“Good Location”

Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
“Good Location”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Good location right across the street from Orchard Plaza Mall. Lots of free parking including RV's and trailers. Our room was good, the loft was neat ! Also a restaurant, beer & wine store and pub on site. The pub also has a nice big patio with hanging baskets, I recommend the steak sandwich. We also liked the pool and gym.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
vancouver
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This trip to the Okanagan we took our two poodles and got a pet room on the main floor. It was well appointed and had hard wood floors (very clean) . It was very convenient to go directly outside from the room to the parking area to take them for a walk, we didn' t have to do thru the lobby when they wanted to go out in the middle of the night.

Last time we stayed in a loft room without our dogs, so both times they had what we have wanted in a type of a room.

The front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VancouverCraig
Alberta
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Stayed here with my husband as he was in town for work. I left before him and decided to book the shuttle to the airport rather than bother him to drive me. Called the front desk around 9 in the evening to arrange the shuttle for the following late morning, they said it should be good to go but to call in the morning and confirm. I called in the morning and everything was good to go. I get my ride to the airport and the shuttle driver charged me for the ride! At absolutely no time did either front desk staff from that morning or the previous evening relay to me that this was not a free shuttle service. I called the hotel once I got home to question this and they confirmed that they do not provide this service but couldn't comment on why they didn't inform me nor did they apologize for the inconvenience. I don't like this lack of customer service and won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We made a reservation as we were going to Kelowna to meet a youth we are planning to adopt. The social workers changed the date of the meeting and the hotel wouldn't change our reservation or refund our money even though we cancelled ahead of time. It was for 5 of us for a thee night stay so it was a lot of money that they refused to return. They could have at least let us change the dates but there was no give on their part at all. I'm disgusted.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
I would like to clarify some information regarding this review. The reviewer booked a deeply dicounted rate that was non cancellable and non changeable. This is made very clear during the online reservation process. The infexibility is the tradeoff for the discount.
If a regular booking is made at the best available rate, we have no issues taking cancellations or changes up to 24 hours prior to arrival date.
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Stayed here on business. Chose this hotel because of proximity to the Mall (right across the street) and White Spot (again, just across the street).

They are refurbishing the rooms and mine had recently been done. New carpets (very nice soft ones!) and recently upgraded sinks. It does not look like the tub or toilet are new, however. The room was clean – which says a lot as I have very high standards in that regard. The tiles in the bathtub/shower tiles were very dated but in decent repair. On the matter of cleanliness, take the elevator. The stairway was so dirty it made me queasy.

I was worried that noise was going to be an issue as my room was on the second floor and there was some kind of event going on the ballrooms below. Turned out to be very quiet and I slept surprising well.

My room overlooked a parking lot which was shared with a nearby pub/bar. For this reason, I personally wouldn’t bring kids here. Also, the pool is very small but appeared clean. Same with the hot tub.

There is a Perkins restaurant attached and the service and prices there were good for breakfast. Given how close the White Spot was, that seemed the better option for dinner.

There is a Fairfield and a Sandman very close by and when next in Kelowna for business, I’ll likely stay at one of those two hotels. That being said, there was nothing at all wrong with the Ramada and if you get a super great rate, it would be a fine choice. Certainly would not pay rack rates for this place though.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Reception was pleasant. Shocked to learn that 30mins on their internet was $4 and $7 for 1hr. I paid neither. Lady at night didn't know squat...maybe thought I was from off the street. In the morning, told the reception that I am actually staying in hotel and would like to check in for my flight. She gave me a free 5 min pass to use their internet. Hotel is OK, paid $126 through different website, parking was free. Didn't use the in house restaurant, nor the gym or the hot tub. Not sure why I stayed here...maybe to start collecting Whydham points. I will only stay here again if I am in a pinch. Room was clean nice sheets.

• Stayed October 2009
Reviewed October 7, 2009

There are lots of hotels to choose from in Kelowna but I picked this one as its in my price range for a 3 Star hotel and it's right across the street from the Orchard Park Mall. I also like the food in the Perkins Restaurant. Nice big parking lot too for my truck. This place has everything you need, restaurant, bar, patio, beer & wine store, free wi-fi, swimming pool and gym. I will stay here again. Friendly staff and a comfortable bed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple