“Great Hotel but Watch the Surcharges”

Comfort Suites Kelowna
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great Hotel but Watch the Surcharges”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in July 2014 with my son. Pool and slide were great. Many swims were just the two of us. Room was comfortable. Didn't like the $4 per day "marketing fee". Didn't feel I should have to pay this after spending $209 a night. Other than that it is a very good hotel and centrally located.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Barney22222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
vancouver island
Reviewed July 24, 2014

on COMFORT INN SUITES Kelowna...
Double and queen suite...
Beautiful new rooms. Beds very comfortable. Staff is very friendly and accommodating

Caution..if you have a CPAP or other medical equipment that requires plug next to bed....difficult to access..I needed to pull mattress from wall. Plug is located behind and between box spring and top mattress...not well thought out.
Rooms are very nice and clean...and thank you...plastic Cups. This hotel passed my test....very quiet...good wifi....
Pool had too much clorine. My eyes burned just entering the room. Waterslides were great for the kids in the pool. Our Grandson really suffered rest of night because his eyes were very red, he was
okay after good nights sleep.
BREAKFAST....
Served scrambled, sausage, waffles, pastries, cereals, juices, coffees.etc. Good variety and included in price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel last weekend (July 19, 2014). the overall image is good, staff is nice. BUT..the airconditiong of room 416 was not working properly, we phoned the front desk @ 10:30pm and complain about it, she told us it's because of the power interuption..ok we buy it, an hour after she phone us and say the power is back...BUT ...our aircondition is stil not working, we end up opening the window and just turn on the fan.....and sleepless night a total DISCOMFORT..
AND THEY NEVER OFFER A COMPENSATION......oh yeah they do..a discount..BUT as the front desk says.."you already have a discounted rate,I can't gave you one anymore...what else I can do,Oh! you like chocolates..I said NO...(frontdesk) what about I will put a note, that next time you check in you will be discounted..I said They will be no next..(frontdesk) .Oh sorry for that...Do I recommend this Hotel after my experience to my friends...NO...NO...NO

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ymee2014
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was great-very spacious and well-equipped. The two beds were queen size and the bedding was duvets with washable covers of a high standard. The property is dog friendly with poop bags and cookies supplied at registration. We didn't use the pool but it has a water slide and many children seemed to be enjoying it. The breakfast bar was well supplied and complimentary coffee and tea were available at reception. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KathleenMarjorie
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and i stayed at the Comfort Suites in Kelowna for two nights in early July as we were in town for a wedding. First impression when we got to the hotel was a modern, well maintained business with ample parking. When we walked into the lobby the front desk staff member I believe her name was Taylor... was SUPER friendly and gave us a warm greeting. Checkin was very fast and we were in our room within minutes. The room itself was very modern, spotless and spacious. It included a mini fridge, and all of the amenities that one would expect. I needed some water/snacks though and the hotel has a little snack shop right next to reception that has all the necessities. I had a few questions about the internet, etc and had to phone the front desk. Once again Taylor was very courteous and professional and answered all my questions. The free wifi was fast and worked great, no issues! I wanted to order a pay per view movie one night which they do not carry, BUT this hotel actually has one of the better selections of TV programming that I've seen so I found a free one and it was no problem. Other items like the shower, blackout blinds, air conditioning etc were all great. I was a little hesitant when I discovered that our room was right across from the elevator, however everything was super quiet and it was not an issue at all. The breakfast is complimentary and the selection is great. Bacon/Sausage depending on the day, eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice, pastries, and they have those awesome waffle makers where you can make your own waffles (I really love those things). The express checkout was super easy, you can just leave your keys in the room and go without having to wait in a lineup. Which leads me to my last point... and what makes Comfort Suites a hotel at the top of my list.

My wife mistakenly left her purse on the bed and did not discover it missing until we left Kelowna. I spoke with the manager "Carla" who was absolutely excellent to deal with. She was professional, courteous, and she went to look for the purse herself. She personally located it, sent a picture to confim that it was the correct purse, and even sent a confirmation email with the tracking number when she shipped it back to us. I've worked previously in the hospitality industry for ten years. I have stayed at and dealt with many hotels and staff all over the world from Asia to Europe to North America. I can say that the followup, professionalism and communication that I received from Carla and Taylor were absolutely "top notch". My wife and I would not hesitate to stay at the Comfort Suites again knowing that staff who would go to those lengths for us are in charge.

VERY impressed, many thanks to Carla and her team for a great stay and a happy outcome. I look forward to staying with you again!

Best regards,

Mike

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This property's emphasis on its water slide was threatening, but other than wet footprints in the elevator, we never knew it existed. Warmest greeting by a front desk crew that we ever received got us off to a fine start. They responded to our request for a quiet room by locating us on the top floor on the side opposite the water slide. As quiet as it could be! (Good soundproofing, too.)
Breakfast area and housekeeping appeared to be understaffed for such a full house during our stay, but management pitched in to help, so we experienced only minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: If a peaceful stay is desired, request a room far away from the water activities.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnandGlo
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you so very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found your room more quiet than you feared:) Summer typically is very busy for all Kelowna hotels and I agree, the team at the Comfort Suites truly do "jump" in to do whatever they can to ensure that the guest has a great stay.

We truly hope to be able to welcome you back on your next B.C. travels and will ensure we keep up that warm welcome you received this time. Tip- Wednesday is our warm welcome cookie day-freshly baked cookies always brings a smile.

All the best,

Kind regards,

Carla Carlson
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had a pleasant two day stay over spring break. The king sized bed was so comfortable, and the kids no complaints about the sofa bed. The buffet breakfast was delicious, and the kids loved the water slide. The only downside was the large groups of kids in town for a hockey tournament. They were racing up and down the hallways. And playing hockey in the halls. It's not the hotels fault that the parents weren't monitoring their kids, but they should have stepped in and contacted some of the coaches/managers of theses teams and given a general warning. I've travelled as a sports team, and this info would have been recorded when reserving a block of rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us at the Kelowna Comfort Suites. I so appreciate your favorable words regarding the hotel and the morning hot breakfast.

You are absolutely correct- We do provide a code of conduct for teams prior their arrival and we truly do find the many coaches and managers are dedicated to ensuring a professionally managed stay for their team. At the end of tournaments, at hotel level, we do make a list of concerns if any, and provide follow up to the tournament organizer for their future reference and for our future years availability. Thank you so much for your comments regarding this; regardless of a team or individual travellers, or families, we truly do appreciate all guests enjoying a safe and pleasant stay.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back on your next Kelowna adventure. All the best always,

Carla Carlson