“The room was clean and very nice, we always stay at the...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre

Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Fruitvale
“The room was clean and very nice, we always stay at the...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The room was clean and very nice, we always stay at the Ramada and will be back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ryan C, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write in a review of your stay with us here at the Ramada Hotel in kelowna. Your feedback is always appreciated as it helps us to strive for excellence! We hope to see you back in kelowna soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is within the reasonable range. Its not dated, its not super uber new, but it fits the bill for most folks. The rooms and decor are somewhat up to to date, there is a pool that the younger set would like, a smallish work out room, a Perkins restaurant and a pub on site. Location wise it is right across the street from a reasonably sized mall, and there are several chain restaurants right beside the place.

The staff were friendly and helpful from my interactions with them. The other plus, which you don't realized till yo have it, is some rooms, like mine, have a door that goes out to the parking lot, so you can park you car and be right by your room (handy when you have boxes and whatnot to lug in and out).

Overall, a reasonable place to stay with what seems to be a handy location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ryan C, Front Office Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Cant give any more than 3 points. Hotel is generally a little old and in need of a refurbishment. Carpets very worn, noisy air con etc etc. They also overcharged me which I didnt notice till I got home - although a quick phone call sorted out the problem with no quibbles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

So this is a 3 star... ok... maybe... This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Once last year with just my hubby and myself and once this summer with our family trip 2 adults and 2 teenage boys.

We booked with Hotwire and yes the cost was lower than a walk in, however I still wan't impressed. When you book with hotwire you don't know the hotel till its booked. If I had known I would not have stayed here.
We were on the gound floor rm 108 backing onto the inner courtyard. We were there during the week. so no issues with noise. However the airconditioner was total CRAP! It was clunking, rattatilng and making so much noise it was impossible to sleep.. I swear it was almost shaking in the wall. HORRIBLE! I think I got 2 hours sleep if I was lucky.. (seems to be a theme with other reviewers as well! )

It has a little fridge in the room.. not very cold and no freezer in it.. so forget about re- freezing your ice packs or water bottles for the cooler.

I was not that impressed with the hotel the first time around and even less so this time.... the room was ok.. but not overly large.. we paid $ 167.00 all in after taxes and the hotwire fee... so I don't feel that this room was worth it.. we went across the street the next night and stayed at the Dillworth... got a larger room for almost $45.00 less... Doesn't sound like a big deal .. but it all ads up.. thats a lunch or dinner out if your on a budget.. and no breakfast at all was offered.. even at a budget hotel.. toast and cold cereal will save you $20.00 at Micky D's.

If your a family on a budget on a beach holiday.... go else where.. nothing special here.... and was on the same level as budget hotels ... without the added benifit of actually being a budget deal!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your first trip to the Kelowna Ramada. I apologize for the problems that you experienced on your second visit. Now that we have been made aware of the problem, our maintenance team will check that unit to ensure that it is functioning as it should.
We have beverage coolers in all of our rooms that do not have freezers. We do have access to freezers in our building, and our front desk agents are more than happy to arrange to have items frozen upon request.
I sincerely hope that we do see you again at the Kelowna Ramada Hotel as I am confident that we have the service and amenities that are far above what you would find in a motel.
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had this hotel listed as one of my top 3 to book with for my friend and I on our recent trip to Kelowna. He happened to use Hotwire for us and I thought we lucked out when our hotel picked was the Ramada. Sadly upon arrival I felt a little deceived by the photos I had seen online. Our room was VERY dated. Granted the bathroom had been updated but we had a dirty carpet and a section of it had a sinkhole underneath it...some rooms on our same floor had hardwood so perhaps they are doing reno's. In any case it was dark, dated and had a few issues. First issue is our key cards never properly worked. We had to reactivate them 4 times in a one day stay. The front desk staff insisted it was because we kept the cards beside our cell phone however I never had my key near my phone and even after it was reactivated I would walk down the hall and then right back to the front desk. Second, our fridge was warm and despite our attempts it never got cold...Third the fitness centre...hmm they had one treadmill from the 90's and one elliptical of the same decade and then a small weight machine that was broken...I wouldn't advertise it as a fitness centre. The equipment is in a bizarre carpeted room with a fireplace and people walk through it to get to the pool...basically when we tried it, a family having a picnic were strolling through with young children and Tupperware with food. Very odd. Staff was very average and the pub onsite was not good - at least for mixed drinks. I didn't have the food so I can't comment.
All and all it was old, our room had a musty smell, and I was unimpressed. I gave it "average" because I suppose if I HAD to stay there I could get through the night...sort of (I barely slept)...but when I head back to Kelowna I will definitely pick another place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Since I do not have your contact information, I would appreciate that you contact me and give me more information so that I may properly follow up some of the items on your review. I can tell by your description the floor you were on, but not the room number. Our head housekeeper has checked every room on that floor and was unable to locate the "sinkhole" that you mentioned. Our website has a picture of the exact room type and floor that you stayed on,as well as pictures of the fitness facility, pool and patio, so I would be interested to know what you found "deceiving" on our website. I'm glad that you enjoyed our new bathroom redesign, as we are quite proud of the new look. The rooms that you noticed with the hardwood floors are rooms that we created as designated pet rooms to cater to our guests who prefer to travel with pets.
Our fitness room has a flat screen TV, treadmill, elliptical and a large 4 station Universal type weight machine. The equipment is inspected monthly by our staff and I checked it myself yesterday. All appears to be good in working order, so I would appreciate you letting me know what you found to be "small and broken" I admit that the carpet in that room is dated and the new flooring is already on site, but not yet installed.Our indoor pool and outdoor lounging area can be accessed via a separate door, or through the fitness facility. I don't find it odd that all types of customers including people with families use the room to access the other facilities the we have to offer here at the Ramada
Again, I appreciate the feedback but I would really appreciate you contacting me so that I can follow up on these issues and address any areas that need attention. My direct line is 250-979-4545. Thank you