“Great for families”

Comfort Suites Kelowna
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 23, 2013

our family had a super time. Kids loved the shallow pool and water slide the deepest end was only 4' so adults could sit on the side while kids swam. The included breakfast was so kid friendly even for my son who is an incredibly picky eater he could enjoy his favorite cereal and milk, they were very easy going about nabbing a plate of food and taking it back to your room which was great because my husband was not ready to get down there to eat by 9:30am! The lobby always had complementary fresh coffee and ice water, and I really enjoyed the fruit baskets placed around the halls so we could grab a quick healthy snack on the way to and fro. Proximity to all the new big box style restaurants and shopping was handy. It was only about a 10min drive to the trendy downtown area and lake front. the only negative is I would not stay here as a single person or couple the place is totally family oriented and packed to the brim with crying babies and screaming kids and teens, the small pool is not size appropriate for adults and too small to swim lengths. Most of the rooms face the highway you can't hear any road noise because the sound proofing is excellent but a highway view is not exactly what I would want to see if I was there to relax with my husband. Rooms were clean and modern, all the staff was very friendly and helpful. Over all my family had a great time.

1  Thank Elise W
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Its great that your son enjoyed his "favorite cereal' and you found our hotel to be great for families. Kelowna summers are perfect for is family vacations and weekend family staycations- our indoor waterslide is a natural draw for families. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience and we look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next Kelowna adventure.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Arrived at Comfort Suites Kelowna without a reservation. It is a well located, impressive building and we received an equally impressive and warm welcome by Adrienne at the reception desk and a stop-to-greet by Manager, Carla Carlson.
Opening the door to Room 213 gave us a relaxing “ahhhh” moment; clean, well appointed, quiet, cool and comfortable.
The spacious room hosted a comfortable kingsize bed with quality bedding, bedside tables, drawers and large flat screen tv. The ‘livingroom’ portion of the room offered a desk with conveniently placed plugs, complimentary wifi, comfy office chair; a sofa (which may serve as a second bed), coffee table, beverage counter with fridge, microwave and coffee making supplies; closet with safe and ironing apperatus; a spacious bathroom with tub/shower and limitless hot water. The place sparkled.
The room was so inviting we didn’t want to leave, not even to use the inviting pool or the hot tub or to go to the pub next door; so we didn’t and opted for an in-room picnic dinner.
The included breakfast was most satisfying with hot options including bacon, eggs, sausages and make-your-own waffles. The juices actually tasted like juice.
There was one embarrassing ‘glitch’ … entirely our fault … and the hotel handled it with such gracious hospitality they gave us a ‘Wow moment’ which are all too infrequent in today’s hospitality business.
We seldom give out a score of 5 but it is well deserved Comfort Suites Kelowna; we are most pleased to recommend you to others and look forward to an opportunity to stay with you again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a room with a 'view' it is best to ask staff to help you with your se...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your WOW moments on trip advisor. :) Truly, your positive comments are sincerely appreciated. I am pleased that you enjoyed your Junior King Suite room and the various amenities of the hotel. Thank you too for mentioning our teams welcoming guest services. We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next Kelowna stay. For now, all the best

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked a queen bed/double bed suite for my husband and two small children. When we arrived, and entered our suite, we discovered it was actually just one room! When I asked at the front desk about it, they said it was a classified as a suite because it has a 2 ft glass partition that separates the beds from a small sofa. I explained that I wanted a real suite (a room with a separate bedroom) but of course they didn't have one available. In all previous experiences at any other hotels I have never experienced something like this....so we stayed in our 'very special' way overpriced suite and swam in a freezing cold pool with our children until their lips turned blue. I will never stay at another Comfort Inn because they misrepresent what they have to offer.

