“Great Hotel with an Amazing Value” 4 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Calgary, Canada
“Great Hotel with an Amazing Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a great time in this hotel. Rooms are clean, Breakfast was good, Service was good and beds were comfy. Bathrooms were spotless. Good location and low prices. Incredible value. I would go back to this hotel and it was a great experience. Couldn't of asked for more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Yellowknife, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We just spent a miserable five days here. I prepaid through Expedia (big mistake) as we did not get the kitchen unit we paid for, and both sides blame the other, so no resolution,and therefore we were unable to leave and find something better.The front desk staff (owners?) are rude and unhelpful, the lady especially. we had a tiny, one bed room with a broken fridge, very poor lighting, bad mattress and pillows, and terrible construction going on from 6 am each day right off the back balcony. Internet connection was extremely patchy and kicked off every few seconds.
Breakfast is terrible compared to every other chain with free continental breakfast. The only positive was the unit was clean even though terribly run down. I will never ever stay here again, and would recommend that this is only a last resort for anyone else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Margaret G

Travelers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was there on a thursday night, come friday the guy kicked me out at 1am after I came back from getting food. I was out all day came back at about 7pm the get ready for dinner. I got a ride from a rigshaw guy and he parked on the street because he had music, I come back at 1am in the morning and the owner had gone into my room packed all my stuff in garbage bags and put it in the lobby, First I never got a call saying he was going to do that, and we were not even in the room being loud.... So he kicks me out aat 1am no were to go had drinks and then tells me to drive my car out the parking lot drunk like wtf. I walked around tell 6am trying to find a hotel. He charged me 420.76 for one night at the hotel.and to top it all off they did not even contact me or tell me to please tell the guy to turn down his music. I am not impressed and would never stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed four nights and we were extremely well looked after. Staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Very quiet and peaceful, spotlessly clean and the room was thoroughly well serviced daily by smiling and dedicated staff. Very well positioned for all local amenities and a lovely walk down to the water. Great indoor pool for a relaxing swim. Look forward to staying there again if ever we visit Kelowna in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim_Sorsby
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Clean, good location, good for small families, small reception but that all what you need for few days trip.

Room Tip: I've got a good room size with two double beds, and the good thing that the other bed located in...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank johnishtyen
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We booked this place through Expedia.ca, which, by itself, was a big mistake. When we got to Econo Lodge in Kelowna, what we got was very different from the pictures and descriptions we saw on Expedia.ca website. The owner blamed the Expedia for the mix up and gave us smaller rooms for the price that we had negotiated through Expedia. Our room came with a balcony that was not accessible to us, but was available to the adjacent room, which was occupied, by a large group of non-English speaking young men who were in town for some kind of sport events. They were acting up like hooligans until 2:00 in the morning. When I reached for the phone to complain to the front desk about the noise, to my surprise, the phone was disconnected. I decided to go to the office and tell someone about what was happening but, yet again, the office door was locked and all lights were off. Nobody was around and there was no sign of any security personnel or other staff members. The level of noise was so bad that I even thought of calling 911 to force them to quiet down, but I decided not to. I personally did not want to confront them because I had my family with me and my girls who were quite terrified stopped me from going out there and talk to them.
Close to 2:00 a.m., the noise died out and by the time I fell asleep, it was around 3:30 a.m.
Next morning, I told the lady in the office and she apologized for that but it was too late.

Lessons for me:
1- will not deal with Expedia.ca ever again
2- will not go to any Econo-Lodge anywhere in the world ever again, especially to the one in Kelowna.

Thanks,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Moez E
Laronge, Sk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This is the third time I have stayed at the EconoLodge. I found the rooms to be clean and quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown or a quick ride to Orchard park. It is a well managed hotel with reasonable prices for the Kelowna area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family