“The most beautuful hotel ever!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen! the staff are amazing and well trained, the location is breathtaking, Grand Bay restaurant has fantastic food and drinks and the servers are so professional. I had an amazing time over there, I highly recomment this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that face the park, you will have an amazing view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank taraneh_wl
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for all of your fantastic compliments! I'm so glad you had an amazing time during your stay and were able to connect with our staff and enjoy some of the amenities at the hotel.

By the sounds of it, we may see you again soon (let's hope!)

Allison

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We stay at Delta Hotels all the time, my husband is a Delta Privilege Member. This stay has been horrible, our room, described as an "upgrade" is dark, only one window which is further blocked by a pillar outside. Room is very small (1015) right opps noisy ice machine, though requested not! Hotel is not busy also we are staying three days in small room coffee maker is in closet! Shower is too cramped as is bathroom. There is one, yes 1 drawer for our clothes. There are workmen here changing light switches, talking loudly to each other, I finally had to ask if they were almost through ... three of them actually leaning on our door talking loudly! As a hotel guest I do not expect to have to request consideration from staff , this is a job for management... we walked right past these men when entering our room so they know we were here!
These are only a few if our frustrations this trip.
Feel like there is a sloppy attitude developing as the location us so great and it is popular...:(

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Rosemary S
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Rosemary,

I am very disappointed to read about your recent experience at the hotel. I am sorry to read about the challenges you experienced with the particular room you stayed in as we have so many varieties I am confident that we have something that will suit your needs. I am quite surprised to read about your experience with some of our contractors and I will be following up as it is our expectation that they respect appropriate noise levels not to mention our guests.

Thank you Rosemary for your feedback and if you have a chance I would appreciate a call so that I can follow up on any other concerns you may have.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

No stranger to Kelowna or the Okanagan Valley, we just finished spending the May long weekend at the Grand Okanagan for a total of four nights in two suites in order to attend a family wedding. This place has come a very long way since it was first branded a Delta many years ago, initially starting out as a glorified Relax Inn as the focal point of a now thriving urban redevelopment area known as the "cultural district". While that in itself might represent an oxymoron in terms of the "new" Kelowna, the Delta has managed to keep itself in a class of its own and certainly representing the flagship accommodation facility in the Okanagan Valley. Not only have they spent a lot of money and effort to bring it up to current standards, they have cleverly also improved the staff training substantially to keep the balance just right. In fact, the staff are actually quite brilliant for this size of metropolitan area, and the tutelage they have received to provide just the right level of customer service is evident throughout the various departments.

Any shortcomings which we experienced could not be directed to the management or staff, but rather, to the quality of clientele which we were often forced to witness and endure during our stay. This could be attributed in part to the fact it was the May long weekend, but moreso to the direction which Kelowna seems to be gravitating from its original desirable roots. Gone are the days of the numerous fruit and vegetable stands as well verdant gardens near the city's core, replaced by raucous night clubs and slips for overpowered motor boats roaring up and down the formerly placid lake at ridiculous speeds both day and night. The once tranquil atmosphere has been lost to a buzz similar to that of Las Vegas - with the appropriate ensuing visitors and expected behaviour.

I would commend the Grand on it's metamorphosis against a strong current of external variables, and if we were to select Kelowna as a hotel destination, I would have no hesitation in recommending the Grand as the best there is in a flagging market.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank George R
gmDBDeltaDGO, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our renovated resort and well trained team! Your feedback is truly appreciated and helps to validate the continued focus we have on delivering an exceptional guest experience in the "Heart of Wine Country".

I do also appreciate your feedback on our growing city...to your point, strategic development is all about balancing the excitement of activities in the downtown core with the rural charm that Kelowna has long since been know for. I assure you that many of our local orchards, vineyards and farmers are still very active in selling their products, and are within a 5-10 minutes drive of our resort in any direction. Kelowna also boasts a wonderful farmers market that draws huge crowds throughout the year.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Delta Grand Okanagan, and would be delighted to help highlight many of the rural "treasures" that our city has to offer!

Daniel

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Rooms are recently renovated and they look great. TV's have all the modern conveniences to allow you to hook up your own electronics. Overall a really nice hotel.

Great location. Scenery along the lakeside walkway is really great. Small bird sanctuary has been preserved along the water and it was chock-full of birds. That was nice.
Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They stored our mountain bikes for us in secure storage so we wouldn't have to leave them attached to our vehicle.

