“Another Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Vancouver
“Another Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Aug 10 2014 my Wife & I were Guests of The Day. The up-graded room, Loft Suite, was very impressive. The only aspect of the room (352) was that the king size bed [Really Comfy] is on the upper level and the bathroom is on the main level. The next morning when Nova asked how we enjoyed the upgraded room I was quite satisfied however my Wife, although she really appreciated the up-grade, asked if we could have a room that had the bedroom and bathroom on the same level. Nova was on the request in a heart beat and had a room and a baggage cart to our room to facilitate our request. I also wish to extend an expression of gratitude to Jeremy at the front desk on Wed. Aug 13 approx. 12 noon. We were checking out and Jeremy was dealing with a group of 5 or 6 people. As I overheard the conversations, this group seemed to have booked only one large room and then expected to get 2 or 3 rooms at the last minute. I was standing off to the side when Jeremy explained that the group would be patient he would find them the extra rooms they expected while he checked me out. It was better that Jeremy was dealing with these arrogant individuals rather than I, for after listening to their self-centered attitude I would have very cheerfully told them to take their attitude and baggage to down the street to the Sandman or Dilworth. I do hope you extend my appreciation to Nova, Jeremy and the housekeeping staff of the 3rd. & 2nd. floors of the tower. I will also be posting a review on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for your glowing review! I am very proud of our team and the great work that they do.I appreciate you taking the time to post your compliments. I will definitely pass on your praise to all of the individuals involved.
Thank you again and hope to see you back at the Kelowna Ramada again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

They were great for accommodating us! We went to "Boonstock" before kelowna and we ended up showing up before check-in. They knew we were just dirty and tired from camping and they found us a room right away. The room was clean and we were on the ground floor so we also had a back door and parked right in front. The ramada is directly across from the orchard park mall, and they have a pool and hot tub! I'd definitely stay here again! No complaints.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sure you were tired after Boonstock. I heard it was quite an event. While we cannot guarantee a room when you arrive early, my team will do what they can to accommodate your requests. We are happy that we could make your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you back again soon.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Arrived here as part of a large tour group, hot and tired as temperatures were high 80s. Queuing for the lift, I jokingly asked a travel companion to line up a cold beer for me at the bar. Two minutes after putting my bag down in my room, there was a knock on the door. It was the manager bringing two ice cold beers on a tray. When I said that I hadn't ordered them, he said we looked hot and thirsty, he'd overheard my joke and was bringing them for us to enjoy. THAT'S customer service! This would have been a five star review even without this lovely surprise. The hotel is very friendly, with good size, spotlessly clean rooms and bathrooms. Wonderful comfortable beds with super comfy pillows. Super fast free wifi, no nonsense, no silly passwords on scrappy bits of paper. All amenities to make life easier - fridge, coffee maker, kettle, iron, super hairdryer etc. We ate in Mickies pub and had an excellent, very reasonably priced meal. There is a supermarket just across the road for supplies. A super hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! What a fantastic review. Thank you for your positive comments. I agree that we have a wonderful team here at the Kelowna Ramada. I'm glad that we could provide the product and service to make your stay memorable. That is our ultimate goal.
Thank you.
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Located 5 minutes east of downtown on route 97 makes this a great spot, close enough to the center, and far enough to have peace and quiet.

There's plenty pf parking the staff was friendly and efficient, check in was a breeze. Our room was large and clean with a separate restroom and sink area. Your typical chain hotel.
Hint:
A room facing the parking lot will be a bit quieter that on the main road, but it's probably not much of an issue. Decent on site restaurant and outside pub type eatery as well..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your glowing review. We are situated on Highway 97 in the center of town and this makes an ideal location with easy access. None of our guest rooms face the highway, so highway noise is seldom a factor.
I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy Mickies Patio during your stay. It is one of the nicest patios in the city and the flowers are all in full bloom at the moment. (and the food is fantastic)
Thank you again for your comments.
Timmins
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Ramada was in a very good location close to restaurants & shopping. Overall we were very happy with our choice of hotel and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your kind comments. Our excellent location, spacious rooms, indoor pool, outdoor tanning area and on site Perkins Restaurant and Bakery makes us quite popular with families. We are happy that you chose Ramada and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Check-in at the hotel was very efficent by the young gentleman on the front desk, who was also very accommodating and excellent in giving directions for driivng to some of my destinations. Our room was clean, quiet and the A/C worked well.The housekeeping staff were excellent. Located right across from the Orchard Park Shopping Centre was a bonus for my wife;.she was able to walk ro the Mall while I was working.
For us, the fifteen minute drive to a U-pick orchard where I picked some delicious cherries, or to some of the fine wineries located in Kelowna was very convenient too.
We will be going to Kelowna in the near future and will definitely book at the Ramada Kelowna again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive review. I agree that our location is very central to shopping , theaters, and a variety of restaurants. I also agree with your assessment of the staff, I am proud to work with a top notch team. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Although cherry season has passed, peaches and apricots are now coming in to season if you are returning soon. Apples will be ready in September if you would like to come back later. And, of course, it is always wine season! We look forward to your return.