“Expected More”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Chop blends the fine dining experience with a casual setting to bring you "fine casual dining". With an extensive wine list, prime cuts of meat and fresh seafood, Chop is the restaurant to choose when you're looking for a night of indulgence.
Kelowna, Canada
“Expected More”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had a gift card to Chop and decided to use it on our anniversary. We arrived and were greeted and seated kindly and quickly. Our waiter arrived soon after that to take our drink orders. The service was all okay but nothing amazing. We got complimentary bread to start out our meal and usually my husband devours it but most got left as it was not that good. Everything from our appetizer to our entrees were okay but I expect a lot more from a restaurant of this caliber. With the amount of dining choices in Kelowna we will not be returning anytime soon.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank BeautyForAshes

Winnipeg, Canada
“Not overly impressed”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to dinner out last evening. Peppercorn steak was what my husband was craving so we thought we would try CHOP Steakhouse since we had not been there before now. We chose to sit in the dining room since the bar area we were warned was noisy.The service was good, thankfully, but the meal was not, apart from the roasted vegetables that came with the main courses. The shrimp and crab cakes appetizer I had was okay, but had little crab flavour. The accompanying dipping sauce was very garlicky which overpowered the cakes.

We ordered pre-dinner drinks: a glass of prosecco for me and a Rusty Nail for hubby. The prosecco was good, but for $10 it was barely two mouthfuls in a champagne glass. The Rusty Nail probably had the same scant quantity of liquid, but we couldn't really tell for the glass was full to the brim with ice chunks. So much for a leisurely drink before dinner!

My husband had a wedge salad with blue cheese dressing that he enjoyed before the main course. His peppercorn steak was tender but he had to ask them where was the peppercorn sauce? The server brought him a dish of it fairly quickly, but it was far too sweet and thick.

I ordered the lobster tail but was not happy with the fact that it came heavily salted and with far too much garlic taste. (I like garlic but not so it overpowers the delicate flavour of lobster) When the server came by to ask how it tasted I said it was far too salty and she said that it must have been the garlic butter glaze that was applied before it was grilled. Someone in the kitchen has a heavy hand with the fleur de sel and must love garlic more than me. At least it wasn't overcooked too!

Unfortunately, that was not the only thing that let me down. The side of wild and long-grain rice pilaf was overcooked to the point of the white rice losing its shape. Sigh...

We shared a sample tray of three desserts, one of which was a lovely raspberry creme brulee. The other two desserts were okay, but not memorable Finally, the coffee. We enjoy good coffee and were very disappointed in the thin brew served. Next time, my husband says, we'll go to the Keg which is predictable and better value for the money.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Shreddershandmaid
Westbank, Canada
“we loved it”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

great people,good food.very nice,would take others for a great dinner,servers made it a great place.

Visited November 2012
“Kids in the Bar/Lounge area”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you want a quiet intimate dinner with your spouse - DO NOT GO to the bar area of this restaurant. To the stunned surprise of about 14 of us last evening at the Kelowna Chop; a gal came in with her 4 year old (approx.) child wanting to watch the Game on TV. They were sat at the booth beside us and my mouth dropped open. WHAT THE H? I mentioned to our server that this was totally unacceptable; she agreed and went to management. They said that kids are allowed in the bar/lounge area and we could move to another table if we wished. The kid was actually well behaved, colouring; but the female staff decided to congregate around their table engaging in non-restaurant need---which then the child left her seat and was walking around the bar. In addition to the gentlemen in the booth next to us who hurriedly ate and left; there were 3 other men at a table glancing over in wonderment at all the interaction. I won't be back and we have for the past 3 years purchased Gift Certificates for our staff at Christmas. That is stopping. The meal -- Mine was excellent -- My husband had to send his back and so I finished mine before his came back. This is the second time we have had to send out steaks back to be cooked as requested or too tough to eat - period. Management needs to listen up!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Chances99
Waterloo, Canada
“Good meal quite time -not blasting the music”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a great meal with out the load music, some playing in the back ground was just right. I usually order the best thing the Chef of restaurant is famous for so that way I won't be disappointed. No disappointment here. all the meals were good. I ordered a filet mignon done to right doneness. I little pricey but a good business meal level.

Visited August 2013