“Good price and met our needs”
Review of Days Inn Kelowna

Days Inn Kelowna
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Cowtown
“Good price and met our needs”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Motel style accommodation in a convenient location. Clean and comfortable, room with 2 queen beds was a bit small but fine for our 2night stay. I am very sensitive to chemical smells and fragrances and after reading previous reviews I was a bit concerned but am happy to report that while we could smell cleanser on arrival, it wasn't offensive. The breakfast is typical: lots of bread, bagels and muffins, yogurt, cereal and hard boiled eggs. Nothing special but enough to get you going in the morning. Fine for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank jewelsmum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Vancouver
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked in with my young daughter for a weekend to attend a local competition. Unfortunately, there were some other sports teams also booked in where the children ran wild and made noise to all hours. Another party in our group actually left in the middle of the night to go to another hotel. Not really the Motel's fault, but not the only issue.. . . The chemical smell upon entering was overpowering. The noise from the adjoining room's plumbing was very loud. The bathroom tile was mildewed. The breakfast room did not have enough tables or chairs for the number of people who needed breakfast. Worst of all, no hot water in the shower! They offered to switch me to another room on the second day but it was late and I was too tired to put in the effort. The next day I skipped the shower and went out for breakfast. They took $10/night off my bill, but I would never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank C M
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to stay for one night in a 32 hr marathon trip to Kelowna and back (to Edmonton). After checking the usual websites for a deal I ended up booking directly when the price was the same.

Check in was a breeze. There were a number of teenagers floating around and I was told there were a bunch of "teams" booked in. I jokingly asked if we would be upgraded for the inconvenience. The clerk asked if I would take an Executive Suite which only had a pullout for my co-pilot. She explained this would actually help a lot for how busy they were. I accepted based on the name alone plus I wasn't the one on the pullout.

The room was nothing fancy right off the elevator but was very clean. It had a small living area and a bedroom divided by a wall. The usual bathroom but with an extra door to make it an ensuite for the king (me).

I was able to check out the outdoor pool and hot tub but didn't use it due to the rain. Not very big and there were a number of things (leaves?) swirling around in the hot tub. The area around the pools was clean so the weather may have been a factor.

The front desk girl was very friendly and once checked in provided us with a few places to get some food and a number of drinks. She sent us to exactly the type of place we asked for. That being, good food and atmosphere that wasn't sketchy. It turned out to be about a $25 cab ride to the waterfront.

After returning to the room for a very comfortable sleep I was back on the road. My friend stated the pullout was "actually not that bad." Check out was a breeze with only one person ahead of me. The tub was slow to drain and when I advised the desk she made a note immediately for maintenance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Steve M
Grand Forks, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a very nice place for the money spent. The room was clean & quiet, the bed was great although the pillows are pretty firm. They have the best continental breakfast I have had in ages, with lots of goodies to choose from! It's close to Costco & many other stores and it's a direct shot to downtown in only a few minutes. The staff at the front desk are friendly & very helpful. I WILL stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are super quiet.