2  Thank Michelle S

I sincerely apologize that you found our Queen and Double bed room type not suitable for your family. You are correct, we do have larger family rooms with separate beds rooms that really are perfect for large families however, they do book quite quickly in the summer. I do thank you for your comments and will ensure that our team, in addition to our website virtual room tours, are better able to describe the various suites that we do provide. Thank you for taking the time to make me aware of your concerns. May I at this time, wish you all the best always,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Over the past 5 years my family of 4 has stayed at 4 different properties in Kelowna and I have to say Comfort Suites has been the best experience for the dollar. Staff were consistently friendly, looking for ways to assist us. They spoke with candour and sincerity. This property is celebrating its 4th anniversary, and the rooms, lobby and common areas are in excellent condition. Great value for the dollar. A couple of tips: get down to the breakfast room before 830 as it can get very busy. A coin laundry is provided for hotel guest use.

Room Tip: Although I check out prices via the internet (Expedia, Hotels.com etc) I like to phone the property...
2  Thank AvidTravelerEdmonton

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely do wish to be able to welcome you back on your return visit to Kelowna. Thank you for acknowledging our "fourth birthday". It's always wonderful to hear our guests tell us that they think we are still "brand new". Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments- and we truly do look forward to being able to welcome you back next year. Until then, have a wonderful summer

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We moved across the street to this hotel because we needed more room for our family. My husband negotiated a very decent rate, considering it was July long weekend. He dealt with Lee, who was helpful and pleasant. However, the next day he dealt with Jhodie, who seemed to take an immediate dislike to him. She said we couldn't have the quoted rate and raised it by $100 per night. She made my husband wait at the front for over 5 min while she hid in the office. She finally emerged when he called the hotel on his cell. She was not pleased with his tactic! The next day I told her twice that the air conditioning in the main room wasn't working. It was +34. I don't know if the maintenance person ever did check it. Other than dealing with her, the hotel was very decent.

2  Thank J T
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide comments regarding your recent stay.
I do appreciate your high scorings on our hotel's location, rooms, cleanliness and value. I do apologize however for any disservice that you believed occurred with regards to our front desk services. Please know that your comments will assist us in our training to ensure that we consistently provide best of guest services.
Warm regards

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We made a late booking into this hotel on our way home from Canada. Despite arriving late at night we were warmly welcomed and delighted to find that our request for a 4th floor, quietly located room away from the highway had been fully met. The rooms are very large, with ample space, comfortable beds, a large bathroom and fridge and ‘kitchen’ space. Breakfast is prepared by the cheery Norma and is very adequate, and tasty, albeit it felt a bit odd that all plates were paper and cutlery plastic!

Overall great value, good accommodation and handy for Kelowna Airport which is 10 minutes’ drive away.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a high floor room at rear of hotel away from highway
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast bar and services from our breakfast bar team; all of the staff of the Comfort Suites truly are dedicate to provide best stay and services. Thank you so much for your accolades.

May I wish you all the best always,

with warm regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My first time staying in this property. I liked that it is close to the Blue Fin Sushi restaurant. Bed was reasonably comfortable and room reasonably quiet. My biggest beef, and what I will remember most about this hotel, is the goofy fitness equipment. I have been working out for a few decades and do so in many, many hotels. This fitness room is basically set up for a single person so right off that is a problem. Secondly, the apparatus they have there is ridiculous. A simple set of dumbells in addition to the strange machine that tries to be everything and winds up being nothing would be helpful. You now have competition just down the road even closer to the airport and, guess what? They have an awesome hotel fitness room!! Come on! This is "fit" Kelowna! Get with the program!

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the noisy highway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay. I do appreciate you taking the time to submit your comments. It is truly unfortunate that you did not enjoy our Cardio centre during your stay, I do apologize that the workout centre is not to your expectation. We are pleased to offer the 24 hour fitness centre to our guests that offers 4 various cardio machines and the additional bench, & stretch equipment. We do not have dumb bells in our cardio room, however, do appreciate your comments. Truly by comments and suggestions, are we able to strive for continual improvement.

All the best