“Great Family Stay”

Okanagan Seasons Resort
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
“Great Family Stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night after flying in to Kelowna and before our trip to a lakeside cottage. There were 5 of us including 3 young kids. We got a one bedroom suite and were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The staff were really, really nice, and helpful with a few unusual requests. The room had 2 nice beds with new pillows and a pull out which was just fine for our 5 year old. There was a regular sized fridge, stove, and a microwave. The A/C worked great and everything was nice and clean. The grounds were great, especially for families with young kids. There was a nice play area and both an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a pretty nice little fitness room. The free continental breakfast was mostly standard fare but also had fresh Okanagan cherries! So all in all nothing bad to say about Seasons and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank jbohay .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I walked into my room and my jaw dropped. The owner needs to seriously revamp. Shame on the owner to offer this standard.
I'm posting a lot of pictures to prove I'm not exaggerating.
- mirror all scratched up
- smells smoky and covered up
- marks along all walls, dirty
- soap scum all over shower and soap holder
- pieces missing off shower knobs and scummy
- crumbs and cardboard bits on floor; not vacuumed
- stains on both chairs: gross!
- scuffs on all furniture
- bed cover needs to be tossed out
- shelving unit completely scratched up
- very old loud a/c
- coffee station had coffee spills
- toilet didn't flush properly and cleaner knew this as I noticed the water on the floor when I walked in.
I did not feel safe here and I was grossed out by the room. I didn't tell management because I was genuinely embarrassed for them.
The card said Amanda 'cleaned' my room. Please go see the rooms she has supposedly cleaned.
This hotel is very run-down and unclean. I was very happy to leave and urge you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Brenda C
GM_okseasons, General Manager at Okanagan Seasons Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. Although I was devestated to read your comments, I take all reviews seriously & use them to continually improve our guest's experience. I sincerely wish that you had brought this matter to our attention so that we could have had the opportunity to move you to a diferent room & offer compensation. I do take strong objection to your slanderous name labelling. This property is a very unique older property & we are continually upgrading all areas as time & finances permit. As you can see from other reviews it is a favorite repeat destination for thousands of our guests. The block of rooms that you stayed in is a section of the property that has not had significant renovations in the last 5 years. That section is statistically a "rent last" for that reason. During high season when demand for rooms is extremely high, that block is often sold out. I also take exception for the publishing of an employee's name. My research has proven that the name you mentioned is not the employee who was responsible for your poor service. Publishing an employee's name can have devestating repercussions for that person, in their position, career & family.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Fairly clean, but the rooms were a bit small and space was tight. It was hard to move around in with 2 adults and 2 teenagers and it felt like we were bumping elbows constantly. The toilet was not flushing properly and the air conditioning unit was old and noisy. The shelving was a nice touch though; allowed us to store our things away. The courtyard was well maintained and it was nice to use the first night we were there. However, the second night, most of the chairs from the tables were taken. Most of the rooms had a bench outside of their patio door, unfortunately our side of the hotel didn't have any benches, so people were taking the chairs (leaving their items on these chairs), so there were no chairs available at the tables. There was also a large group there during our stay and it was noisy. It was hot and would have been nice to have kept our patio door open as well as the blinds, but it was already loud enough with the patio door closed and we certainly didn't want 30+ people looking into our room at us! Parking was also a bit tricky where our room was located. We had to back our truck into a stall or else it would have been difficult to get out. The continental breakfast was all right; nothing fancy or spectacular; regular fare of bagels, breads, muffins (cut in half and bagged which didn't give off a quality vibe), yogurt, fruit and cereal. On the bright side, the outdoor and indoor pools were nice, and looking at the other courtyard area, it seemed quieter on that side. I'm sure this place is nice for families with young children or large group gatherings, but the cons out-weighted the pros for us and we won't stay here again; there are other hotels that suit us better at cheaper prices.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Please accept my personal appologies for your less than pleasant stay with us. The block of rooms that you stayed in is the last of our property to undergo renovations. Time & finance prevented that from happening this past off season. During high season that section of rooms are often all that is available. I have assigned two maintenance personel to immediately correct these issues. Please call us direct for your next booking so that we can ensure a more comfortable room, perhaps a large suite would be more appropriate for your family.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2014

