“Pricey but nice”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kamloops, Canada
“Pricey but nice”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I expected more from this hotel. The weekend I stayed here it was quite busy in Kelowna so accommodation choices were limited. It was just ok. The beds were comfortable, though. We didn't get to try the pool. The Sunday brunch was 35 or 40/pp - too much, in my opinion.
I wasn't impressed and I hated that there was still a $16 parking fee after we paid all that money for a room.
I'd try another place next time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and it is unfortunate that you did not feel a strong value for your money. Our resort offers so much and to get a full appreciation I encourage you to experience as much as you can which would certainly speak to our value. Of course our rates do fluctuate based on season and demand so I am sure we have a room and price that is perfect for you.

I hope you give us another try,

Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort and Conference Centre in Kelowna, British Columbia for a business conference and convention. The hotel and its staff are well accustomed at hosting and servicing guests staying at the facility for business conventions. What really impressed me was the hotel's fitness facilities. The gym and equipment were first class. Comparable with any hotel gym in large metropolitan cities in North America. Very impressive!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

So pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. With all our amenities you are able to mix business with pleasure all under the same roof. Next time, skip the work and enjoy our fabulous hotel and city you won't be disappointed.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Having previously stayed in this hotel a few times I was pleased to lead a small group here the other weekend. The staff was more then accommodating, even after we needed to add an extra room at the very last minute. The breakfast buffet was a real hit for our group as well. Won big in the Casino so I can't afford not to return!

• Stayed July 2013
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Loyal Guest,
Thank you for your continued business, and I am glad you were able to impress your group with a stay at the Delta Grand Okanagan. It sounds as though you made the most of our amenities, and with a big win at the casino, it should ensure a return visit for you and your friends real soon.

Warm regards,

Langley City, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a great stay, the room was clean and all the staff were super helpful and polite. Right in the heart of everything, I never had to use my car. There were a few minor things, like an elevator out of service, but nothing worth complaining about. The lake view room really wasn't a lake view, not worth paying the extra money for it. It was more of a peak of the lake.

Room Tip: Not worth paying for a lake view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Trish,

Thank you for your feedback and always great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you enjoyed our perfect downtown central location and with so many views within our hotel I am sure next time we can find one to exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

from the time we approached the driveway of the hotel and greeted with a smile by the very friendly smiling staff, we really felt the warm welcoming atmosphere of this particular hotel. From the day we checked-in to the day we checked-out - everything was so smooth.

I am a very picky one as a person when it comes to hotel accommodations. This one is the best I can describe so far.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We pride ourselves on engaging service, even for the picky ones, and I love to read that we exceeded your expectations.

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

An avid fan of tripadvisor, the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort was not a disappointment. We booked a Lakeview room for 2 nights in July 2013 and the service was outstanding. Superb service started during our check-in by our front desk agent, Kyla. The message she left on our voicemail to welcome us to the Delta Grand was a great gesture and gave Delta that small personal touch that other hotels do not offer. The location was central, walking distance to downtown. The parking is $16 per night, $20 for valet parking. There are free parking meters between the hours of 5pm-9am and all day Sunday for the early birds who doesn't want to pay. The pool, hot tub and gym is open until 11pm (sauna is temporarily closed) and most of the staff, including the concierge was great. The room itself was spacious and modern and the bed and pillows were very, very comfortable that I was tempted to buy some for myself.

Cons:
-We paid extra money for the lakeview and did not think it was worth it. We thought it would be a full lake view, but it was partial at best. You literally have to stand by the window to catch a glimpse of the lake. When I asked the trainee during check-out if all the mode-room had only partial views, she was unsure and was unable to provide me with an answer (This was my only complaint about the service)

-Cleanliness is an issue - There was an m&m underneath our desk in the room left by the previous guests...the m&m was still in the same position 2 days later when we checked out. A minor issue, but cleanliness needs improvement.

-The window was open when we checked in. Normally it's not an issue as I welcome the fresh air, however there were 2 huge wasps that entered our room (we were on the highest floor - 9th) through the window. It's a nightmare trying to kill a wasp, nevermind 2 in the middle of the night. There were wasps visibly flying outside our window, so there might be a hornet nests around. This message was pass on to the front desk.

-Pressure from the showerhead is relatively weak.

Consensus: Great hotel and I would recommend it to my friends and coworkers. But the lakeview in our particular room was not worth the extra money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your thorough review! We definitely appreciate all the feedback. I'm thrilled our staff were able to enhance your stay and yes those beds are one of the most commented on amenities from our guests. They are from the Simmons' Beautyrest collection and are called Delta Elite Pillow-Top in case you decide you must have one yourself!

I apologize for the cleanliness issue you had during your stay. That is not up to Delta standards and unfortunately was an oversight on our end.

We hope to see you again soon! We do have Mode rooms that have both partial and fuller lake views so I apologize the view from your room wasn't what you expected. Please feel free to call our hotel directly to speak with our in house reservations team when booking so they can ensure you have a view more to your liking on your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Allison
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Everything was wonderful. A bit pricey but we had a government discount. The pool was great and the staff were very helpful in making us feel welcome. Very modern design. We stayed there for a week. A couple things that were unconvenient were the limited and far away parking spaces and also the lack of robes in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2013
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Valerie

I'm happy to see you found everything so wonderful with your stay and that our staff was able to make you feel at home and welcomed. I am curious as to where you parked as we do have a multi-leveled parkade on property by our North tower entrance. We hope to see you again soon! Please feel free to call our Front Desk on your next stay to request additional bath robes as we'd be more than happy to bring them to you.

Kind Regards,