“Great Quality, Friendly and Helpful staff”

Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
saskatoon, Canada
“Great Quality, Friendly and Helpful staff”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great bed, clean room. Very QUIET hotel. Continental breakfast offers everything you could want in a breakfast and pleases every age range and diet (even offer gluten free). Hotel staff is great, very accomodating.

1 Thank Wendy Ed C
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your terrific review. I am really pleased to know that your stay with us was so comfortable and enjoyable, including our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Thanks for recognizing that it is extensive and does offer a wide variety of items...something for everyone!

Thanks again for sharing your great comments. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future!
Warm regards,
Rosemary Paterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The location of the hotel was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were in Kelowna for medical purposes and the hospital was very easy to access. I enjoyed our stay very much and plan to return at the end of next month for another hospital visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to know that my team was friendly, welcoming and helpful. We do try our best to ensure our guests feel like this is a home away from home.

Thank you again and we'll look forward to welcoming you back next month for your next hospital visit.
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My first impression when seeing hotel from street was, "Yikes, I'm not sure about this." Once I entered my room, however, I was very happy with the choice my employer made.

Innovative lighting was the star of the room. Besides the four table/floor lamps, there were EIGHT lights recessed into the room's ceiling. In addition, there were several switches so I could adjust the ceiling lighting to my preference. Also, the high ceiling had attractive crown molding around the room.

Bed was firm, flat, very comfortable, and was triple-sheeted in the modern duvet style. Two phones in room (one cordless). HDTV and refrigerator in room (also a microwave, dishes, cutlery and kitchen sink in my suite). Work desk with office chair and several plug-ins. Free internet too.

Bathroom was the other star of the room. A black faux stone floor made it look absolutely luxurious. A nice touch every hotel should adopt! In addition to regular lighting, the bathroom also had two recessed ceiling lights. Bathroom also included a lighted makeup mirror and the little extras like a sewing kit and makeup remover. The bathroom was extremely clean with nicely polished fixtures. There was also a full length mirror on the outside of the door.

Finally, virtually every room (if not all) had a patio with chairs. A VERY nice perk if you're staying here during the beautiful Okanagan summer.

Hotel also had a very large pool (in a tall glass atrium) that was 20 - 25 metres long and two outdoor hot tubs.

Free breakfast had a large selection including omlettes, scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, link sausage, fried potatoes, waffles, bread, bagels, English muffins, regular muffins, croissants, yogurt, bananas, apples, cold cereals, instant oatmeal, 3 juices, coffee, and tea.

Finally, hotel had tower and courtyard rooms. My room was in courtyard. My corporate rate was $90 for a regular room (I got lucky on the upgrade).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Wow...Thank you very much for your fabulous review! I truly appreciate your thoroughness of commenting on many aspects of the hotel…thank you! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently coordinating the project of painting our exterior and dressing it up a bit as our exterior is not as exciting as other buildings. Our priority has been to ensure that the guest rooms were as modern and updated as possible so that’s where we’ve renovated over the last several years. I’m not certain which room type you were in as we have several types of suites but I’m so happy to know that you enjoyed it.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments. We will hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a nice hotel. We stayed in the tower on the eight floor and the view was fantastic. This room had a king bed and a little living room area with a gas fireplace. Very cozy unit. Bathroom was huge with a glass shower and a tub as separate units. TVs are huge with great picture. We did have a water problem but it was solved in minutes. No biggie. Recommended.

1 Thank Buckwheat999
Thank you very much for your terrific review! I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in what we described as our Executive rooms with a gas fireplace. They are a really nice set up, providing the guest with a small sitting area as well. Our apologies for the troubles with the hot water and I’m glad to know that was rectified quickly.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here the last couple of weeks both in tower and lower level rooms. The beds are comfortable however they have had boiler issues recently on 4 occasions there was warm water but no hot water for shower and sinks. Their explanation boiler issues and gave me credit and food voucher. Just stayed again last night and this am same issue no hot water only warm water. Was going to stay another 3 nights but that was final straw checked out this am and booked sheraton instead so make sure you have hot water if you plan on staying here

Tommy

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you Tommy for your comments. I'd like to extend my sincere apologies for the problems that you've experienced. We had plumbing work done on Feb 6th and since then we've had sporadic problems with hot water. Unfortunately, the link between the work on the 6th and shortage of hot water at certain times of the day wasn't realized until the 18th. The mechanical system is extremely complicated and we've had plumbing and engineer people in this week to correct the issue. We believe we have the solution and are working diligently to correct it today.

Again, please accept my apologies. I hope that you will consider trying us again in the near future. I would ask that you contact me directly at 250-979-6901 to make your reservation so I can take care of some details and ensure you have a wonderful stay.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The rooms are first class and the complimentary breakfast is the best that I have ever had. There is a wide variety of food to choose from. The location is conveniently located in proximity to malls, restaurants, and grocery stores.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your terrific review! It is always wonderful to know that our guests enjoy all aspects of their stay with us....and it's great to know that our breakfast "knocks it out of the park"!

Thanks again and we will hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel, and we were in the tower. It is located right in the middle of the Kelowna, close to shopping and good restaurants near by.
Our room was comfy, had a nice view, and quiet (though it did get louder in the morning with all the sports teams leaving).
Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the central and easy location of our hotel within the city!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with our readers. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!