“Holdup in the kitchen?”
Review of Cafe Soleil - CLOSED

Cafe Soleil
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We serve Breakfast All Day. Open 7 days a week. Monday to Saturday from 7am to 3pm and Sundays and Stat Holidays from 8am to 2pm. We use fresh ingredients and make our own soups, burgers and breakfast potatoes in house along with salsa, dressings and dips.Our prices are very reasonable and we take pride in providing fast and friendly service.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went for breakfast today and had to send a meal back as the order was wrong. Instead of the kitchen making it a rush so all 3 of us could eat together fixing the order seemed to take forever and 4 or 5 orders came by as we waited probably 20 minutes.. Eventually I shared my now cold meal with my daughter and we cancelled the replacement order which came up just as we were leaving. Not sure where the disconnect was, but for similar prices to White Spot where they would fix the order immediately, the service was awful. Really enjoyed my previous dozen visits but not sure I'll go back.

2  Thank Rob794

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to Cafe Soleil at lunch time today ( 8/25/13) and got the only available table which was promptly cleared and our orders taken Half and hour later my order arrived and the waitress said there was a problem with my wife's order and the kitchen was angry with her. Half an hour later I had finished my meal and my wife's still had not come so we paid for mine and left.

Whatever the staff dynamics and whatever mistake the waitress had made a cook who takes revenge on an innocent customer should be demoted to spend the rest of his/her life washing dishes - the old fashioned way.

3  Thank Art P
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by my friends acquaintance. My friend is an expert on breakfasts. It's the favorite meal of the day! So eggs, sausage, ham, bacon, bring it on and that is exactly what you get and well presented as well as tasty.

I however am not a big eater. The poached eggs were great and toast was wonderful. The next morning for me was a very delicious omelette. Well presented with a piece of fruit. Delicious.

Sunday morning was very crowded. We had to wait for a table. Both tourists and locals seem to frequent this place. A yummy bakery with decent prices

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went for breakfast today. Daily special priced at $4.00 plus tax offers choice of 2 eggs cooked to order or sliced tomatoes, plus choice of bacon, ham or sausage patty, plus choice of grilled potatoes, hash browns, toast or 2 pancakes. Very fresh and husband's pancakes were a good size. Grilled potatoes had some green onions and were piping hot. Scrambled eggs were light and fluffy and not dry as sometimes can be. Particularly impressed that server repeated back our order, precisely. Was a steady flow of customers, including some regulars.

1  Thank reynoir2
Reviewed June 25, 2013

How can it be when owner is present the place runs smooth and when she is not there I have now had 3 not very good experiences including today. Walked in, no greeting, sat myself down, waited to see anyone come over, no, went to get my own menu, both servers ignored my existence and as far as I know I am not a ghost, was not even wearing white. Got a server's attention finally and not warmly greeted and no sorry and all I got was a grumpy face. ordered right away, was not asked how things were which the food is always good, left zero tip though and got a frown pretty much for that. Wow, I am not rushing back, good food and all!

DKPerley, Owner at Cafe Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Hi,
I have asked Cheryl to address your concerns with the two staff members who were on duty on Tuesday, June 25th. We would be happy to reimburse you for your meal.
We also appreciate that you took the time to write a review. This will aid us in improving our service for you and others in the future. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of attentive, friendly and courteous service which we had hoped you or any other guest should receive regardless of who is on duty at the time.
Thanks,