“A fun and informative way to learn history”

Father Pandosy Mission
Ranked #32 of 139 things to do in Kelowna
More attraction details
Owner description: The first non-native settlement in the Okanagan Valley was a mission established on this site in 1859 by Father Pandosy. Take a self-guided tour of the replicated mission buildings and a collection of horse-drawn carriages.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I visited Father Pandosy's Mission for the first time a couple of days ago. I'm a big fan of history, so I loved it. I knew my niece and nephew(9 & 6) would love it too, so I brought them here. They totally loved checking out absolutely everything, and were full of questions about how/why things were like that 150 years ago. I was amazing at the level of interest that they took ...it made me appreciate this heritage site even more. There's even a few picnic tables there if you want to bring a lunch. There is a donation box with a suggested fee of $2, or you can arrange to have birthday parties, weddings etc there for a very reasonable fee. It's well worth making a short stop here and enjoying a bit of Okanagan history!

2  Thank Dave B

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I used to live in Kelowna and never visited. It was nice to finally get to see it and explore the old cabins. It is worth a visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a great place for the kids to learn the recent history in Kelowna. It is also said to be haunted so it is fun to go to at night, especially on halloween!

2  Thank jbarbs8
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is part of Okanagan history and should be on the list of places to see.There are so many old buildings and artifacts

1  Thank Bruce V
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Wonderful spot, we just happened on. The okangan could use more of these attractions
Learned a lot of the area and hardship of pioneer life

1  Thank humbug31