“Good room”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Brussels, Belgium
“Good room”
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Returning from the Canadian Rocky Mountains to Seattle, we stayed one night at the Ramada Lodge Hotel.

The room was perfeclty acceptable, well maintained and spacious (I am surprised to read in a recent review on this website about the same hotel that other visitors had to note carpets which were worn out - we clearly had a fairly modern room), the bathroom was modern and ok as well.

The lobby of the hotel is a bit old , but for us this did not matter.

The drawback is that the hotel does not serve breakfast. There is a restaurant in the same building where you can get a (bad) breakfast. Our suggestion is that you get coffee/breakfast at one of the places nearby).

Otherwise, for a family of four a good deal (we paid 125 Canadian dollars by booking through the website: ---.

We would probably not stay for several days in Kelowna (we did not like the town which is nothing more than an important transit point for traffic to and from the Rocky Mountains), but recommend the Ramada Lodge Hotel to people (like us) who have to stay a night on their way to other places.

• Liked — Good room
  • Disliked — no breakfast served
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Europeantraveler74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sunshine Coast.
Reviewed August 9, 2007

We spent three nights in this hotel/motel.

It was pricey for what we got. $138 + taxes per night.

Old worn carpets, dark room, noisey fan in the bathroom.

Beds were comfortable. There were 2 doors one to the hallway and one to the parking lot! It was actually very convenient!

No breakfast. For the same price I'll book further in advance and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It has a breakfast and the rooms are newer.

• Liked — free internet
  • Disliked — its run down
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, AB
Reviewed October 9, 2006

There was a few things we were disappointed with at the Ramada. We stayed at the Ramada for 5 nights during the Fall Wine Festival. I would first like to say that we stayed there for free on trip rewards points just so you know that we travel a lot. On the second morning we were there we got woken up by the house keeping staff at 8:45 when she tried to get into our room. We then left at 11:00am for the day and returned at 9:00pm. Our room hadn't been done. There was a message from the house keeping staff saying that we had a "do not disturb" sign on our door. The sign was NOT there. I then phone the front desk to explain what had happened and the clerk was rude and said "well, what do you want us to do" in a rude tone. I just wanted a couple towels so we could shower in the morning. The next day I talked to the house keeping staff and they apologized. On the fourth day, they cleaned our room but forgot to leave us some towels again. When we asked the house keeping staff for towels the lady was not too nice. I felt like I was bothering them with my request. We are very nice people, we don't raise out voice when we have a problem and we couldn't believe how rude we were treated.
We were on the 2nd floor and the hallway smelled really bad. The air vent close to our room had black plume all around it and on the ceiling. Our room didn't smell though.
We will not stay at the Ramada again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Savoie
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed June 29, 2006

I had the occasion to stay at the Ramada for a few days last week on business. I was pleasantly surprised given the low rating on Trip Advisor. The room was very spacious and came with 2 queen beds. The bathroom was much larger than most of the hotels i have stayed in. There was a lovely indoor pool with a hot tub, not that I used it and a small but functional exercise room. I did not eat at the restaurant however I did eat at the pub. Excellent food at very good prices and a great patio that was quiet and peaceful to enjoy my meal. I would have like to have a fridge in the room but I did not request one so perhaps if I had thye would have brought one up. Very conveniently located across the street from the Orchard Park Mall that suited my female associates just fine. We were within walking distance of many restaurants, pubs and shops. I would likely have driven to the lake had I planned on going there as it was about a 10 minute drive away. All in all I thought the hotel was as good as the others I have stayed at in Kelowna.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank heartsmartass
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 2, 2004

I was very impressed with the Ramada Lodge Hotel in Kelowna just upon calling for a reservation. I was calling around Kelowna to inquire about suites for a special night away. Upon check-in, the front desk staff were all nice in appearance and very helpful. The Manhatten suite in which we stayed was very nice and spacious too. I would definately recommend this hotel. Overall, it was the memorable experience I wanted.

• Stayed November 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2004

As a frequent hotel/motel user, I’m giving Kelowna’s Ramada Lodge a 3 out of 5. Perhaps in the context of Kelowna it may rate higher, but given a wider geographical scope, it’s just not there.

My “special” rate was $143 and for that I received a large room. The bed was comfy, the carpet seems new, the TV is a reasonable size, and the furniture dates to the late ‘80’s. Don’t plan on a relaxing warm bath because the noisy bathroom fan and stays on whenever the light is on. A bath in the dark will hide the fact that the room could use a coat of paint and some new wallpaper.

The living room’s heater/air conditioner works well though it’s a tad on the noisy side. The table and lighting for computer / paper work is adequate though the rooms lack high-speed internet access.

The Ramada’s dingy fitness centre needs a water cooler, free weights and electricity to the elliptical machine. Otherwise, there is an operational treadmill, a large resistance contraption, and a small TV.

The hotel includes Perkins, which is a good family restauraunt, a popular pub and a cold beer and wine store.

The Ramada is located a short walk from an inspirational linear park; the Mission Creek Greenway. This beautifully treed park is a favorite with pedestrians and cyclists, stretching several kilometres in either direction bordering Mission Creek.

There are several reasonable hotel choices in Kelowna including the Holiday Inn Express and the Best Western. As for the Grand Okanagan Resort, it has a terrific downtown lakeside location, but the room prices are anything but reasonable!

Aside for a good location, across the street from the BC interior’s largest shopping mall, the Ramada’s greatest strength is the interested and engaged staff.

11 Thank Maestro
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2003

Were upgraded upon arrival from standard queen to suite. However, it was smoking, and non-smoking was specified when we booked online. The check in clerk made every effort to switch this, even though the hotel was booked solid. We ended up with a nice clean 1 bdr suite on the back of the hotel (quieter side). 2 TVs in room with Nintendo & Internet access ($9.95!) Unfortunately, no fridges in rooms. Free Parking.

24 hour restaurant (like a Denny's) -- food okay, service good. Pub on site better (trivia, sports tv, etc.). Kids & smokers on patio only.
Indoor pool looked good (didn't have time), and exercise area had weights, stair & treadmill. Lots of restaurants & big mall nearby (walking distance).

Not very close to the beach, but a good multipurpose hotel. We got a good online rate for a standard Qn, but was a great rate for a 1 bdr.

4 Thank Point2point