“Good Indian food option in Kelowna”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Poppadoms - Taste India! - CLOSED

Poppadoms - Taste India!
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Highway 97
Description: Poppadoms is a little family-run restaurant in Kelowna. For us, wholesome food starts with great quality raw ingredients. That's why we make our own paneer using local dairy. Our naan bread is made using local organic eggs. We only use seafood that's sustainably caught. Plus, all of our meat is free-range. Where possible, we like to change our menu seasonally to make the most of what the Okanagan and BC has to offer. We want to re-introduce you to Indian food and show you how each region in India is different with tastes, spice blends and techniques.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Indian food option in Kelowna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I travel to Kelowna a lot for business. My business partner and friend lives there. I was there in September and wanted to eat Indian food (being from India and vegetarian). We chose to go to Popaddom which is on McCurdy. It was a week night so the restaurant wasn't too crowded.

You have to order ala carte off the menu and they have a good variety. All their food is freshly prepared so it takes a bit of time to get the food. But the food quality is very good and the portions quite generous. They have a good mix of north and south indian food on the menu.

But the place is expensive. Expect to pay about $25-$30 per head. Food in Canada is anyway expensive. I will go there next time I am in Kelowna and need some Indian food.

Kelowna, Canada
“save your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I would not return to this restaurant if they paid me. I would consider myself a foodie, and a lover of indian cuisine and this is not it. Regardless of how the animals were taken care of before they got to the table the food, taste, portion size and flavor is mediocre at best. The staff is obviously trained to rave but the prices are gouging for the quality and portion sizes. Although rice and naan are available for free, if I dont have enough curry to compliment these, what could I do with an extra free bowl of rice? Although it is obvious that this place is family owned and operated, the humble presentation seems like a farce. I wouldnt recommend any other indian restaurant over this one in kelowna however, but the service here is classless. They also do not do late nights as we learned quite rudely from the owner.

3 Thank jos_9
Regina, Canada
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Heard wonderful reviews about this place, everything from the service, to decor to the food was awesome! Best dish i have had in a long time! Thanks for making our family night out a wonderful and tasty experience. We will be back.

1 Thank Lucy D
West Kelowna, Canada
“Best Indian I have had in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I'm no Indian connoisseur, but this is definitely some of the best Indian around, and is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants in the Okanagan Valley. I have only been twice, but both times were excellent. The service was great, and the food comes out fast and is always so delicious! The restaurant has a clean and modern decor, and the staff are all very friendly. The prices are reasonable for the quality of the food. So far I have had the butter chicken and the chicken tikka masala, both excellent and some of the best curry I have ever tasted! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves curry and delicious food in general!

1 Thank jackobean_101
Edmonton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I visited Poppadoms on a busy long weekend and the food was fantastic, flavorful and fresh. The service was exceptional and the owner went out of his way to accomodate my food allergies but still provide a delicious meal. I have already recommended this restaurant to several friends visiting the area. The decor is lovely, the food is great, and the personal service we received was superb.

• Visited August 2011