AWFUL. TERRIBLE VALUE. NEVER RETURN HERE. This place is also a time-share and private owners vacation property, so a 'resort/hotel guest' is mixed in with all sorts of 'guests' on the property. As others have said, this place is OLD OLD OLD, wooden framed chalets and rooms that haven't been updated since the 80's. ***NO AIR CONDITIONING***. Completely inconsistent from Chalet to Chalet and room to room. The first chalet we stayed in (at $500 a night) was simply uninhabitable. FiLTHY FILTHY FILTHY, hairs all over the bathroom floor, no shower curtain, no bathroom amenities, with the worst concrete slab-hard-bed and dirty bed covers, hard pillows, no lighting and an old TV, a ghetto blaster as a stereo and stained carpets, walls with holes in them. The alarm clocks were all flashing 1200 as well as the stove. Clearly, there is absolutely ZERO care for maintenance and there are NO standards for comfort whatsoever. When I complained, the 'guest services manager' immediately offered to discount the room until I exclaimed that we would not be staying in that room or on their property if they didn't move us - I didn't care if it was free. The second chalet they moved us to was marginally better, still with NO central AC, no TV's in the rooms, a 'bunk bed' as the 2nd bedroom (for adults)...etc etc.... Because the Chalets are all wooden construction, you can hear the people above and below like they are in the room beside you. Even the lightest footsteps make the floors creak and wake everyone up throughout the night. The restaurants were also AWFUL. Breakfast was overpriced and NEVER came out prepared properly. Lunch was no better and we didn't dare stay for dinner. The golf course is basically a pitch and putt. The ONLY positive thing was the warf (privately run) that had boats, water skis/wake boards etc and sea-doos for rental. STAY AWAYS FROM THIS PLACE (calling it a resort is an insult to other resorts) - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Okanagan Resort is located on 300 acres of mountainside parkland on the West Shore of beautiful Okanagan Lake, just 20 minutes from downtown Kelowna.Lake Okanagan Resort is the Kelowna's "true destination Resort. The resort has its own 9 hole executive par 3 golf course, lit tennis courts, hot tubs, resort store, renovated meeting space, restaurants, lounge, seasonal pools, spa, upgraded suites (all with kitchen facilities) and premier villas, beach and brand new marina.The resort welcomes families, couples, groups, conferences, retreats and is perfect for beach weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Okanagan Hotel Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley