“Good value and facilities.”

Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Good value and facilities.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean rooms, very friendly and helpful front desk staff, convenient location and very reasonable rates. We checked in a day early and the front desk helped us settle in. Breakfast selection was great. Rooms were quiet. We didn't get charged for wifi although it was a bit slow. We will stay here again when in Kelowna.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review about our hotel facility and staff....we greatly appreciate your positive comments and I'll be happy to share them with our team!

Thanks again and we'll hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Rosemary Paterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nanaimo
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. The room and the hotel was very clean and comfortable. The beds were so comfortable and we slept very well. The breakfast selection was excellent, something for everyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I am really pleased that you enjoy your room, the amenities, the beds and the breakfast. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet recently moved back to our Atrium providing a bright, spacious and larger breakfast offering. I am happy that you enjoyed it!

We'll look forward to having you stay again.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Shocked to see such a charge for wi-fi which was so weak, which is pretty much par for the course with hotel wi-fi.
Otherwise everything great here. Breakfast was exceptional. Nadine was so helpful getting us set up with a cot for our room. Housekeeping staff most accommodating and friendly!

• Stayed June 2013
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your great review however, I must correct you on one point. There is no charge for the wifi internet...that is complimentary. I was able to find your hotel stay and check your billing. There is a $15.99 charge for the Lodgenet movie that was watched from the room; that is the only item standing out on your hotel bill.

I am very pleased to hear that our team members were able to accommodate you with the other requirements during your stay with pleasant efficiency.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the future.
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had wanted a late checkout but the front staff were not very accomodating. My work in Kelowna was finishing about 1:00 and wanted a 2:00 PM checkout. Even as a platinum member it was denied. First time in many years @ any BW. Other than that a great hotel for all occasions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for you review. I am sorry that our Front Desk team was not able to grant a late checkout request of 2pm; depending upon our arrivals expected that day and the room type that you are in, sometimes a late checkout is not an option especially with arrivals are expected at 3 or 4pm. I do apologize as we do try to accommodate our Platinum and Diamond members but it isn't always possible.

I thank you for your understanding and again for sharing your comments with me. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
Alberta
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I booked this place sight unseen.
It was my first stay in Kelowna so I had no idea what to expect but I do like the Best Western chain.
I am not a fan of the big cement looking tower hotels in cities (they are usually the old dumps) so as soon as I arrived I was concerned. Not that it looked horrible or anything but I asked the reception how old the place was. They were not sure but they assured me it was renovated regularly. I went ahead and checked in and went up to my room in the tower on the 7th floor.
Not only was my room up to date, it was really nice, up to date and spotless.
You can tell they are not cheap when they renovate. I could not find one single flaw and I am quite picky. If you stay in a room for a few days and look around a bit you can find flaws, not in this case. The view was very nice and it was super quiet in my room.
The reception was very nice and professional (although I came in one night at about 1130 pm and the receptionist guy was on the phone having a super loud and argument sounding conversation that seemed work/shift related).
Buffet breakfast was good but I wish they had just regular scrambled or fried eggs.
Not everybody wants meat and cheese mixed into their eggs.
I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: I liked the 7th floor, so quiet and a great view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel. It sounds as if you're a well versed traveller and I appreciate the thoroughness with which you judged our hotel. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your tower room, but let me assure you that all the rooms are equally attractive and well maintained.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your complimentary hot breakfast in the Atrium. We recently brought the full buffet back to the hotel Atrium which is large, bright and airy. We are just fine tuning our breakfast offering and yes, we are putting in scrambled eggs into the mix of breakfast choices!

I do apologize for the night auditor having a loud phone conversation at the front desk and will have a review with them both to ensure that they don't let this happen again.

Thank you again for your positive comments and we'll look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Hinton, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

12 Guys on 4 day golf trip. Rooms were great. Sleeping on super queen bed facing courtyard with morning sun shining on the balcony. Restaurant was pretty good. Bar was awesome! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Easy to find and and get around. BONUS!!! Golf Town right behind the hotel. I'm not kidding!! Golf trip and Golf Town next to the hotel = Glory!!! Beware of the traffic in the breakfast buffet. Food was awesome!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review of the hotel! I bet you were in your glory with golf, sun and Golf Town surrounging you at the hotel! I am really pleased that you did get to enjoy the other aspects of the hotel, including the restaurant and bar and appreciate your feedback here.

The breakfast has just moved back in the the hotel Atrium which is large, bright and spacious so that will now help with the flow of people for breakfast. And the food is still wonderful!

Thanks again for sharing your great comments for our readers. We'll hope to be able to host your next golf trip or family vacation as well!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed overnight at this hotel wow the room was as big as my flat and the bed was huge if you fell out though you could hurt yourself due to bed being high. Fantastic facilities in room. Cannot fault.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve H
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that we were able to "wow" you with our facilities and amenities. We take great pride in our establishment and the team works very hard to ensure all aspects are at their best.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. Hopefully you'll come back for another visit and stay with us again!