“Great value.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver
“Great value.”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Westen Kelowna. Very central location. The outside of the hotel looks more rundown than the inside. The inside has had a great renovation, including the guest rooms. Very beautiful! Bathrooms had granite countertops, awesome toilettries, a small patio with lawnchairs outlooking the pool area. The hotel also had a great little bar with a nice live band, as well as a very trend restaurant and bar attached.
For the $120 we paid per night, we slept very comfortably, we had a fantastic buffet breakfast included and enjoyed the lovely hot tub and pool facilities. The spa onside has had great reviews as well. All around a very great place that had a lot to offer and you cannot beat that price. We will stay again.

Negatives: very few, the t.v. remote was very hard to use, the channel button would not do anything, even when you aimed it at the target indicated right on the t.v. our friends staying in other rooms had the same problem.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
patersonKelowna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us! I truly appreciate your candid feedback. Yes, the exterior of our hotel isn't as updated and trendy in appearance as we would like it to be, however, we have made every effort to ensure that it is the interior of the hotel and guest rooms that has received all the renovation funds! And I am so pleased to see that you noted some of the special features and amenities that we offer.

We are in the process of changing out one brand of TV in some 20+ rooms which isn't working well with any remotes....and now we offer the new Best Western "clean remote", ensuring it is ultra clean!! Hopefully this will eliminate the challenges.

Again, thanks for your comments. We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
Rosemary Paterson, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Regularly stay at this hotel when in Kelowna. Location is excellent, all rooms are very well appointed, but suites are even better. Modern, clean, spacious - everything you need for a night or a week. Breakfast here is more than most hotels offer...very good variety and quality of food. The pub downstairs is a great place to meet friends and has good food too. My kids love the pool and outdoor hot tubs. Can't wait to return for our next stay!

Room Tip: if in the tower, you'll want a courtyard facing room. Our suite was on the south end facing int...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you! We are so pleased to hear this is "home away from home". That is what we are trying to achieve for each and every guest. Our kitchen suites do allow for cooking and more space for a longer stay. I am glad that you had a chance to try out and enjoy several of the hotel facilities and amenities...did you try our "Wellness Spa"?

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and tips. We will look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Kelowna.
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while in town for business and was pleasantly surprised. It was an easy check-in and when I got to my room I was blown away. The bathroom looks to have been recently upgraded with granite counter-tops and marble/tile floors. It was exceptionally clean and the additional amenities provided by the hotel were top-notch. As mentioned by others, you are provided with vouchers for free breakfast in the morning and the quality of the food is fantastic! The room itself was comfortable and quiet but my only issue was the bed - it was very firm. If you like a hard bed you will no doubt love this room! Despite the hard bed, I will definitely look to stay here again should I come into Kelowna for business or for personal travel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
patersonKelowna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I'm very pleased to hear your appreciation of our hotel rooms as we try very hard to ensure our guests are enjoying a home away from home. I'm not sure what area of the hotel you stayed in as all our rooms have been upgraded to granite counters and new tiles, but glad you liike it!!

Beds are tricky and we do receive many many compliments on the great sleeps however, I certainly appreciate some people like beds a little softer. Our new geothermal heated section of the hotel, built in 2010, has brand new beds which are softer. Maybe you could try a room in this section for next time and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again for your kind review.
Trail, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The new buffet breakfast included with your room is a bonus!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
patersonKelowna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Wonderful! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast buffet served in the restaurant and all other aspects of your stay! Thanks very much for taking the time to share your comments.

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed one night February 17th on business. Room was clean and neat. Very friendly staff. The Breakfast was very good and staff cleaned tables right away. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Room 828 -Nice view and it is on the end.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding this past stay while on business in Kelowna. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness, friendliness, amenities and breakfast that we provide. The team will be very happy to know their efforts are appreciated!

Many thanks again and we'll hope to accommodate you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have been in Kelowna for business quite a bit latley and have tried all the business hotels in Kelowna. The Best Western Brand is not my favorite but this property has won my loyalty and is exceptional in every way.
The staff are eager to please, customer driven, very large hotel rooms with some of the most comfortable beds, nice linens, big fluffy bath towels, very nice amenities, cozy decor, bath robes & slippers..plus a very nice breakfast with made to order omlette's. When I ate the breakfast it was fresh. Swimming pool, hot tubs, steam room, very nice courtyard and a bar on site. What is not to like. The only con I have is the distance to use the north courtyard rooms makes me feel like I am to far away so I stay closer to the lobby. Do yourself a favor and try this hotel out for a great comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Courtyard room in summer abd a tower room in winter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Moduline
patersonKelowna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review about our hotel. Our team is very proud of our property and I'm pleased to hear that their wonderful customer service shows. We are constantly trying to improve standards and amenities for our guests and I am thrilled to hear that you appreciated so many aspects of the hotel!!

Also, that was a great tip you offered to the viewers about room types and seasons! We have a uniquely shapped hotel with many different room types throughout and the main building offers easier access in the cold of winter.

Thanks again and we will hope to see you return in the near future.
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Ok so the room was really nice ,the pool was not deep good if you have a 8 yr old but the brunch included scares me as I came in late around 10am and the food looked like it was sitting out for 4 hrs and I watched them mix in new food with the old thanks so wrong but resturant is same owners of hotel so just watch it

Room was clean maid really took her time to make sure all was perfect, location good beds are really comfy too

Room Tip: as for a big real it's worth the extra buck
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank candi f
patersonKelowna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your review however, I am shocked to hear about the breakfast. We pride ourselves in superior quality food, service and standards. The actions described here are unacceptable and not tolerated. I will certainly investigate and rectify this situation immediately. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention as truly this is not a practice we condone.

I hope that you will visit with us again and be reassured of our high standard in food quality.