“Excellent breakfast”

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here with a team in September. Great location with a Old Spaghetti Factory across the parking lot. Has a beer and wine store on site - some would find this a plus, some a negative - didn't make a difference to me. :) The breakfast was fantastic in an attractive restaurant setting. Staying there again in March!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Capri for 4 nights in December and were quite pleased with our experience. Our room was very nice (if surprisingly small for a "Superior" designation). The renovations have them down to one little elevator, with poorly functioning floor buttons (you have to press the button repeatedly to get it to work), but the hotel was quiet, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was pleasant.

Hot breakfast buffet was included with our room, and we ate in the restaurant 3 mornings - the service was friendly. The buffet was basic, and acceptable, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it. Fruit selection was a bowl of chopped melons (when it was filled - the first day it was empty except for a couple leftover bits). One day there was no bacon (that's a basic, I would expect). Muffin selection is the low-grade greasy crap that's now being sold in coffee shops across western Canada (including Second Cup and others) - you know them by the dark brown paper, soaked through with oil... So, as I said, it was included with our room, so was basically free... and we got a little more than we paid for.

We wanted to use the pool, but it's poorly located on complete display to everyone eating in the restaurant, so we ended up not going for a dip. We did not use the gym, but it looked like it is well equipped.

Front desk staff were friendly and attentive. Maid service was friendly, and our room was very clean. We enjoy the location of this hotel - walking distance to everything in downtown Kelowna. There's lots of parking. And we paid a very good rate, so were very happy with the cost of staying here.

Considering the other hotel options nearby, I would definitely plan on staying at the Capri again on my next trip to Kelowna.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The lobby and rooms were very nice - clean and well decorated and the bed was very comfortable. My first night there, I could hear the people in the next room talking. They weren't partying - just talking - I don't expect to hear that in a hotel. Also, my dinner in the lounge/grill took 2 hours. I didn't have anything special and there was only me to serve, but I arrived at 6 and left at 8. It took forever to get a menu and every step seemed to be at least a half hour. I also ate in the fine dining room and it was a very different experience - good service and I was out of there in 40 minutes. I will stay there again because I always stay at Coast hotels when on business, but I wouldn't stay there with family due to the noisy rooms and slow service in the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

There is nothing much to speak about this hotel. Rooms are clean but too small to accomodate 2 adults and one child. They have a nice small pool. Lobby is good, Staff needs more training on how to deal with customer issues. I will give this hotel another try during my visit to Kelowana early next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Capri always does a great event. We have attended a dinner and dance almost every year for the past 10 years for a local Club. Food good, room good, service good, location central to Kelowna. ...........................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our drive in entrance to the Capri was a little confusing..seemed only one way into the front desk turn around. Once we were in, the front desk staff were very friendly and had our reservation and room ready. The hotel had had a small fire and some renovations were being done though they did not effect our stay at all. I was attending a conference and the meeting rooms were easy to find and the main hall for the Awards Ceremony was comfortable and suited the event (some chairs in some hotels and hall facilities believe me ..are not!)
Our room was facing away from the pool and and on the main floor. My vehicle was easy to see in the parking lots Our room in the evenings was nice and quiet and relaxing. Some of the other conference participants did have some noise complaints because their rooms were above the bar where the entertainment for the evenings were (though good singers) a bit too loud and clear in the room. The room however because it was a business trip was alittle on the small side. Did not accommodate all my paper work and lap top at the same time
. The convenience of the hotel is great, restaurants and shopping within walking distance which was nice. Even the lake front park was just a short walk away (though our stay was in late September the weather was spectacular)

We did not have any meals at the hotel other than conference meals which by the way were good and well displayed.

Room Tip: depending on your stay requirements we found the north side of the building quieter for the stay. N...