“Unique, beautiful setting, informal, for all art lovers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Geert Maas Sculpture Gardens Gallery and Studio

Geert Maas Sculpture Gardens Gallery and Studio
Ranked #44 of 122 things to do in Kelowna
More attraction details
Owner description: Wander through the gardens and galleries to enjoy this Dutch artist's bronze sculptures.
British Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Unique, beautiful setting, informal, for all art lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Having spent a lot of time in Kelowna throughout my life, I was looking for something different and unique on my recent trip there - something other than wineries and the lake. Geert Maas Sculpture Gardens was exactly what I was looking for. It's located just east of the Glenmore valley, about 10-15 minutes drive from downtown Kelowna. It's in open farmland area, on a rolling hilltop with striking views. You can spend time roaming around looking at the outdoor sculpture, or inside looking at sculpture and mixed media arts. The art work is in modern/abstract style; however, I believe any art lover would find the art and the grounds interesting. I didn't meet Geert, but his wife was very friendly and informative and showed me and my Grandparents around the gallery. Make sure you leave a donation.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank ash272

Fort McMurray, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Would buy if I had the money...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

I really enjoyed walking around the property and viewing all the amazing pieces of artwork. Very quiet and no other visitors were there at the time. Definitely out of my price range but would buy and place around my property if it was possible. There are smaller pieces available inside for purchase which is what I ended up doing. Go and you won't regret it!

3 Thank w0rld2c
Bolton, CT, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“worth going out of your way for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

Geert Maas is a master sculptor in bronze of both works on an immense scale for a public garden or corporate office park and works on a more intimate scale to put on a table or shelf at home. Just take a peek at his website [--]
To see a large collection of his work in a lovely setting and perhaps meet the artist himself is a treat and well worth making a trip to Kelowna for. When we planned our vacation in BC and the Canadian Rockies, we debated going through Kamloops or Kelowna and are so glad we chose the Kelowna route. Although we generally treat galleries like museums and don't expect to actually purchase anything, we were so taken with his work that we actually bought both a small bronze sculpture and a print.

3 Thank rogers1515