty of great parking on this property to accommodate all rooms. I had a spot just outside my door of my room. Room on entry had a very clean smell and was very spacious. With good size tv and bed and bathroom. Very clean floor and the heating was very hot. It was close to the pool, even though it was closed and month of February. Still good.
Room had a nice mini fridge to which I was able to fill it up with milk and beer. It was overall a great experience and would highly recommend staying at this little motel in the city of Kelowna.
I like this place as it was very convenient and won’t break the bank.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We needed a place to stay before flying out the next morning, and this one was fine. We paid $99 with our CAA discount. We ended up in the "handicapped" room, and this was also fine (also interesting to me because I sometimes travel with my sister who is in a wheelchair), but it (Rm 101) has to be the noisiest room in the place because it is right next to the office doors.
Some Super 8s only have muffins and juice and coffee for their breakfast, but this one had cereals and fruit, too.
The desk staff were very friendly, and if they end up getting my "Wyndham program" info into their computer after my request, I'll call them really competent, too.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Northern BC
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We had a room right across from the pool. The kids had a blast in the pool and we enjoyed being able to sit outside the room near the pool ( but within full view of the room) and enjoy a glass of wine while they were sleeping. The hotel even provided the wine glasses and opener. Service was friendly and helpful. Breakfast area was very well equipped and plenty of room. Also great, healthy selection of breakfast foods.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family. Our room was moderately-sized. The bathroom was clean and all plumbing fixtures worked. Our A/C kept the room thoroughly chilled in the summer heat. Free wifi in the room was a plus. The breakfasts were acceptable and unremarkable. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful in recommendations for sights to see.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple