“A nice place to stay”
Review of Days Inn Kelowna

Days Inn Kelowna
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My sister and I have spent two nights at the Days Inn. The location is awesome from the airport and it is close to most everything. We arrived later in the evening and we were tired. Check in was quick and easy. We got to our room and it was nice. A little dated, but it was clean and it had our needs met for our short stay. The price was right. It has restaurants very close. We had a good bed and lots of pillows. The wifi was excellent. Breakfast was offered with our room rental. It was ok...not great but ok. The normal stuff, pancakes, muffins, bagels, toast, boiled eggs and cereal, milk, juice coffee and tea. It was enough for a quick start for a day. Check out to was very easy and quick. This is a good stop if you are just using the place to rest a tired head and be off early in the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
KelownaOperator, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a good sleep on our new pillow-top mattresses.

We pride ourselves on offering an affordable, clean and confortable hotel to stay at and we are glad that we met your expectations.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'm disillusioned at why people would give this place 4 stars, seriously. The carpet in my room looked like it was well travelled by people with pets.

Your right, one shouldn't complain when paying just over $90 a night, it's no Westin, Fairmont or even a Delta Hotel so it shouldn't aspire to be one. What I do think makes up for a basic property is service and cleanliness and they get one star for cleanliness and the other for price point. Light switches were filthy.

Don't be disillusioned by the renovated contemporary lobby area. When you make your way to your room you'll be surprised to see were they sunk all their money.

The front desk clearly saw us pulling in to check in and promptly left her front desk post as we stood there waiting for someone to check us in. The property was noisy and we could hear the guests above us as we'll as outside. On one occasions I got out of bed and asked if they could continue their conversation inside or in the lobby. The other time at 1am I dramatically opened the drapes to stare at a group of people talking loudly outside our room. They were clearly not going to be asked by the front desk so I took it upon myself to do it myself.

As I write this is can hear a woman sneezing in the other room! I'm sure if I reached out far enough I could probably hand her a tissue from my room through the paper thin walls.

I'm glad it's only for one night!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iflyalotornot

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was uncomfortable. I am unsure as to which room your occupied, however pets are only allowed in designated pet rooms that we have available.

I have spoken to the front desk staff and we take your concerns seriously.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room was modern and clean but relatively small and the bed was quite hard. We checked out the pool and discovered that it is not heated therefore way too cold in September! But the hot tub was nice. The continental breakfast was probably the worst we have ever had, not much selection, mostly bread products. It was lacking in fruit & yogurt. We also had to ask for it to be refilled when it was totally empty an hour before the breakfast period was over. Also, the housekeepers were rather loud in the hallways quite early in the mornings. Overall, nice enough place but could make some improvements.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest response. I am glad that you enjoyed the hot tub and I apologize for breakfast. Our DayBreak breakfast does include bread products, but also pancakes or waffles, fruit, eggs and cereal.

I have taken your concerns to the housekeeping manager and she has spoken to her housekeepers about their noise level.

Once again thank you for your review

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The room is small, but tidy and comfortable. Good bedding. Bathroom floor corners all around weren't clean, somebody's being lazy. A tiny toilet out the fifties, good for kiddies maybe, not full size adults. Great to have a flat screen TV and WiFi. Not a bad location.
Nice front yard area, dingy parking lot. All in all, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
KelownaOperator, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and bringing your concerns to our attention.

I would like to let you know that we do have many spacious rooms that are larger than our standard rooms which you stayed in. We are glad that you enjoyed our new beds and had a good sleep.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I Stayed at the Days Inn Kelowna Sept 2012 long weekend I must say I received excellent service. The rooms were clean, the staff was amazing and the service overall was just great. The hotel was easy to find and being there on such a busy weekend the staff were so quick and energetic. I will definetly stay at the Days Inn during my next visit to Kelowna.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
KelownaOperator, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Gabriel
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always great to hear such positive comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass on your review to all our staff.
See you again!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

stayed at the Days Inn in October last year.
We arrived late, the night staff was professional & gave us what we were looking for.
Room was clean, modern, comfortable, and nice patio just outside to park the car.
Everything was good. Expectations met. I would go back there anytime! Until next time'

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had the pleasure of first staying at this property in the summer of 2011 and have returned again as our experience has been awesome! The facility is well maintained and the management staff are extremely accomodating in every aspect in ensuring our stay was comfortable and as enjoyable as possible. The coffee is always fresh and always availiable ! , the pool is good size and located perfectly for poolside lounging, parking is never an issue and continental breakfast is very good and another awesome feature to the overall great value this venue has to offer. This has become "our " vacation resort in Kelowna for its overall comfort , presentation , friendly service and price , an "Excellent" choice for your next Vacation !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob S

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay.
See you next time!