“Good for business”

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
SkylarCanada
“Good for business”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Typical clean hotel. Nothing fancy except the modern main lobby. The layout is little akward. If your room is behind the bar (which needs a serious clean-up) you need to walk all the way around the hotel to get to the lobby,
Nothing significant to praise, but nothing significant ot complain about.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Fairview
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I have never written a review on anything ever but this hotel is very busy and people need to know how complaints are handled.

I had a pretty weird experience, I'm honestly not making this up. Woke up at 3 am and felt something on my head. I swiped frantically at it and then it seems I saw something on the pillow beside me. Jumped up to switch on the light and there was nothing there. Then whatever it was ran across the floor and disappeared under the hotel room door.
I guess it was probably a mouse but I really don't know, I was pretty sleepy.
Anyway I'm not sure that the staff ever really believed me but assured me that all was well because they had the pest control people search the building the next day and found nothing. It seemed they thought that would satisfy me but after getting a bit irate they agree to take $50 off one night of my stay. I thought that was being pretty cheap considering they were risking having me do something like this.

I guess I just found them pretty smug and sure that nothing bad had really happened, and if it did, they were just doing a fine job so it didn't matter.

Suffice to say that hell will freeze over before I return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this review, December 28, 2009
On behalf of the Sandman Hotel & Suites, Kelowna, we appreciate any of our guests taking the time to provide comments on their experience with our hotel as that gives opportunity to improve as well as recognize our strengths.
Our company makes it a practice to follow up on our guest's feedback as quickly as possible which we did in the situation described in this case. We are very conscious that every guest experience reported to us is important to investigate and respond to and we did so the same day with empathy, concern & appreciation.
We would like to apologize sincerely that our effort to take immediate action to the report was not deemed sufficient in this case. Although neither our staff nor a licensed pest control company could find any evidence of any creatures in the guestroom we did provide a follow up call to advise of the actions taken and the findings that resulted. At the time, since this did not ease the concern, a gesture of goodwill to refund 50% of the cost of the night was offered for the disturbed sleep.
We also had an inspection done on all possible access points of our building & increased protection to exterior doors to insure there is no opportunity for outdoor creatures to get into the guest rooms. There have been no other reports of this nature and we do feel that we have taken all reasonable preventative measures to insure our guests have no cause for concerns of in this regard.
Once again, we do regret that the situation has left this guest with concerns and we extend our apologies. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with comfort, convenience and excellent service and we are sorry that this is not the impression of this guest at this time. We hope there is an opportunity in the future to demonstrate our usual excellent service & accommodations.

thank you for your consideration of this response.

Kelly Watt
General Manager,
Sandman Hotel & Suites, Kelowna

Travelers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stayed for one night at the sandman and it was more than I had expected. The room was such a good value for its price. The hotel has 24/7 dennys room service and also a bar. the pool is so awesome and I would recommend getting a room on pool level, if you are going to be swimming! It is so convenient and have never seen one like it at other hotels! The room was not that roomy though but was decent and had everythin we needed; coffee maker,fridge. The location is about 5minute drive from the lake aznd if right infront of orchid shopping center, which is a huge mall with lots of department stores. If i had to choose a hotel away from the lake this one would be it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed in Kelowna on our way through the Okanagan and chose this hotel as a stop-over. The air conditioning didn't work in our room, unfortunately we didn't discover this until the kids were asleep and opted not to discuss it with management until the morning. It was exceptionally hot because the room we had was pool side. Once we brought it up, they reduced the room cost without further questioning.

The hotel is older and shows in some areas. We had a microwave, coffee maker & refrigerator in the room. The atrium pool area is nice and has a hot tub as well. Denny's is located in the hotel. There is a McDonald's next door and a shopping mall across the street. The hotel is about a 5-8 minute drive from the beach.

We would stay again but would not make it more than a night or two.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
BC
Reviewed November 6, 2008

In 2007 our apartment building unfortunatly had a fire. The city of Kelowna put us all up in the Sandman Inn. They let us bring our cat too.

Everyone was so loving and there were so many helping staff. The room was very nice.

We were very pleased :)

• Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vernon
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I am staying at the Kelowna Sandman right now, and in the back of the building is a new tower. The manager tells me there will be more than 100 new suites in the tower. I stay in at the Kelowna Sandman about once per month and cant wait until the tower is finished. It is expected to be done in the next month or two. I have always had a good experience at the Kelowna Sandman, they give me Lucky13 stamps and always give me free room upgrades. Cant wait to stay in the new tower!!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
British Columbia
Reviewed November 2, 2008

Nice hotel. Room was very clean and quiet. There was a couple of teams staying there, so they moved me to the back of the hotel which would be quieter. No elevator. Great location near the major mall.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No elevator, long hallways and flights of stairs.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business