“Average”

Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Average”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Checked in and had wifi probs. Spoke to them and they had their Internet provider ring me. He had no idea where we were. Eventually he figured it out and told us that the wifi had been playing up for ages and he couldnt connect in any of the rooms either. We were told at reception that its ok and must have just happened. Another review in May said there were wifi probs. So the staff not telling the truth about that,! Hallways stifling hot almost unbearable. With a/c in the halls and good wifi would stay there again probably. Not cheap but nothing seems to be here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
kelownasuper8, General Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
I do apologize for the issues that you raised in your review.
Firstly, the Air Conditioning units do throw off heat into the breezeway areas, as they are removing the heat from the guests rooms. As all of our rooms are outdoor access, the heat usually does not remain in the breezeway. They are normally quite cool.
Secondly, I have our Wireless provider looking into the WiFi issue to ensure that it does not ocurr again. We have 4 routers that cover the whole property, and we have not had issues in quite a while.
I thank you for your comments and I will work with my maintenance and front desk teams to make your next stay Super.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 1-800-563-0991.

Ben Hechter
Super 8 Kelowna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Vancouver
Reviewed May 20, 2010

- Utterly thin walls, could hear EVERYTHING
- While I realize there were several vball groups (we were there for Provincials), there was no hot water the first morning
- 6am shower (before too many people were up) hot water inconsistent
- Evening shower, hot water inconsistent
- Upon checking in, there was a bug on one of the pillows
- Flat, lumpy pillows
- Breakfast: cereal, juice, toast, fruit
- Supposedly free Wifi did not connect, when asked front desk, they said my room was probably too far from the router (I was actually fairly close to the lobby) - no one else on my vball team could connect and we had rooms at various points of the hotel
- older style tv, cable fuzzy

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank CaptainRo

Travelers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Calgary
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Ok, we gave them a second chance. They have a nice free continental breakfast and the room rates are good but......... Our first time staying there was Christmas 2008. After spending Christmas day with family we returned to the hotel and found that the room had not been made up. When we asked about it, the manager looked surprised that we would ask and said he didn't have any staff on hand because it was a holiday. Duh, of course, why would I expect that! I did get a subsequent apology from head office.

This Easter we decided to give it another try. We have two little dogs and there aren't too many pet friendly hotels in Kelowna, what can I say. When we got into our room we noticed that there was no bedspreads on the beds. The beds had white sheets over a thicker cotton pad - similar to a duvet but about the thickness of two normal sheets. We called to the front desk and the young man brought down some blankets. When I asked him about the bedspreads he told me that it was not the style anymore to have bedspreads, just sheets. Oh really?

So over the course of the four days we were there, the white top sheets got dirtier and dirtier, my husband spilled a coffee on the side of one, dogs jumped on the bed a couple of times, etc, etc.

Made mental note - don't stay there again. Who knows what the next surprise would be!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hamish-Robbie
KelownaOperator, Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Hello valid customer. I have recently read your review on our hotel and would like to appologize that your stay was unsatisfactory.
In response to your complaints, we no longer offer bedspreads in our rooms. We now offer duvets on all of our beds and use a technique called triple sheeting. We are pleased to hear that our front desk agent was able to provide your room with blankets to better suit your needs; and also your breakfast was enjoyable.
If there is anything we can do to make your, or future guests more enjoyable please do not hesitate to email Jason at Operations@daysinnkelowna.com
Kamloops
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Front desk clerks both during check in and check out were friendly and helpful. Room was above average, well kept, and most important beds were very comfortable. I checked in under the park and fly promotion (parking is free if you stay one night) and saved a lot of money rather than parking at airport. Hotel is about 8-10 min from airport so very convenient. Breakfast and free wi-fi were great perks as well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill052_9
Toronto
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Hello all, I planned a trip with my parents to visit BC and Kelowna was one of our stop off points. I booked this hotel before our vacation even started. Let me tell you, this hotel was an outstanding place to stay! When I booked the hotel over the phone the representative was very professional, kind and helpful. When we arrived to check-in we were three hours early. Check-in time is 1500 and we arrived I believe 1200. They were very kind to allow us to check in early because our room was already cleaned. Let me add, the main entrance to the building (where you check-in) looked so pleasant, clean and comforting. It gave us that relaxing feeling which makes a big difference. The room was fantastic! It was a decent size, clean and neat. The beds were extremely comfortable and the customer service was great! Another great thing about this hotel was they offered a free breakfast. That was convenient for us because we were traveling to a different city in BC every day. To have breakfast ready when you get up in the morning was awesome. What more can I say guys, you will not be disappointed if you decide to book a room in this hotel. Great beds, big room, clean, great customer service, free breakfast and best of all, very quiet. No distractions and no noise. Good luck!

