“Excellent”
Review of Poppadoms - Taste India! - CLOSED

Poppadoms - Taste India!
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Highway 97
Description: Poppadoms is a little family-run restaurant in Kelowna. For us, wholesome food starts with great quality raw ingredients. That's why we make our own paneer using local dairy. Our naan bread is made using local organic eggs. We only use seafood that's sustainably caught. Plus, all of our meat is free-range. Where possible, we like to change our menu seasonally to make the most of what the Okanagan and BC has to offer. We want to re-introduce you to Indian food and show you how each region in India is different with tastes, spice blends and techniques.
Vernon, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food is excellent! My wife and I are big fans. I recently ordered large portions to pick up for 15 adults for her birthday and despite being short-staffed, the owner delivered as promised and then some. He knew it was a special occasion and communication was great to make sure everything was how we wanted it. Because of their attention to detail and great food they continue to win our patronage and have earned many new fans as well!

Our favorites are the butter chicken and korma (beef). We highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank None0001

“Terrible .. Horribly overpriced”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Being a huge fan of Indian food, I was sure that I would love this restaurant because I heard the food was good but small portions. Well all I left with was a 147.00 bill and a hungry stomach. The portions were so small that after I had dished up my meal (with rice) it only filled up a quarter of my plate. The service was lousy beyond belief. We asked for saffron rice, and got basmati and the waiter didn't even apologize to be quite frank I think he possibly might have been ready to quit soon because he didn't really care about what he was doing. The food although good (not great) was not value based and was marked up 3000 percent at least on ingredient cost to at the table ratio. I seriously would not reccomend this restaurant to my worst foe. Do yourself a favour don't do what I did and go by the reviews of how great it is . I guarantee unless you have the appetite of a squirrel and have the patience of a Buddhist monk you will leave the place with a hole in your wallet and a frown on your face.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank talunkwan
Kelowna, BC
“best Indian cuisine in Kelowna”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is our very favourite place to go for a great Indian meal. The menu is different and fresh, and changes seasonally - they have some 'usual' favourites (such as butter chicken), but they put their spin on things to make them unique. They use fresh, locally sourced products wherever possible, and the food is terrific! We have taken part in their cooking Master Classes as well, and that is a great way to spend a day!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank taralid
Kelowna
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Was excited when i first heard a new Indian restaurant had opened in Kelowna. I finally Ate here and wouldn't go back. Food was ok, service wasn't anything special and portions were small for the price. Prefer chutney's restaurant for Indian food.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kelownacouple
Calgary
“Very good Indian food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Samosa - mild spice on Samosa. Fried to a golden crispy brown. Delicious.

Papadi Chaat - Medium spice served chilled. Tasty and seasoned to perfection and was perfect on a hot summer evening.

Bengali fish. Fish is nice. Lightly browned and cooked just right. Not dry at all.

Cilantro naan has buttery flavour. Garlic naan is tasty with crushed garlic.

Butter chicken is medium spicy. Made me break into a sweat. But so good!

Masala Dosa is a crepe Indian style served with Sambar chutney, coconut chutney and a tomato lentil chutney. All three go well with the crepe but the coconut was my favourite.

Server returned often to refill water. Also have a lactose free menu. And a gluten free menu. Great atmosphere and authentic.

• Visited July 2013