“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, when I mentioned I would like a different accommodation I was not only switched to a different room but also upgraded. Great room, very clean and comfortable. My only regrets was missing the buffet breakfast everybody is talking about because I decided to sleep in. But there are many restaurants close to the hotel, I did not go hungry. The hotel is very centrally located and only a few minutes drive from a beautiful waterfront.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased to know that our team provided you with excellent service and that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your visit to Kelowna and the waterfront area.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we'll look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The rooms are nice, the staff was not accommodating to my friend who wanted a microwave in the room and some other requests, but they were accommodating to my request for a particular cleaning time. Overall a safe bet, but unfortunately there was no hot water on the first night of our stay. Not necessarily their fault, but still a huge negative. A nice location, but a little noisy if you're bothered by road noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for your review and sharing your comments. I am really sorry that you experienced the hot water tank issue and do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, equipment malfunctions do occasionally happen in all businesses.

Also, my apologies if my guest services team came across as unaccommodating with regards to a microwave in the guest room. We do have 35 one bedroom suites that have microwaves and permit the cooking of food but we don't put microwaves in the remaining 141 rooms as these are not designed for cooking food due to smells and other issues.. We do provide a microwave in the Atrium (where we serve our breakfast every morning) which allows guests to heat up food 24 hours per day. I regret the inconvenience.

I am pleased that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and thank you again for sharing your comments. We will hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent two nights here. The staff were warm with their greetings and very helpful in finding our way around both the hotel as well as Kelowna. The room was spacious, well appointed, bright and cheery. The full breakfast was just that, more than ample choices in the bright atrium. It will be on our list for a return stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review of our rooms, facilities and our hotel team. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects and will look forward to your return visit!

Many thanks again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very pleasant staff who are most helpful plus they have an excellent hot breakfast to start your day with. The room was well appointed with a sizable balcony. The beds were very comfortable. The grounds of the hotel were very well groomed with lovely flower gardens. We also enjoyed a lovely meal in there adjoining restaurant that was reasonably priced. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your terrific review of our property. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us including our delicious hot breakfast buffet and our "ORA kitchen & bar" restaurant!

Many thanks again and we'll hope to have you join us again when you return to BC.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Its the cleanest and nicest hotels my hubby and I ever stayed in Kelowna. Each Fall we come to Kelowna to stay for 2 nights at least and for the last 4 years we tried different hotels. Finally, this year we stayed in Best Western. What a difference! Highly recommended. Great Customer Service as well. Truly enjoyed our stay!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of our property and hotel team! It is always wonderful to hear from our guests and to know that our training and extra touches make a difference to our guests. It will be a pleasure to share this with my team!

Thanks again for sharing your comments with our readers. We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights mid September. The purpose was for a group reunion of 30+ adults. I cannot find one fault with this hotel (except for the price of drinks in the bar). Our room was ground floor with access from the hallway and also sliding doors onto our small patio. They even provided robes & slippers in the room. Close to the pools (indoor and outdoor). Hot buffet breakfast in large dining room was varied & more than expected. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our reunion included a buffet dinner provided by the hotel and it was superb in quality and quantity. We had several people from the USA in our party and they were equally impressed. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you so much for the fabulous review! Wow, it's so great to hear that your large group all enjoyed themselves so much and found all the amenities and facilities so impressive. Our aim is meet all guest expectations and it makes me proud of my team to read this review. I'll look forward to sharing these comments with the team!!

Many thanks again and hopefully we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this property for a meeting. I am also in the hotel business so tend to look hard at the properties where I stay. The staff at this property seem genuine, that really care about you. The rooms were very clean, modern and comfortable to work in. We stayed in the tower to also had a great view of the Valley. The recently opened up a breakfast area, that has a great feel to it and the breakfast was great. Additionally this hotel takes their Green Initatives seriously, You have to check it out for yourself.
Keep up the great work !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your great review! It is wonderful to know that a manager in the hotel industry (and as a general rule, we managers tend to be pretty critical...and I'm one of them!), recognizes the care and attention to detail that our team puts forward every day in ensuring guest comfort is met, and all aspects are working smoothly. I'll be very pleased to share this with my team.

Thanks again for sharing your comments. We'll look forward to welcoming you back in the future.