• Liked — Comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2008

I came here for Easter with a friend on a wine tour. Days Inn was one of the more affordable places that we were able to book online. It's simple and basic. You actually drive up to your hotel room door and park right in front of it.

Overall, the room we had was clean. Each morning, we took advantage of the continental breakfast they offered. At the time of our stay, I think there was some sort of sports event going on so the breakfast area was filled with loud teenagers. Aside from waiting to get a seat (or in my case bringing breakfast back to my hotel room), everything was fine. The lobby also had a courtesy computer for hotel guests to use the internet and check their email.

Location of the hotel was on a main road so it was very convenient to go to various places in the city.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
Langley, BC
Reviewed October 23, 2007

My wife and I, along with 3 other couples, booked two nights at this hotel as we had a wedding to attend in Kelowna.

We met two of the couples at a function as soon as we arrived in Kelowna, as we were running late and didn't have time to check into the hotel first. They had already been to the hotel, and relayed to us that they were less than impressed - the rooms were a mess, and the discounted rate they were expecting was not honoured.

When we arrived at the hotel later that evening, we checked in and got our room keys. For some reason, we actually did get the discounted rate. So far, so good. We used our room key to get into "our" room. As we opened the door, it was obvious the room was occupied - suitcase on the floor, underwear on the bed, open bags of chips on the table - you get the idea. We returned to the front desk, where the girl explained that no, our room should be unoccupied. We assured her that it was occupied, and they gave us another room, which was an upgrade, at no extra charge.

To be fair, our new room was more than adequate - it was certainly big enough, with a seperate bedroom, a good size TV, and if you ignored the stains on the couch, seemed to be quite clean.

We left the hotel and went out to meet the late arriving third couple, who planned to check in and meet us for drinks. When the third couple arrived at the pub, they told us that they had been to the hotel, but were told they were full and had no rooms available. The hotel knew how to take the reservation, but not how to hold the reservation. They had to check into another hotel instead. Likely a wise move.

A friend and I returned to the hotel to see why the hotel had apparently given our friends' room away. The poor girl at the front desk was sympathetic enough, and I felt badly for her, as she had obviously just started this job. As such, she didn't have any answers for us about all the various things that had gone wrong thus far, but urged us to stay the night and talk to the manager in the morning. She didn't seem surprised that things had gone badly - she was clearly getting used to it.

Those of us who had rooms decided to stay - at this late hour finding another hotel would have been more trouble than it was worth.

At around 2 the following afternoon, we received a phone call from a panicked manager rudely reminding us that check-out was at 11. (We’d been out all morning.) We explained that we knew this but weren’t scheduled to check out until the following day. He assured us that we were wrong and were actually checking out that day. After a bit of a confrontation over the phone, he hung up and left us wondering where we would be staying that night.

Eventually, we found out that the room they’d told our friend they didn’t have for him (so he went to another hotel), was actually available and had remained empty all night. Because of this, the hotel would be able to offer us our room for another night in exchange for the empty room which they could offer to someone else.

In short, this may be the poorest run hotel in the country. A sort of Fawlty Towers without the laughs. There is really nothing to recommend - the hotel wasn't in a particularly good location - and other than the poor girl working the night shift at the front desk, the staff was spectacularly unhelpful. It's an adequate hotel for the price, but the poor, disorganized service will leave you shaking your head and wishing you had stayed anywhere else.

• Liked — Our room was a good size.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business