Prestige Beach House
Accent Inn Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
$144
$110
$173
$155
BestWestern.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
$117
$172
$146
$134
$122
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
$116
$367
$279
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
The Royal Private Residence Club(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
$400
  • Pool
All reviewsthe west coast grilloyster barawesome restaurantcity parkdowntown areawater frontstayed nightsmain floorbusiness tripindoor poollakeharveytrevorloungeproximity
Reviewed September 23, 2007

I booked the Executive Suite in the Prestige Hotel of Kelowna for my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary. My mother was just discharged from hospital after nearly 11 months & this was her first outing. The room
was disheveled, filthy--carpet badly spotted, trash on the floor, torn furniture, curtains coming down, pictures missing or damaged, wall paper coming off, TV's not working, lights burned out/not working, table top dirty, furniture badly worn/wood worn/chair pads dirty & cupboard door smashed in kitchenette. Management agreed to slight reduction in rate. Corporate gave smaller reduction, however the rate was still not reduced to ever half price & over $250 with taxes, which we found unacceptable for the quality of housing--which was a lower standard than any dive I've ever seen in travels around the world. Corporate, after visiting the the room agreed it was in bad shape & would not be used again until remodeled. A few days later, they called back, refusing to give any further reductions, stating others had stayed in the room since & not complained. They tried offering a gift certificate for another property significantly further away & impossible for my parents to get to. Furthermore, the 2nd bedroom is accessed through the 1st room. The room was NOT handicap friendly. Buyer beware! The front desk at the hotel alerted us that many customer's complain & all are told to call the General Manager & Corporate. It appears that most customers do not. When we checked out, there were other unsatisfied customer's as well. Avoid the Prestige Hotel Kelowna! Buyer beware!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank photojenik2
Reviewed September 21, 2007

After staying at another Prestige chain hotel (the one in Salmon Arm was great! And the entire chain is non-smoking), we expected another good experience. Here's what we found:
-charged for doubles when we had single martinis in the lounge
-wait staff stood around and gabbed and didn't offer to bring us another drink
-bathroom had two almost empty t.p. rolls, no refills
-noisy nightclub below our room, which might have been marginally better than heavy highway traffic on the other side of the bldg
-dingy, meandering hallways
-"sketchy" neighbourhood: guy was searching for butts in the parking lot and garbage was blowing around in the wind.
-poor lighting in the room--dingy
-for the price ($219. before taxes/etc) I'd say we were grossly overcharged.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dont_tie_me_down
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed in this hotel because the hotel website boosted a 4.5 star rating and made is sound like it was. I paid $219 per night because it was also close to the Kelowna Dragon boat festival venue site. This was the only positive thing about this place. The hotel elevator was applauing. Our room only had one bath towel each for 2 people. The maid service didn't even make the beds in the morning!!! The light fixture in the bath was half sitting on the light and it was so noisy the friday night we were kept awake until 4am. Not great when you have an 8am race start.
The front desk man upon checkout in the morning could not even crack a smile let alone look me in the face. I would NOT recommend this place. I should have stayed at the Super 8, at least I would have paid for what I got. This place is a 2 star at the most.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank pemby1
Reviewed August 27, 2007

My two children, aged 25 and 16 and I found this to be a comfortable resting place to stay to break up our driving trip from Seattle to Golden, BC. It is rather dark and dated in decor, but we enjoyed its location. The hotel is a very short walk to the lake, and a wonderful family-park alongside. Our dinner was expensive, but good. I do not think this is a four star hotel; it should be rated a three star at the most. The top star of the hotel goes to the young female receptionist who made several phone calls for us from Kelowna, to Vernon, Revelstoke and Golden in search of the latest Harry Potter novel and/or tape at any and all bookstores along our route of travel. She really tried to please us and find the elusive book/tape...but of course it was sold out everywhere! I would recommend this hotel as a one night stop over since that is all we were able to experience. It is clean, comfortable and a great location, just not 4 stars!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sjkSeattle_WA
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We stayed at the Prestige Inn for a weekend in August 2007. It calls itself a four and a half star hotel, but is only a two or three star hotel at the very most. My biggest complaint was the lumpy bed. The mattress was sooo uncomfortable that we woke up repeatedly throughout the night and spent our days feeling tired and stiff! The room smelled musty and the coffee maker was so festy that I didn't dare use it. The only thing good about the hotel was its central location. It is directly across from the lake and park (but watch out for street people), and just a short walk from a lovely selection of downtown restaurants. Unfortunately very few rooms (if any) face the lake, and most look out over a six lane street or a grubby alley. Without a major facelift, we will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple