“Consistently excellent!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Chop blends the fine dining experience with a casual setting to bring you "fine casual dining". With an extensive wine list, prime cuts of meat and fresh seafood, Chop is the restaurant to choose when you're looking for a night of indulgence.
Kelowna, Canada
“Consistently excellent!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The title says it. Excellent from all angles - service, food, ambience, price. This was not our first visit, nor will it be our last.

• Visited March 2013

Penticton, Canada
“Blown away!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Chop Steakhouse is out of this world. Easily the most beautiful restaurant we've ever dined in. Can't believe we haven't gone sooner. I didn't have steak but the delicious ravioli with a creamy mushroom sauce and the souffle cake for dessert, from heaven!
The staff are so hospitable, and seem so happy. Really great energy there. The Manager was fabulous, very professional and wow does she dress good!. Almost talked her into giving me her earrings haha
Thanks for the fun evening Chop, can't wait to return!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank winegirl888
Kelowna, BC, Canada
“Have the filet mignon. It's sublime.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I took my wife here for our third wedding anniversary, and I couldn't be more pleased about the evening.

The food was phenomenal. Have the filet mignon. Seriously, it was absolutely delicious. We also had the Ahi tuna pillars, the gorgonzola dip, and the mac and cheese for two and can recommend all of them highly as well.

The staff were wonderful. They asked us what the occasion was, and when they found out it was our anniversary they went above and beyond to make sure we had a great evening. When they found out my wife was pregnant, they comped our desserts as ordinarily they would have provided champagne. They even got the entire staff to sign a Happy Anniversary card for us! We were touched.

I only leave reviews for places that treat me terribly, or impress the hell out of me. Chop falls into the latter category by a wide margin. You absolutely cannot miss it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SGaucher
Vancouver, British Columbia
“Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Friendly and warm place to go with friends. Great patio seating in the summer. Good variety of meals to choose from, family friendly.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Anmore1115
Kelowna, Canada
“Solid high-end restaurant”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We decided to try Chop during the annual Okanagan Wine & Dine promotion where many restaurants offer prix fixe menu offerings to lure in custom during a slow part of the year. My wife and I both ordered a 4 course meal off the $35 menu (though my wife actually chose a main from the $25 menu -- which the restaurant had the good sense to accomodate). We were greeted and seated quite promptly though the hostess who spotted us had to get the attention of a colleague engrossed in socializing. The general ambience is quite similar to Cactus Club and I say that possitively. They might though work on not having the TV sports sound competing with the music track. We got a booth which might have been a bit snug for 4 but was excellent for 2. Our servers consisted of a trainer and a trainee about which I have some reservations but the former at least was an intelligent and personable young woman. All of the service was correct and timely so no complaints about that. The meals started with butternut squash soup accompanied by "Winnipeg Rye" bread. For the appy course my wife had crab & shrimp cakes and I had Yorkie sliders (with pretty good horseradish). For the mains (by which time we were already doubting our ability to finish the meals -- portion size is generous) she had Stuffed Chicken Breast and for me Boneless Been Ribs. Our respective desserts were a mini raspberry brule and a sliver of chocolate cake. All good though my beer was a bit on the stringy side. We had a bottle of local wine and a couple of additional glasses plus coffees. With taxes but before tip it was a bit under $150 which seemed at the high end of what was acceptable. Was it good, yes. Were we satisfied with having gone. Sure. Would we go back? Yes though it has not leapt on to our list of Kelowna restaurants that we make a point of going back to. What they are doing Cactus Club or Joey and probably Moxie does just as well or a bit better. [Bonus, the #10 bus stops at the door so it is very, very easy to get to and from by transit]

• Visited January 2013