“Disappointed”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels before including higher end hotels. The price we paid for a night was on the higher end. We had stayed at this hotel before so we were disappointed to find that our room had no bathtub, only a shower. Had we known it had no bathtub, we would have booked somewhere else. I do feel they should have informed us that the room was only shower only. The staff were very friendly. The room was clean but unfortunately on the five hotels we stayed at on this trip (Whistler, Vancouver, Kelowna, Penticton and Richmond this one was disappointing. I don't think we would stay here again. :(

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you think you are paying for.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly M
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Kelly

Thank you for your review. I'm happy that you had some great interactions with our staff but I am sorry to see that you were disappointed with not having a bathtub during your stay. With our new Mode rooms, we did incorporate glassed-in showers as part of the design concept in some of the rooms. We do however have certain room types that include a shower/bathtub combo as well as some that include a jacuzzi tub.

We sincerely hope this will not deter you from returning in the future. I would be more than happy to make a note on your profile that you would like a room with a bathtub for future stays.
Please contact me directly at allison.fallis@deltahotels.com.

Kind Regards,
Allison

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our stay was excellent! Everything was wonderful. I would definitely stay again! The place is just beautiful. Our room was great. Service was great. No complaints. We ate outside by the water. The food was delicious. The kids really enjoyed the pools. The air conditioner in the room was kinda noisy but alright. Our room had been recently renovated. So it was very nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Heather

I'm so glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I am curious by eating by the water you meant on our Grand Bay Cafe patio overlooking the lagoon or from our new Cabana Bar on the pool deck?! But either way I'm thrilled you were able to enjoy some of the amenities at the hotel and we look forward to having you and your family back again!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at this property for two nights on a recent business trip. While not a classic 5 star hotel, it has numerous attributes such as:
1) great lakeside location - wonderful promenades
2) very friendly and helpful staff
3) good downtown core location within walking distance of many restaurants.
4) decent free wifi
5) clean, updated, albeit not fancy, rooms.
Items which, while not "negatives", you may want to note:
5) there is a $16 per day self help parking fee (higher rate if you're using valet)
6) there is a decent breakfast buffet, but it's somewhat costly. You can order off the menu, but that too is not inexpensive. Ok if you're on a solo business trip, but it could add up for a family on vacation. Back to the plus side, there is a separate coffee stand (Starbucks) in the hotel lobby with an assortment of smaller items to eat if you're not fussy.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I'm happy you found the hotel and surrounding area so appealing and that our staff were able to enhance your stay. We look forward to having you back, perhaps for a leisure trip next time so you can experience even more of what the hotel and Kelowna has to offer!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a great stay, the staff made me feel at home, anything i needed they made sure i had it. Room was clean and beautiful. Would stay there again and would recommend to everybody. I called room service at 4 in the morning, man came to my room about 10 min later gave me my food and double checked to make sure i had everything. The house keepers cleaned the bathrooms and organized the mess we made before, they had my girlfriends stuff on the one side and mine on the other side of the bathroom. Everything was cleaned every morning and when i left my braclet there they came down to the lobby and gave it to me before i left. The manager, front desk, and house keepers were all so friendly, and so was the food at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Justin

One of the best compliments we could get is to hear we made you feel at home. I'm so glad our team was able to do that for you and it seems as though all your needs were met and more!

We look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend back again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for almost a week in June while attending a conference. The hotel rooms, service, and location were all fantastic. We would highly recommend it and would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a club room......worth the price!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

So great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to mix business with pleasure and we certainly have the amenities to pull it off.

Hope to see you again soon.

Jeff

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stay in various resorts / hotels quite often. The delta grand is a large hotel that is located in the heart of Kelowna- hence the high price per night.
The valet service was really great- friendly guys that are very attentive. The housekeeping staff were pleasant and kept everything clean. Unfortunately the staff at the pool were less than accommodating when my young daughter ate chips that were NOT purchased from the cabana. I was told it was not allowed and don't do it again. On a different day, unbeknownst to me, my son brought his own drink to enjoy by the pool & you guessed it - he was
reprimanded for bringing a non-
purchased bevy into the area. I wasn't there at that moment nor knew he had brought it, but they told him & layed down the rules. Seriously - paying $300+ night - is this reasonable? I think not.

This money grabbing attitude reflects poorly on a chain that is usually top notch.

Btw I never did see a sign posted with these bizarre rules.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Travelwithfamilyguru
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I appreciate your comments in regards to our housekeeping and bell service teams. I do also understand your frustrations about the pool beverage restrictions, however as licensed area, we have to maintain a certain level of control over exterior items being brought in. This being said, I agree certain things such as children's juice should be an exception to this rule.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Cedric

Reviewed July 3, 2013

a nice hotel right on the water. close to downtown. friendly staff. nice clean and modern rooms. nice amenities. fast reliable internet. did not try the movies or tv as it was to nice outside to be indoors. would stay again. one of the nicest delta hotels in the chain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hunglow
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review. That's a good thing when it's too nice outside to be stuck indoors! We hope to see you again soon,