“Great kelowna hotel”

Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Vancouver, Canada
“Great kelowna hotel”
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, took excellent care of us. Last minute requests to take a TV outside saved my scheuled presentation.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank kcwatt
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Beach House, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back! Thanks for the compliments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 15, 2012

the location is PERFECT- right across from the lake and seconds aways from the best restaurants and shops. Our room was spotless and the service was really personal and genuine. I travel quite frequently and didnt know what to expect at Prestige Inn- I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: We hada King room- very modern
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank whereisamyb
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Beach House, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for your recommendation. Kelowna has so much to offer visitors year round. I am glad you enjoyed our location and we look forward to welcoming you back.
London, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We chose this hotel in Kelowna because we wanted to be downtown near the waterfront but didn't want to pay the exorbitant rates at the nearby Delta Chelsea. This hotel looks (and smells) like it has been around forever. If you wanted a location for a spy film, this might be a good choice as the lobby is dark, the decor is dark and the characters that hang around in the neighbourhood might raise suspicions.
Despite another review that indicated you could grow root crops in the carpets, our room (305) was clean, newly decorated (flat-screen TV, furniture, mini-fridge) if somewhat small. Being in the heart of downtown at the foot of the bridge to West Kelowna, there was traffic noise and sirens but nothing unbearable. Outdoor parking is available on-site but we were somewhat concerned about the safety of the vehicle given the neighbourhood (homeless shelters and hostels).
Access to downtown and the waterfront is immediate and there are lots of restaurants to choose from within easy walking distance including an excellent breakfast/lunch spot called "The Little Hobo".
If you prefer a hotel with known qualities, there are the usual assortment of chain hotels along Highway 97 but if you prefer a bit of intrigue, try this place out. We negotiated a good rate with the clerk so give that a try if you don't like their rack rates. Trench-coat and fedora optional.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor near the waterfront.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Beach House, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for your entertaining review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities of being downtown with all its lovely dining spots and entertainment.
Kamloops
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have stayed here twice now, mainly because of the central location, the first time was an average stay which left me with no particular comments.
But this time, at check-in the front desk agent was less than pleased and made us feel uncomfortable, we asked for two rooms beside one another and ended up walking into a disaster of a room with left over food and bed sheets everywhere. They ended up giving us a room at the other end of the hallway with a five-dollar coupon to the restaurant downstairs. I myself work in the same industry and am forgiving of such circumstances but the way it was handled left me baffled, I shouldn't have to ask for a clean room if I tell you my room had not been cleaned. Room wasn’t immaculately clean and the bed fell off the bed frame numerous times through the night. All in all, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
My most sincere apologies that your stay with us was below our Prestige Standards. We are always striving to provide our guests with a comfortable and pleasant stay. The General Manager will be specifically addressing your concerns with his team and we hope to welcome you back in the future to a much more enjoyable stay.

Travelers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was in kelowna for business , the location was great, and hotel staff was awesome. I really enjoyed the authentic middle eastern restaurant, the food was fab, it is very rare you get these types of flavoring in food. The service was great. I would book here again for both business and personal use.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We are very thankful that you shared your great experience at the Prestige Inn Kelowna. It was wonderful to pass on your compliments to our entire Team.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stay here quite frequently, likely a dozen or so nights per year as we get a corporate rate and it's convenient location to good restaurants.

Check in is always a mixed bag. Sometimes its fast and they can find our corporate rate, sometimes I'm standing there for 15 minutes waiting which can be frustrating as one would think they can just look at my stay history. My last check in, I had to go up and down 3 times as the key cards wouldn't work which was frustrating. They did, however eventually give me the king suite as I was getting frustrated.

The King Suite was fine, bed was really comfortable, but the flooring was a hand scraped laminate that was separating in needing attention.

The restaurant is good, bar is fine too.

Overall the sleep quality is good, rooms fairly quiet. The main attraction to me is the easy walking distance to good restaurants as I'm usually there on business, and often entertaining clients, or being entertained.

It's not the best value, or the nicest rooms, but the location is superb!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Martini_Man_Van
Thanks you for posting your review. Your loyalty and comments are greatly appreciated. Our team is always looking for ways to improve and are grateful for your observations.
Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Comfortable hotel facing City Park and Lake Okanagan, conveniently located. Rooms well insulated. Fair-size indoor pool (large enough to actually swim), clean whirlpool, exercise room. Welcoming staff. Our room had been renovated with a four-poster bed, dark wood floor and furniture, contemporary art, comfortable leather sofa and chairs, small but functional bathroom. We also had a balcony. Free wi-fi Internet access. Seniors’ rate. Good value for the price. We would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the elevator but nonetheless very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fgingras47
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Beach House, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for your compliments. It is very rewarding to learn that our guests had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.