“Great service”

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
BC, Canada
“Great service”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Nice clean room, comfortable bed and pillows. My staff actaully booked me at the other Holiday Express on the other side of the lake by accident, but upon my arrival the hotel staff here had me 'transferred' in minutes. I did have limited internet access in one of the rooms, but they sent someone up to my room right away, and found a room with a better signal, great customer service!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, in fact we found the whole town to be very hospitable. The hotel has nice amenities but the one thing I was disappointed about was we stayed there for 3 nights and the housekeeping staff only made the beds and changed the dirty towels. The toilet stayed dirty and they never vaccumed the floor or wiped the counters. "Housekeeping - Express?". This was the first time I had ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express so I'm not sure if that is the standard type of service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2011

At first, I was shocked at the $180 per night rate at the Holiday Inn Express. But, once I checked in, I felt I received great value for my rate.
Parking is free, which is not unusual in Kelowna. I received a bag of cookies and an internet code upon check in. There is a pool and a fitness centre, and the hotel is only a couple of years old- nice and new.
The rooms are huge with great furnishings. The beds are comfortable, the chairs are also comfortable, and the accent tables are very useful. There is a proper desk chair (black faux leather style- not an old dining room chair!), and the rooms have great flat-screen tv's, fridge and microwave. The in-room coffee isn't great, and bring your own shampoo :)
The pillowcases are embroidered for firm and soft pillows. How clever!
The continental breakfast looked terrific, and is in a designated restaurant area (not just tucked in a corner of the lobby).
There are friendly security guards on duty overnight. I love it!!!! No worries about loud, drunk guests on summer vacation waking me up at 2am! Joy!

Room Tip: BCAA/CAA rates available. Airmiles offered
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel has been recently extended and has had some refurbishment, so try and stay in the new wing (seen to the right of the building when entering the main doors).

Great staff, always friendly and good customer recognition. Great breakfast, as you'd expect in a Holiday Inn Express, and this one has a decent pool and fitness centre to boot.

Great little hotel, perfect location - we'll be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but those in newer block are really great
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
York, UK
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kelowna for one night. The rooms were very clean and the staff pleasant and attentive.

It's about a five minute drive from the lake and main business/shopping (downtown) area of Kelowna.

We very very surprised at how good this hotel was and would definately stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Whenever I check in to this Holiday Inn I'm always greeted by the friendliest staff. They always try to make my stay very comfortable and look after me better then any other hotel I've stayed at.
The rooms are well suited for the price, and the included breakfast has a wide variety of food to choose from.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We stayed one night here on our way to the Rockies and that was enough for us. The room was reasonably clean and spacious, and room rate does represent good value for money. I don't like a lot of noise when I sleep so I had to ask to be moved to the back of the building as the traffic noise at the front was too loud (even with the double glazing) and it was going to be 24/7 as the hotel is on Highway 93A. The staff were super friendly and gave us some good tips on where to eat. I would definitely avoid the "complimentary" breakfast and find somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple