“cute little place” 3 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“cute little place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

went for a grape stomp, good people and a cute little place.

Salmon Arm, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great, relaxed environment and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the House of Rose Winery. When you approach on the driveway you get the sense that you've happened into a friend's back yard and that's exactly how comfortable I was made to feel. The staff was helpful and encouraged me to enjoy not only the wine but the quiet surroundings. I sat in the shade under a tree and chatted with the owners while I tasted. I was also impressed by their support of local area artists - a definite bonus as I left with art and wine that day. Worth the very short drive off of highway 97 and not difficult to find. I'll definitely stop in and visit them again.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank TracyS4
Tappen, BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoying my Hot Flash for once!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

My husband I visited House of Rose and were pleasantly surprised by this new red wine "Hot Flash" . We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with the owner Wouter, had a relaxing time at the picnic area and left with our summer wine stock. I recommend you visit this and the other nearby wineries when you are in the area.

I see there is one very negative review, sounds like sour grapes to me.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Arlene M
Kingston, Canada
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great for the gals trip and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Visited on a weekend getaway with girlfriends. Did several winery tours and tasting and this was one of our favorites. Loved the atmosphere and ambiance. We even got to see some artwork by local artists.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank altarose22
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful service, fun staff, good wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

We visited House of Rose in early August. It was part of the new East Kelowna WIne Trail (4 wineries located in the same area) and thought it was wonderful. We took a tour and did a tasting and the fellow (he is one of the owners - a Dutch guy) who served us was great. They have this wine called HOT FLASH - created for women my age which I loved and a really nice dry Riesling (very dry) - both a very reasonable price (the red was $17.90; the Riesling $14.90). The grounds were full of flowers and while we did not sit and have a glass of wine there were people doing that - it looked like they had their own lunch with them and had bought a glass of wine to go with. All and all a great experience.

1 Thank NancyCal