After reading other reviews and seeing pictures I was a little worried on what it might be like when we arrived. We were with a large family reunion and it worked out very well and definitely met the needs of my little family and a great time was had by all. Upon arrival it looked a little rundown, it's definitely not fancy but it's clean and comfortable. Price wise it's very affordable and a great value We were in a two queen bed room located next to the lobby and breakfast rooms. It was a little tight in the sink area but our room was very clean. There are so many places to gather and play. The outdoor pool was well used by the children in our group, as were the game tables at the front lobby area. The staff are super friendly and the groundskeepers and maintenance crew are constantly cleaning and taking care of the place to keep it tidy. The breakfast met our needs, hot coffee, tea, cereals, yogurt, muffins, fruit and various breads and bagels for toasting. The location is great, with lots of shopping and restaurants in a short walking distance. I think the consensus was that we would be back for another reunion!

Room Tip: I don't know why the noise would be an issue. If you have the AC unit on or even just the fan s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AmienSean
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Liked to stay here for the pool and kids play area, use to be priced in the $120 range, and have stayed here many times. Now they are asking $190, for 1960's run down decor and constant highway noise. You can get better value for about the same at any of the other higher class hotels or if you want to save a bit try the any of the other motels, they are all priced in the $120 range with a pool, and with all the parks around you won't have to go far to find fun for the kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim C
GM_okseasons, General Manager at Okanagan Seasons Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thanks for your comments. My research does confirm that you have stayed with us on several occaisions but not during high season & not on long weekends. For your information, our rate structure has not changed for five years!! We have six different room types with various bed configurations & amenities such as full kitchen suites, one & two bedroom suites & a three bedroom vacation rental. Prices vary significantly but are very competetive with comparable accommodation. We still offer discount rates in high season starting at $119.00. Perhaps you requested a different room type on your last stay, or your requested room type was not available. We do not offer any discounts on long weekends. Yes, our property is an older one, however thousands of guests love our uniqueness & continue to stay with us because of our affordable rates & property amenities. We have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last six years to maintain, upgrade & improve our guest experience---all without any increase in our rate structure. I cannot promise that future rates may change, just like the cost of other commodities, but we will always be competetive.
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I recently stayed for three days with a friend and will definitely stay at Okanagan Seasons Resort again. The friendly and efficient staff are second to none. They were very accommodating when I requested a room change for no better reason than that we preferred the view of the courtyard. The rooms are spacious, clean and more than adequate. The location is central and within walking distance of several restaurants. It was a very short drive to the lake where we enjoyed walks on the boardwalk before heading back to a cozy night sitting on the patio right outside our door. We enjoyed the continental breakfast while reading the newspaper provideded.
I found the grounds to be beautifully kept and the staff to be charming and welcoming. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Piedmont, South Dakota
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at here late last summer with a friend of mine. While the housekeeping staff was nice and were fairly consistent with their cleaning. The room was pretty run down and there were hairs embedded in the blankets and the carpet. Apparently ALL the rooms are pet rooms. Also there was cigarette burns on our blankets. AND our tap was really loose above the tub, it looked about ready to fall off.

The staff are super friendly and try to be accommodating but for what they're charging, its just not worth it. This summer I'll paying a bit more to stay at a more updated hotel.

Lastly, I mentioned to a relative who is from Kelowna where I was staying and she told me that there are always cops hanging around the front office and that locals called it the "ghetto" hotel.

Room Tip: Honestly, just avoid this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adele W
GM_okseasons, General Manager at Okanagan Seasons Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I take all comments very seriously & use them as a tool to continually strive to improve our guest's experience. I am dissapointed that I was not notified of your dissatisfaction & the deficiencies during your stay or within a normal time period. Almost a year has passed since your stay & during that time some significant improvements have bee undertaken at our property. There have also been a number of staff changes to ensure better quality control. That being said, please accept my sincere appologies for your less than pleasant stay. We have seen significant improvement over the past year as you can see from our recent reviews.