“Great new find!”
Review of Poppadoms - Taste India! - CLOSED

Poppadoms - Taste India!
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Highway 97
Description: Poppadoms is a little family-run restaurant in Kelowna. For us, wholesome food starts with great quality raw ingredients. That's why we make our own paneer using local dairy. Our naan bread is made using local organic eggs. We only use seafood that's sustainably caught. Plus, all of our meat is free-range. Where possible, we like to change our menu seasonally to make the most of what the Okanagan and BC has to offer. We want to re-introduce you to Indian food and show you how each region in India is different with tastes, spice blends and techniques.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went online and found this Indian restaurant last night..so glad other people had reviewed it as we had a great time! Family owned and operated with "grandmas recipes". Just perfect heat and great service! Would definitely recommend this restaurant! Go early and then hit the movies!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love Indian food, and this some of the best I have tasted. Great selection of vegetarian dishes. We were on our way back from skiing, so we asked if we could take our order to go. They were very helpful and packed up our orders in to-go containers. Delicious!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We drive from Vernon just to eat at this restaurant a 45 min drive but worth it.They have a chef from Nepal and his cooking is fantastic. We were last there for the wine and dine and experience a taste of Nepalese cooking the spices were a awaking of all your taste buds. It is a family run business with brother and sister running the front end (I believe) the service is outstanding the food is unbelievable good and worth a drive from any where in the Okanagan. If you go make sure you make a reservation because it is always busy.

1  Thank Pamela F
Reviewed January 25, 2013

On a whim my husband and I decided to go to dinner and we decided we wanted Indian. Poppadoms was where we opted to go. When we walked immediately I noticed a lovely atmosphere, good music, beautiful smells. Our waitress came right away and was informative and friendly. We were not dressed up and this did not phase her in anyway she treated us as she treated others who perhaps were a bigger bill than we were.
She made suggestions as it was my husbands first experience with Indian cuisine, which we went with.
We started with Paokuras which were amazing and even though they were fried they were in no way greasy, I had the tikki masala which was beautiful and my husband tried the korma which again was lovely. Both came with naan. We didn't drink anything other than water as we were getting the full experience with the flavors so all of that with tax and an $8 tip for service came to $55. in addition we both have a full dinner of left overs for another day! So all in all Great place wonderful atmosphere I will tell my friends I will suggest it and take family and friends there. Its very hard to find a great place in Kelowna so great work!

1  Thank Shandii2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This place was amazing - what a great dining experience. First of all love the decor - "Indian Chic". Modern but warm colours and Indian music add to the atmosphere of Indian dining. As with plenty of Indian restaurants, family owned is part of the appeal-mom is literally in the kitchen. The waitress was very proud of their establishment and gave plenty of background information on the dishes and was keen to suggest meals that given our preferences we might enjoy. Being a vegetarian, this place has lots of options and will even offer a vegan menu! Unheard of with most places so instantly won my heart. Must try the veggie pakoras - they are huge and you can actually see the onions, parsley etc which isn't usually the case with most deep fried pakoras. Loved it, loved the service, the food the atmosphere. Would drive here again in a heart beat when I get a craving for Indian.

1  Thank Caitlinda