Booked months in advance, then given probably their lest desirable room.
Air Conditioning sounded like a truck, the small window that looked mostly at a gravel roof and the side of the building could not be opened properly to let in air. The air that did come in was smoky smelling, the discarded cigarette packet out side the window may have had something to do with that.
They did not have a room with a bathtub available so we were given one with just a shower. They did offer to bounce us around on one of the three nights we had booked. The shower attachment was broken so we got a pre-shower before entering the stall. I did advise them about it, but I guess it wasn't too important to fix. I reminded them when I checked out,
Bed frame stuck out from bed, so we got gouged legs as a lasting reminder of our experience.
I reminded them when I checked out of the problems, I hope they fixed some of the problems for the next guest. This attendant was appologetic and did seem to take note with the intention of doing something about the problems.
When we decided to check out a day earlier we were advised of the 72 hour cancellation policy. This killed any facade of friendliness that was obviously well engrained in the staff's training. They did offer to to shuffle us around to another room, but I had enough of the place by that point. They did not charge for the last night that we did not stay for in the end, but it took a bit of quibbling.
If this was a third rate mum and pop motel I would give them a 3, possibly a 4 for good beding, facilities etc. But for a high end hotel, it was a bad experience.
Neither myself, nor my staff will be staying here in the future. I have already advised my assistant not to book us at the Grand. We will walk or take a taxi from another hotel for future conferences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Hotels Grand Okanagan Resort is fresh from extensive renovations to all 262 guestrooms in the North and South Tower. The newly designed rooms feature SmartDesk work areas with multiple connectivity docks, complimentary internet, and many other thoughtful touches. Along with our guest rooms, other renovations include the addition of Club Lounge and two private guest room floors with exclusive amenities and services. Our resort provides some of the best views in town! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Delta Hotels Grand Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre Hotel Kelowna
- Delta Grand Okanagan Resort And Conference Centre
- Delta Grand Okanagan Lakefront Hotel
- Grand Hotel Kelowna
- Delta Hotels Grand Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley