All reviews king suite orchard park mall reasonable rates rooms are nice hockey tournament separate bedroom bed was comfortable full kitchen tower dennys dishwasher highway pet wineries
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

We were in Kelowna for a business trip and decided to check out of the Sandman within a few hours of check in ...and thankfully didn’t spend any further nights here.
- hot tub had weird things floating around in it. It was dirty and didn’t feel hygienic
- entire property was in disrepair. Lots of cover ups of old wood and cabinetry
- asked for wine glasses, they directed us to the Denny’s in the property ‍♀️
- asked for a wall plug for my phone, they directed us to the Shoppers Drug Mart
- old out dated technology in the hotel rooms
- remote control wasn’t functional

This whole place was just really just well ...not up to standard. Very frustrating.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Dear Valued Guest:

We are disappointed that you were frustrated during your stay with us. I can assure you that our guest' comfort is our top priority and we are constantly working to update our rooms and amenities. Please feel free to contact me directly and provide more specific feedback in regards to your stay as I am dedicated to raising the bar in hospitality. I can be reached directly at 250-980-3150. With 220 rooms and 2 buildings including our Modern Executive Tower, we have the perfect room for everyone. In the meantime I will continue to work with all departments of our hotel team to improve, update and create a great stay for our guests. Great tip about the wine glasses, I will make sure to have some available at our Front Desk.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I was in the tower which was ok but inconvenient. I checked in on a Monday night and when I got off the elevator there was someone’s room service led to we food sitting on the table in the hall. It was still there when I checked out Wednesday morning. That kind of put me off. My room was okay. Sandman’s need an upgrade. Everything is just a little dated. There are no USB ports for charging electronics. The tv is small an old. The only way you could find what was o. Was by flicking they the channels. There is a fridge in the room but no microwave. My overall stay was okay.

Date of stay: April 2019

Dear Valued Guest:

I apologize for the issue of dishes in the hall. This is an easy fix and I will certainly follow up to make sure that this does not happen again. Just so you know, we are always updating and in fact just updated multiple rooms and floors with new TV's microwaves, beds and more. We can best assist you if you let us know during the reservation process or at check in what your needs are. With 220 rooms, we definitely have the perfect one for you. Feel free to contact me directly to book your next stay with us. I can be reached at 250-980-3150 and it would be my pleasure to make sure that you have the best room suited to you.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2019

The Sandman in Kelowna is a great option if you are travelling to Kelowna with a pet. Its only $15 per night extra for the pet. I love the rooms overlooking the pool, and the rooms are always clean, and the service is excellent!

Date of stay: February 2019
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Dear Valued Guest:

We know that Pets are our Family! And The Sandman Hotel Group is all about family. Thank you for noting that our "rooms are always clean and the service is excellent!" Our hotel team is here to make it a great guest experience . We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best!

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here before and will again despite 4:00 am false fire alarms! Staff is professional, friendly, and accommodating. The building itself presents as a bit tired, but still worth the stay for the price point.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for noting out "professional, friendly and accommodating staff"! I will certainly share your compliment. IN regards to fire alarms, unfortunately they happen and only very occasionally, but have comfort that our guests' safety is top of mind. Note also that we are constantly updating our hotel for our guests, we never stop. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best!

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Service was good. Disappointed, little run down and outdated. Sinks not draining, bath fan clogged with lintel, TV way too small, finding parking difficult, finding the pool and hot tub was a labyrinth. The Denny's attached, service good, food was deplorable milkshakes excellent.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. As you have shared a few details, both in regards to the Restaurant Denny's and the hotel, we could benefit greatly if you contacted me directly and offered more specific details. I can be reached at 250-980-3150, direct to my desk. None the less, I will certainly share your feedback with Denny's as their food is loved by many and typically very good. In regards to the hotel, we have 220 rooms and a perfect location for everyone. While it may feel confusing to find the pool, it is actually quite simple as an open Atrium with large pool, hot tub and social area sits in the centre of the hotel, and rooms surround it. I believe with better communication upon check in, Front Desk staff could offer tips on the best ways to get to the pool from your particular room. I will coach our team on communicating these details with all future guests. Our hotel is constantly being updated to offer our guests the best in comfort and amenities and new TV's are being installed as we speak. I have also reviewed your feedback with our maintenance and housekeeping teams who will be sure to address those details as well. At The Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, we listen, your voice is heard and we take action.
Feel free to contact me directly anytime, we would certainly like to have you back for a stay with us.

Kindest regards,