My second time here in the last couple of months. I love their suites, the kitchen is small but very useable and a great value for a family with a couple of kids. Only three minor complaints:
1) I was told when I checked in that they dont give you Best Western Rewards points when you book through Expedia because the rate you pay is too low. What kind of Rewards Club is that? If I pay more you'll give me points? Why would I do that? So you are rewarding suckers who don't know how to book the best price? Seems unfair and not worthwhile. DItch the rewards club. Sorry suckers, but apparently if you didn't use expedia you paid too much.
2) The breakfast is normally quite a good deal here with hot pancakes, bacon, eggs, and made to order omelettes. But on the Saturday they ran out of coffee (quickly replaced though), milk (not replaced), yoghurt, fruit, and the orange and apple juice both tasted funny and were cloudy....too much time in the containers out of the fridge I guess. Tough to maintain a breakfast like that with hit and miss attendance during the shoulder season I suppose. I think staffing is always an issue too...I couldn't see anyone at the restaurant that looked over 20 years old working there. The next day however, breakfast was much better and almost all items were there and didn't taste funny. The kids working there tried the best they knew how.
3. I asked for an extra blanket and a pillow when I booked as a special request on the on-line booking form. They weren't there when I checked in. I called the front desk and I got them. Minor item, but if you want 5 out of 5, make sure all special requests are looked after. Did you hear the story of the Fairmont in Toronto where a guest put down "pillow fort", the staff complied, and the story went viral on social media. Give it a try.
I will stay again, and I am sure the manager of this hotel will research and improve on these minor items where possible.
Strangely enough, the first item bothered me more than the others. Probably because that seems misleading. I have been a BW Rewards member for many years and that is the first time I was told that my stay was ineligible for rewards points. Just give me a couple of points and I'll be happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- National Environmental Award Winner! 176 Rooms & suites. Private patios or balconies, many overlooking our 1 acre garden courtyard Restaurant, Pub, Fitness Room. Indoor/Outdoor heated pool, 2 outdoor hot tubs, Wellness Spa, FREE Hot Breakfast Buffet served in the restaurant, FREE internet access in all guest rooms and in our Business Centre. Conference / Meeting Rooms. Centrally located, close to great shopping, award winning wineries and championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Best Western, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel Kelowna
- Best Western Hotel Kelowna
- Best Western Kelowna
- Kelowna Best Western
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites Okanagan Valley