“Good hotel but a few things missing in the kitchen”

Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hotel was clean. Full kitchen suite but didn't have a dishwasher, dishrags, papertowels or a frying pan. Otherwise, hotel was clean, in good condition, and bed was comfortable. Staff were professional and friendly. Would stay again but not if we plan to cook in.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but sorry to hear that the kitchen suite fell short in some ways. None of our suites are fitted with dishwashers, but all of them should have the dish towels, dish cloths and frying pan. They must have been removed and not replaced so please accept my apologies. However, any of our team should have been able to provide these if you asked housekeeping or the front desk. Again, sorry for the oversight in this regard.

Thanks again for sharing your comments. We hope that you'll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was very comfortable, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the warm continental breakfast was the best ever. It is located on Highway 97 and even though there is a lot of traffic, the room was quite quiet for sleeping. The room was spacious and nicely appointed and very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank so much for your terrific review. I am really pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all aspects of your visit.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and hopefully, you'll return for another visit soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed for 1 night - NOT the big room others had described. Looked out onto a concrete wall and could not open the door to the outside. Claustrophobic - too bad as we were in desperate need of a 'day away from real life'.

Room Tip: Either the tower one a room out to the grassy central area would be lovely!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you didn't have a large room as some others have described...these are the "deluxe" rooms, one step up from the standard. I've tried, with no success, to determine which reservation and room you were in to ascertain location etc., however, I'm do apologize if the patio door lock gave you some trouble. We do have maintenance and security on site 24 hours per day to assist with any challenges that may occur, so always be sure to notify the front desk if there's a question.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and comments. I hope that you will try us again and we can find a room type more pleasing for you.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Starting staying at Best Western Plus hotels over the past 2-3 years, and have always enjoyed a consistent very high quality of service and hotel accommodations. I was on the 8th floor with a king bed and a sofa bed for my son. Hot breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, stuffed egg sorta like a mini omelette, bacon, sausage and potato cubes. Various fresh fruit, 3 types of breakfast cereal, waffle maker, various breads, and juices. Large eating area with comfy high back seats is something I rarely see. I was in Kelowna for my son's baseball tournament, so didn't really know much about the area except that it was close to the park. I was pleasantly surprised by all the businesses within walking distance of our hotel. it was about 10 mins from downtown kelowna which suited me fine as I heard it was quite busy down there over the BC day long weekend. Bathroom was huge buy hotel standards, separate bath and shower. I was impressed that the water pressure was very strong, eventhough I was on the 8th floor. So many times I have been in hotels where the water pressure is really low for some reason. The water faucet for the bathtub definitely did not lack in pressure, and filled the deep soaker tub in about 5 mins - that was impressive. The pool, though not very big, seemed very popular, as was the 2 outdoor hot tubs. Very clean, and the cleaning staff were friendly. The only small negative, and partly my fault for forgetting to let the staff know that the fitness center had only about half the equipment operational. Nevertheless, I still managed to get my workout. Having said that, not sure that room is used much anyways. Would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again if I find myself back in the neighborhood again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your very positive review. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. From your description of the bedroom and bathroom, you were staying in one of our Executive rooms. I'm glad that you were able to partake in the complimentary hot breakfast buffet served in the Atrium....we try to ensure that we have lots of variety!!

I'm sorry to hear that there was a problem with some of the exercise equipment and I'll be following up to ensure all pieces are working correctly. My apologies as I was unaware.

Thank you again for sharing your great comments with the readers here. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We and another couple wanted to stay here spontaneously and the staff were very gracious, booking our rooms close. They were very clean, with a balcony, robes, and the bed was very comfortable. We were on the second floor, facing the pool, of the two-story units. At over $200 per room, however, it is difficult to give this place the highest rating. We are from the US and the additional taxes put this room at a very high price. Having said all that, we really did enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and all the services provided. July and August are the busiest months of the year so this is when the price is the highest. I believe that we are very competitive in pricing for the services and amenities offered, especially with all the extra touches we put into the guest rooms. Very few hotels can offer full balconies or patios on every room, or a grass courtyard area to relax or play in, a pool with a glass wall that opens which allows direct access to lounge chairs in the sunshine, a pub and a restaurant on site plus a full service Wellness Spa.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and choosing to stay with us. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I spent 3 nights in this Best Western and overall the experience was great.

We arrived to Kelowna at 10AM well before the check-in time. I called the front desk to see if we could go in early and the response was positive. The lady took my cell number and called back about 20 minutes later to say a room was prepared early for us.

The entire stay the hotel was quiet, very clean, and the breakfast which is included was more than acceptable. Obviously not high gourmet, but certainly acceptable...there were waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, muffins, and an assortment of drinks

I would stay here again

Room Tip: Very clean, friendly staff, great Customer service. Oerall a great family experience
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am really pleased that you had such a lovely stay and found our facility very clean and our team members extremely friendly. I will be very happy to share this with all the team...it helps to know that their efforts are appreciated. Thank you!!

Thanks again for your thoughtful comments. We will hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in Kelowna on business and stayed one night at the Best Western Plus. It was a great stay. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was excellent.

I am a runner and wanted a 10k route, the person working front desk planned out a really nice route for me along Mission Creek. It was great a route and I'm thankful for his recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you so very much for your great review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced some of our terrific customer service. I will be happy to share this with my team!!

Thanks again and hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future...maybe for a pleasure trip!!