“The place could use some updating”

Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Nanton, Canada
“The place could use some updating”
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We spent three nights in the hotel in the 'tower' on the second floor. At 139$ per night it was pricy for what we got. The room was clean enough but the bathroom definitely needed some updating. Walls were thin and we could hear our neighbors throughout the night. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling above the shower and the fan was noisy to say the least. Food in the Perkins restaurant was adequate at best and the pub no better since the food came from the same kitchen. Staff at the front desk was helpful and cheerful.
The workout room and pool definitely needed updating. Both were dingy and worn looking.

I think next time we visit Kelowna we will use a different Hotel or maybe just pass on through.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Value for my money was not there...next time I will try a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2007
1 Thank mtnbikr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I would have been prepared to give this place a great write up however..... Stayed here for one night on a group tour, property is located opposite a shopping centre, near a Dennys, White Spot etc Actual room on the 2nd floor was very comfortable and i'd even go as far to say luxurious to my surprise, bathroom was clean with above average amenities and i was very happy until..... That night the neighbours above me threw a party, I could hear every word!!!! The insulation in this place must be paper thin! I could also hear my neighbours on each side of me.

Staff were friendly but if i'm ever here again i think i'll be looking for a place where i don't hear the neighbours!

• Liked — The friendly atmosphere, Decent Rooms, Nice Amenities
  • Disliked — Paper Thin Walls!!!
  • Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Harvsman
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Returning from the Canadian Rocky Mountains to Seattle, we stayed one night at the Ramada Lodge Hotel.

The room was perfeclty acceptable, well maintained and spacious (I am surprised to read in a recent review on this website about the same hotel that other visitors had to note carpets which were worn out - we clearly had a fairly modern room), the bathroom was modern and ok as well.

The lobby of the hotel is a bit old , but for us this did not matter.

The drawback is that the hotel does not serve breakfast. There is a restaurant in the same building where you can get a (bad) breakfast. Our suggestion is that you get coffee/breakfast at one of the places nearby).

Otherwise, for a family of four a good deal (we paid 125 Canadian dollars by booking through the website: ---.

We would probably not stay for several days in Kelowna (we did not like the town which is nothing more than an important transit point for traffic to and from the Rocky Mountains), but recommend the Ramada Lodge Hotel to people (like us) who have to stay a night on their way to other places.

• Liked — Good room
  • Disliked — no breakfast served
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Europeantraveler74
Sunshine Coast.
Reviewed August 9, 2007

We spent three nights in this hotel/motel.

It was pricey for what we got. $138 + taxes per night.

Old worn carpets, dark room, noisey fan in the bathroom.

Beds were comfortable. There were 2 doors one to the hallway and one to the parking lot! It was actually very convenient!

No breakfast. For the same price I'll book further in advance and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It has a breakfast and the rooms are newer.

• Liked — free internet
  • Disliked — its run down
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Calgary, AB
Reviewed October 9, 2006

There was a few things we were disappointed with at the Ramada. We stayed at the Ramada for 5 nights during the Fall Wine Festival. I would first like to say that we stayed there for free on trip rewards points just so you know that we travel a lot. On the second morning we were there we got woken up by the house keeping staff at 8:45 when she tried to get into our room. We then left at 11:00am for the day and returned at 9:00pm. Our room hadn't been done. There was a message from the house keeping staff saying that we had a "do not disturb" sign on our door. The sign was NOT there. I then phone the front desk to explain what had happened and the clerk was rude and said "well, what do you want us to do" in a rude tone. I just wanted a couple towels so we could shower in the morning. The next day I talked to the house keeping staff and they apologized. On the fourth day, they cleaned our room but forgot to leave us some towels again. When we asked the house keeping staff for towels the lady was not too nice. I felt like I was bothering them with my request. We are very nice people, we don't raise out voice when we have a problem and we couldn't believe how rude we were treated.
We were on the 2nd floor and the hallway smelled really bad. The air vent close to our room had black plume all around it and on the ceiling. Our room didn't smell though.
We will not stay at the Ramada again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Savoie
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed June 29, 2006

I had the occasion to stay at the Ramada for a few days last week on business. I was pleasantly surprised given the low rating on Trip Advisor. The room was very spacious and came with 2 queen beds. The bathroom was much larger than most of the hotels i have stayed in. There was a lovely indoor pool with a hot tub, not that I used it and a small but functional exercise room. I did not eat at the restaurant however I did eat at the pub. Excellent food at very good prices and a great patio that was quiet and peaceful to enjoy my meal. I would have like to have a fridge in the room but I did not request one so perhaps if I had thye would have brought one up. Very conveniently located across the street from the Orchard Park Mall that suited my female associates just fine. We were within walking distance of many restaurants, pubs and shops. I would likely have driven to the lake had I planned on going there as it was about a 10 minute drive away. All in all I thought the hotel was as good as the others I have stayed at in Kelowna.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank heartsmartass
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 2, 2004

I was very impressed with the Ramada Lodge Hotel in Kelowna just upon calling for a reservation. I was calling around Kelowna to inquire about suites for a special night away. Upon check-in, the front desk staff were all nice in appearance and very helpful. The Manhatten suite in which we stayed was very nice and spacious too. I would definately recommend this hotel. Overall, it was the memorable experience I wanted.

• Stayed November 2004