“Kids in the Bar/Lounge area”
Review of Chop Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Chop blends the fine dining experience with a casual setting to bring you "fine casual dining". With an extensive wine list, prime cuts of meat and fresh seafood, Chop is the restaurant to choose when you're looking for a night of indulgence.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you want a quiet intimate dinner with your spouse - DO NOT GO to the bar area of this restaurant. To the stunned surprise of about 14 of us last evening at the Kelowna Chop; a gal came in with her 4 year old (approx.) child wanting to watch the Game on TV. They were sat at the booth beside us and my mouth dropped open. WHAT THE H? I mentioned to our server that this was totally unacceptable; she agreed and went to management. They said that kids are allowed in the bar/lounge area and we could move to another table if we wished. The kid was actually well behaved, colouring; but the female staff decided to congregate around their table engaging in non-restaurant need---which then the child left her seat and was walking around the bar. In addition to the gentlemen in the booth next to us who hurriedly ate and left; there were 3 other men at a table glancing over in wonderment at all the interaction. I won't be back and we have for the past 3 years purchased Gift Certificates for our staff at Christmas. That is stopping. The meal -- Mine was excellent -- My husband had to send his back and so I finished mine before his came back. This is the second time we have had to send out steaks back to be cooked as requested or too tough to eat - period. Management needs to listen up!

2  Thank Chances99
There are newer reviews for Chop Steakhouse & Bar

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a great meal with out the load music, some playing in the back ground was just right. I usually order the best thing the Chef of restaurant is famous for so that way I won't be disappointed. No disappointment here. all the meals were good. I ordered a filet mignon done to right doneness. I little pricey but a good business meal level.

1  Thank Waterloo O
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ate here while visiting Kelowna on holiday. The service was good, the only comment being one steak which was asked for medium/rare had only been flash fried and extremely rare. My steak was also not medium/well done as requested and was rare inside. There is nothing worse for spoiling a meal than sending food back so we didn't bother. Bit dissapointing for a steakhouse to get this wrong but other than that the rest of the meal was good.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

While I wrote earlier, that I had an extremely bad meal in July, I must say, the follow-up I had with the Owner/Manager was outstanding! After numerous caring emails, he not only sent me a gift card for the amount I had spent, but when it went missing at Canada Post, he hand delivered another gift card to me, personally, at my home. I will be trying out this restaurant again in October when I have family visiting.

2  Thank Summerswish
Reviewed August 10, 2013

when the 6 of us get together we are rowdy to say the least. we had a fabulous server! the food was amazing, steak and lobster shared having steak done Chicago style, nothing better. we phoned first a brought our own wine, they charge $20 corkage, which i thought was very reasonable. i would definitely go back, just might try the chop steakhouse in richmond. worth every penny

1  Thank Terri W