“Comfortable, good service, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Delta Grand Okanagan Resort
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Comfortable, good service, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

On the shoreline of Lake Okanagan the Delta Grand Okanagan offers great access to the city and region. The service was very good - valet parking for an additional four dollars a day - staff if pleasant and helpful. We were in an ordinary room with two queen beds in the north tower. The room was comfortable with great Internet access at no additional charge.

Stayed June 2013
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Jim

You first sentence sounds like the perfect tagline for our hotel! I'm happy to read you had a great experience during your stay with our staff and were comfortable in the newly renovated Mode room you stayed in.

We hope to see you again soon,

Allison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Thai first
Revelstoke, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Booked months in advance, then given probably their lest desirable room.

Air Conditioning sounded like a truck, the small window that looked mostly at a gravel roof and the side of the building could not be opened properly to let in air. The air that did come in was smoky smelling, the discarded cigarette packet out side the window may have had something to do with that.

They did not have a room with a bathtub available so we were given one with just a shower. They did offer to bounce us around on one of the three nights we had booked. The shower attachment was broken so we got a pre-shower before entering the stall. I did advise them about it, but I guess it wasn't too important to fix. I reminded them when I checked out,

Bed frame stuck out from bed, so we got gouged legs as a lasting reminder of our experience.

I reminded them when I checked out of the problems, I hope they fixed some of the problems for the next guest. This attendant was appologetic and did seem to take note with the intention of doing something about the problems.

When we decided to check out a day earlier we were advised of the 72 hour cancellation policy. This killed any facade of friendliness that was obviously well engrained in the staff's training. They did offer to to shuffle us around to another room, but I had enough of the place by that point. They did not charge for the last night that we did not stay for in the end, but it took a bit of quibbling.

If this was a third rate mum and pop motel I would give them a 3, possibly a 4 for good beding, facilities etc. But for a high end hotel, it was a bad experience.

Neither myself, nor my staff will be staying here in the future. I have already advised my assistant not to book us at the Grand. We will walk or take a taxi from another hotel for future conferences.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room before accepting. Check out the AC for noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank RevyAdventure
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Tim,

Quite frankly sir I don't know where to begin. It is evident that we let you down both from a product and service standpoint and for that I do sincerely apologize. I believe that my colleague has reached out via e-mail and I hope that we are able to connect with you to discuss your concerns further.

We certainly want to win back your trust and business, I hope you will give us this chance.

port coquitlam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great clean and updated rooms but will NOT be back due to poor customer service. Not friendly, helpful or accommodating. Had a particularly bad experience with staff Elara and Sally. There are many other hotel choices in the area. I would rather not pay top dollar to be treated rudely.

• 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank bctripgirl
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am disappointed to read of your negative interactions. At Delta hotels we pride ourselves on welcoming and engaging service so I am surprised and concerned to read of your experience.

I do apologize for any frustrations during your stay and would love to talk further if it is convenient for you to call me at the hotel so that I could get more insight into your experience.

Jeff Kennedy
Director of Operations
Fort St. John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay in Kelowna! The location is amazing. It may be a bit pricey but well worth it. Staff are very attentive to your needs. Lots of great places to walk to nearby. Could use more closet space in the room. Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank JazzFSJ
Dear Guest,

What a great review, thank you so much. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy all the services and amenities our team had to offer.

Come back any time.

Vancouver, British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed here over the past 20 years as and when I've needed to come to Kelowna.

The Grand has done a wonderful job in being a top-notch hotel - almost like the Fairmonts. You really feel like you've gotten away. The staff are superb -from the valet to the front desk employees. Great job!

You almost had a perfect score - your bathrooms were spotless; the bathtub drained; amazing!

As you can see by the video - nice looking place.

One con - a big one - the noise from the bar was so loud on Saturday night. The noise permeated up to the 7th floor. I can only imagine what it is like on the lower floors. I did call, and security did go and try to get the patrons of the bar to keep quiet - but by this time it was 1:45 a.m. (I've stayed here before and have not noted this much noise!! - enough to wake you up so that you are dreaming that there is someone being murdered outside. )

Another con - the noise from people screaming in the pool the next day permeates to the upper floors. It's 10:18 am after the noisy night, and it permeates the windows.

So, is there anything that the hotel can do? Maybe better insulation.

Some of the patrons are a bit rougher here. It is like being in Vegas. They yell down the hall, and slam their doors. I don't think that you can do much about that. It seems to be a trait that is rampant in nice hotels - a sense of entitlement or a casino/cruise ship crowd, I think.

All in all, a wonderful place to stay. With a bit of insulation and muzzling some of the patrons, this hotel would garner a gold star. I would suggest not staying on the pool side - but it is beautiful. I think I'll bring ear plugs and bear the noise for this room. It was lovely and the hotel has tried to be the best there is in the city.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room that overlooks the pool/bar/promenade unless you bring earplugs
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank SleeplessinNS
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear guest,

So pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and always love to hear from a loyal customer spanning over 2 decades. It is unfortunate that not all guests and patrons from the surrounding area can respect appropriate noise levels late at night but I am surprised that it reached you.

Thank you for not letting this impact your stay and of course your continued patronage. I know we will see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and helpful...food was great....rooms were great....views fantastic....highly recommended! I would also like to recommend a visit to the gym which is very well equipped for enthusiasts of all ages. Take a walk along the waterfront and the marina

1 Thank Lloyd B
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Lloyd

It's so great to see that you had great experiences with our staff, while you dined, in our rooms, and during your workout! Ah yes, and you can't beat a view of the surrounding Okanagan Lake and mountains. We hope to see you again soon so you can experience even more of what the hotel and Kelowna has to offer!

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We planned this quick get away and the Delta Grand exceeded our expectations! Check in and check out were super quick, the staff was so friendly, personable, and accommodating. They really made us feel special! They upgraded our room and it was GORGEOUS, we loved the view! The pool and the rooms are clean and inviting. We went for a massage at the spa, and our masseuses not only gave us wonderful massages but also gave us tips on how to handle the areas where we had the most tension. They even surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries! I have nothing negative to say, I can't wait to go back! We had so much fun and felt very spoiled!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest
It seems as though your quick getaway was rewarding! I'm happy you like the look of our new rooms and were able to utilize some of the amenities at the resort. What a great take away to have some tips from the Spa you can try out at home yourself!

We look forward to spoiling you again in the near future.

Allison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelowna
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#7 of 34 in Kelowna
4.5 of 5 stars 511 reviews
Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna

Been to Delta Grand Okanagan Resort? Share your experiences!