Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Good hotel”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been here for one night only but I did almost enjoy my experience in this hotel.Room very comfortable and clean , the wifi is free of charge. At check in I had to wait over 15min to get to the counter, asked for nice leak view but was not given.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I do apologize for your delayed arrival experience, certainly not the right way to get your stay started. It is unfortunate we could not meet your request for as lake view room. As you can imagine these room are in demand and often complimentary upgrades are not possible.

Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Thai first
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This property is in need of a male over. I was at a meeting and spent 3 nights in a here bedroom suite. Hallways are dirty and dusty. Glasses and cups are spotted and old. The windows and doors were dirty. On the positive the bed and linens are perfect! The staff were quite friendly and helpful. The views and location allow them to get away with sloppy housekeeping and worn out carpets.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Jeffrey,

Although we share the same name I guess we do not share the same experiences of the Delta Grand. I do apologize for the short comings you experienced with your room as these are not acceptable. A clean room is a minimum expectation when checking into a Delta and I am sorry this was not your experience.

I do hope you will visit us again so that we can prove this to be an isolated incident.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We spent two day at The Delta Grand in April! This is our fourth visit to this resort, and will return again. The rooms have been renovated and are absoutely phenomenal! This resort is very central, on the lake, your restaurants, and activities are all within walking distance from the Hotel. The staff is always willing to help with suggestions to make ou stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. Will return to this Resort again next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room if possible with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cupcakes413
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

4th trip!!!!
Thank you so much for your loyalty. I know that we have to earn your loyalty and with our central location, new rooms and engaged staff I am pleased that we have done just that.

See you for your 5th.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just as the title states, when you stay at the Delta Grand Okanagan you can expect an ultra comfortable stay and experience supreme service. I couldn't be happier with my time spent here! The food was excellent as well and the restaurant has a very classy feel. Even if you choose to take advantage of the 24/7 in room service you will be impressed with the incredible presentation, fast service, and delicious food. I highly recommend staying here if you plan on visiting beautiful Kelowna!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank AaronNicholls
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Aaron,

Love reading your review and hearing that we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the Chef as we all strive to give you a memorable dining experience no matter which outlet you chose.

I trust we will see you again soon?

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent a nice time at the Delta Grand for the Easter Weekend. I hadn't been there since the renovations and actually liked it better before. The room was super comfortable but the modern look didn't quite fit in with the hotel. We also had some problems with our key and it was a nuisance to keep going to the desk. Sound carried a lot as well.

Overall the trip was relaxing and enjoyable and I would recommend it even though there were a few distractions. Tip for saving money - the hotel buffet was $40. If you don't eat a lot and want to save the money - go to the casino and they have a mini buffet for $5-$10. Good food - quick and cheap.

Room Tip: We didn't pay extra for a water view and look over the pool but still had a great view of the ma...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaggieKitsilano
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Maggie,

Thank you for your feedback and I am quite surprised about your renovation comments although design is certainly a subjective topic. I should pass along that we are in the planning stages for public space renovations to ensure a better alignment between our rooms and lobby.

I am glad you found a breakfast to your liking as our Signature Easter Buffet Brunch is certainly a different offering then what the casino would provide.

Edmonton
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Delta Grand several times over the years and this time I stayed in a newly-renovated suite and I was extremely impressed. The bed is an extra-large kingsize. Beside it is a comfortable entertaining area with sofa, tables and large windows toward the lake. The desk area has all the ports needed for any electronics. My personal favorite part of the suite is the newly renovated washroom. It is a huge clean tiled space with a lovely walk-in glass shower and a triangle-shaped extra-large spa tub. The tub is a wonderful way to relax after a day working or enjoying Kelowna's great outdoors. There also seems to be a new focus on customer service. I was pleasantly surprised with the staff's upbeat attitudes with a smile and genuine interest in making my stay enjoyable. I will definitely be back very soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room with a spa tub.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank turtle2065
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and so pleased to read that about your exceeded expectations when it comes to our newly renovated rooms...what a difference. Our team is very proud of our resort and couldn't be happier with the new room product for our guests to enjoy and I guess it shows.

Love to hear that you are coming back...going to hold you to that.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years, I can honestly say the new renovation in the South tower rooms took my breath away. These stylish modern rooms, with breathtaking views, are very functional for business, yet comfortable and relaxing too.

You will absolutely want to have room with access to the new concierge lounge floor. This lounge offers a WONDERFUL atmosphere (and view!) for relaxing, as well as superb high end evening appetizers and a lovely breakfast buffet. You may just want to move in and stay for a while.... I certainly did!

Room Tip: try the new rooms in the south tower
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wendy N
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Wendy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I love hearing from of our loyal patrons for so many years that you were impressed with our upgrades. We knew we had to do something to keep you coming back.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience on our MODE CLUB floor and hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,