A few cons:
The month of May may not be the best time to stay here (or maybe we were just unlucky):

1. Indoor pool was closed for maintenance
2. Outdoor pool had no beverage service of any kind - we were left to wander the hotel looking for a vending machine. Ended up buying some bottled water at the hotel restaurant for $3/bottle.
3. Driveway was being ripped up for some reason.
4. Garage was being cleaned which made parking kind of a pain.
5. Coffee shop didn't have espresso, their coffee machine was broken :(
6. Wifi was a little weak so you may have to plug in.

None of these were deal-breakers, but for 180/night in Kelowna, it would have been nice to have a few less inconvenient experiences.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blue_eyes7
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the perception you received that everything is closed in the "off-season" as that is certainly not the case. There is never a good time to complete annual maintenance but as it is all necessary, so we try to stagger them as best we can to lessen the impact to our guests. We did have some delays in a couple projects causing them to overlap, I am very sorry if this impacted your stay. I can tell you all the points you mentioned are either up and functional already or will be by the end of the week.

Please come back anytime of year and I am sure we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Thank god we got our room for a discount but even at $170 a night our bathtubs was NEVER cleaned. There was hair in the tube with finger prints and a dirty floor when we got in. We let it go. Next day, same thing- not cleaned. We ran the tub to clean our feet and you can see a ring on the silver drain. Next day, still there and you could feel the scum around the tube!
I called to complain. They had a lady come up and clean it and gave us a free breakfast and 1 night stay since they have a "simply clean" moto. The next day after we spoke to the head house keeper we left for the day and when we got in later and checked out the bathtub - NOT CLEAN! You could see the ring yet again around the drain from the bath the night before. We will not be staying here again. At lest the cheaper hotels will be properly cleaned. Too bad since we came up for wedding planning and we were testing the grand since I was thinking about having our wedding night there. I couldn't imagin how gross their hot tubes would be! It's not even worth complaining every day about the house keeper since they couldn't even fix it the next day. Our friends are staying at okanagan season resort, paying $60 a night and we are going over there to have our showers since its an actually a clean hotel. I rather save $100 a night and stay at okanagan seasons resort than the grand. We are checking out and going to another resort on Friday.

The restaurant has a good breakfast. Dinner, horrible customer service! They forgot to give us our menus and we waited 20 minutes for that. Never received our crab cakes. Waiter never Checked up on us. The salmon was over cooked. They don't have any steak knives so I wouldn't recommend it since it becomes flat from trying to cut through it with a dull knife.
To the owner/manager of Delta. Please train your housekeepers on how to clean a washroom and after a complaint, make sure the room is cleaned! Time for some new employees!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Boogusta
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to read of your experience. We take the comfort of our guests very seriously and a clean room is a minimum expectation. It is very unfortunate that we were not able to rectify the problem especially after you brought it to our attention. This is not indicative of a stay at our hotel and we will be following up on our end.

I would love to be able to talk to you further about your experience if you are able to contact me at the hotel.

Jeff Kennedy
Director of Operations

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travelled to Kelowna for business purposes the 1st week of May and stayed at the Delta Grand Okanagan.
The hotel and its surroundings are absolutely beautiful, well kept and inviting.
Rooms are very inviting as well as the hotel and are kept clean and tastefully decorated, the staff is very amicable and always ready to be of service.
I can only thank everyone for their kindness, they made me feel at home.
This is not the first time I stayed at the Delta Grand and undoubtedly will return and stay there when travelling to the Okanagan.
I strongly recommend the Delta Grand to family and friends and to all you will enjoy your stay!
Thank you all again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rafael_Lea
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Rafael

It's great to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for your loyalty when you come to the Okanagan! Knowing that our staff made you feel at home is a fantastic compliment and I'm glad you enjoy the new look and feel of our rooms.

We hope you are able to stay with us again soon and enjoy some leisure time in Kelowna and all it has to offer!

Allison

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here on business in early May and unlike previous visits, my room was in a newer part of the hotel and the room was superb - spacious, modern (not unlike the rest of the hotel which feels very 80s), comfortable, with everything a business person needs. Conference food we ate for breakfast/lunch/dinner was also excellent and conference service staff were plentiful and attentive. Lots of families were staying (it's on the lake plus they have a pool) and well as couples having getaways.

A couple of minor things to fix would be that the bathroom amenities (body cream) weren't replenished properly, which wasn't a big deal since I don't really use it, and the full length mirror is on the inside of the closet door and the closet door doesn't stay open (making the mirror almost useless); again this is easily fixed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SeaBiscuit13
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making us apart of your conference experience. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your newly renovated room and all the culinary delights that were provided at your conference. Just to let you know both towers are now renovated so whether you go left or right you are guaranteed to have a great room. I appreciate the insight to the small issues in your room, as you said easily rectified.

Now we hope to see you again, perhaps this time for some fun rather then boring old work.